PDA

View Full Version : NZ 2003 8G Galant - VR4 Body Kit (suspect runout model)

KiwiTT
15-10-2003, 09:59 PM
Just wondering if anyone has noticed, the 2003 8G Galant has a VR-4 bodykit INSERT INTO post VALUES (minus the wing). I recognised this as I saw one of our sales reps new company car has it.

I thought he's got a VR INSERT INTO post VALUES (i.e. 2.5 V6, no turbo, no 4wd) model, but no, he's just got the basic 2.0 model.

I suspect they are running this model Galant out now and giving this option away free. As a company car he couild not specify options, when I spoke to him, he just received it as is.

This probably means that there will be a lot of VR-4 lookalikes INSERT INTO post VALUES (in particular, those with the new front air-dam); as "Joe Public" only needs order the bigger wing as an option.

calum
15-10-2003, 10:02 PM
They've been doing that on the 'sport' model in the UK for a while but now seem to be doing it on them all.

Calum

tunes
15-10-2003, 10:50 PM
Is this the VR-G i have seen around? Let them live a lie i say! :D

KiwiTT
15-10-2003, 11:06 PM
It is just the standard 2.0 GLS. No mention of the body-kit on their website here (http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.nz/galant_sedan.html). It does mention the VR-24 has it tho.

jtfleming
16-10-2003, 01:03 AM
I've seen them as well, the 2.0GLS model, look good too, very hard to tell the difference from the front, just needs bigger wheels.:cool1: :cool1:

Nick VR4
16-10-2003, 11:04 AM
Yeap seen a few in the UK mainly V6 2500cc
Very hard to distinguish apart from only 2 fog lights instead of 4

Brind
16-10-2003, 07:20 PM
The VR-4 lookalike over here is called a Galant 'Sport' comes in 2.0, 2.5 engine sizes.
The only way to tell the difference as Nick said, is the lack of extra lights, rear spoiler, silver Mitsy badge and VR-4 logos.. the wheels used are either the same or very similer in looks as what is used on newer VR-4's.

-LegnumVR4-
07-11-2003, 06:13 AM
The one thing that anoys me about Mitsubishi is that they don't make it that clear what is their performance Galant/Legnum. U can see GDI's, 25st-R's etc that have the same body kits as the VR-4 's with out the badges. Where as the BMW M3's have a 'pumped up' look to them with the large/fatter guards, bumpers, wheels etc. If Mitsubishi did more to the Galants/Legnums VR-4's like they did to the EV0 INSERT INTO post VALUES (bigger guards, not the over kill wings etc) it would get more notice and have a bit more respect as a performance car which it is. More of the Audi/BMW style of strength.