PDA

View Full Version : what you lot think looks better

soapy1978
11-05-2006, 01:02 AM
/help which pic you lot think looks better with or with out the slot in the bonnet/help

replies please

bradc
11-05-2006, 03:26 AM
I normally like bonnet vents, but I thought michaeli's one was a little ugly ;)

I'd keep the vent there simply because it will allow a lot of heat to get out of the engine bay.

richy rich
11-05-2006, 06:50 AM
without

K9NG
11-05-2006, 07:07 AM
I would say without the vent, less is more and all that..

stuartturbo
11-05-2006, 07:32 AM
with the vent

BraindG
11-05-2006, 07:34 AM
I'd say without.

ritch_w
11-05-2006, 07:37 AM
without vent for stealth, and for super stealth - hide the 4 blue lights behind the grills for that extra element of surprise ;)

Spirit
11-05-2006, 08:10 AM
Without for me too - sorry but never really liked the way that was done

soapy1978
11-05-2006, 10:00 AM
i am in two minds of what to do as i got a straight bonnet aswell without the hole in but i also think that it helps let heat out it just that the egding that is round the slot is coming away and looking a bit tried so we have to see what i can do

ritch-w: can't get the light behind the grill as the inter cooler in the way as was thinking of that idea when i put them on

Brunty
11-05-2006, 10:30 AM
WITHOUT - :2thumbsup

WildCards
11-05-2006, 12:10 PM
i am in two minds of what to do as i got a straight bonnet aswell without the hole in but i also think that it helps let heat out it just that the egding that is round the slot is coming away and looking a bit tried so we have to see what i can do

ritch-w: can't get the light behind the grill as the inter cooler in the way as was thinking of that idea when i put them on

Get an EVO bonnet.

Dan_G
11-05-2006, 06:33 PM
Without the hole will look so much better imo.

Just think of all that nasty rain that can get in...

ghanda
11-05-2006, 06:58 PM
without the stickers

Wodjno
11-05-2006, 07:03 PM
Without the Hole and the Stickers :2thumbsup

ghanda
11-05-2006, 07:12 PM
With. Punctuation on the flyer.

Paul Beazer
11-05-2006, 07:49 PM
Deffo without the vent, it may do the job, but its done without any finesse at all. Oh and pink stickers do NOT suit the car either! Sorry.....

soapy1978
12-05-2006, 01:07 AM
Deffo without the vent, it may do the job, but its done without any finesse at all. Oh and pink stickers do NOT suit the car either! Sorry.....

well i sorry to say they are red stickers and i think they look o.k on the car and as for vent i think you right it got to go back to a normal bonnet at least until i win the lotto to get a evo one that is.

mpau009
12-05-2006, 02:18 AM
:thinking: I think maybe some fine mesh folded flush, in the same colour silver would change the look a bit, i don't mind the shape or position from the pic, but as it is, i think it interupts the bonnet line.

Gly
12-05-2006, 06:13 AM
no stickers, no vent.

ariddell
12-05-2006, 10:00 AM
Lose the vent, and quite definately lose the pink "Barbie's First Legnum" stickers.... /Devil5

Less is more...... ;)

d3x
12-05-2006, 10:11 AM
Would have to agree with the 'without' troop.

WildCards
12-05-2006, 10:17 AM
I'm without!

Kieran
12-05-2006, 07:03 PM
I don't mind the stickers. I think they look okay, And probably look better in real life.

However, that vent is the automotive equivalent of a flesh wound. I would plump for cutting in something like the ones that Spirit, BDA or Red have. They look good.

bradc
12-05-2006, 09:20 PM
And my bonnet is better than all of theirs :)

ANTHONY
12-05-2006, 11:57 PM
Without the Hole and the Stickers :2thumbsup i'd double 2nd that

soapy1978
13-05-2006, 12:16 AM
i'd double 2nd that

you seen the car the sticker are not pink are they

and you not like the sticker ether

Little Miss Road Rage
16-05-2006, 09:54 AM
Sorry I don't like the stickers or the vent either but its your car and it should be your decision

Nobbe
17-05-2006, 05:16 PM
I'd have to say, Monster,Evo or no vent at all!

soapy1978
26-05-2006, 01:59 AM
right i am changing back to the bonnet with out so i can play with the vented one a bit and some of ou see my car at silver stone so truthful answer please on the grahic i thinking they look o.k what you guys from silver stone think

darren

mpau009
26-05-2006, 02:19 AM
right i am changing back to the bonnet with out so i can play with the vented one a bit and some of ou see my car at silver stone so truthful answer please on the grahic i thinking they look o.k

Hey its your car, they cant all be sleepers (or grandad mobiles). Personally i don't like any stickers on any car, i never have, but so what, its your car, it should be how you want it, nothing more nothing less.. I certainly wouldn't change any part of my car just because someone else didn't like it.:2thumbsup

Just have a think about why they are there, and if thats the kind of car you want to drive and make up your own mind.

soapy1978
26-05-2006, 02:38 AM
Hey its your car, they cant all be sleepers (or grandad mobiles). Personally i don't like any stickers on any car, i never have, but so what, its your car, it should be how you want it, nothing more nothing less.. I certainly wouldn't change any part of my car just because someone else didn't like it.:2thumbsup

Just have a think about why they are there, and if thats the kind of car you want to drive and make up your own mind.

i like the stickers i put them on i jst seing what other people think thats all mate

Wouter
26-05-2006, 07:37 AM
I'm with mpau009 for the most part, I would not put stickers on my day to day car, but I would consider putting thm on my "track" car. (If we ever get it finished)

However, IMHO if you are going to stick manufacturer's stickers on your car... then make sure you actually have products from those companies.

Oh and there is only one sticker that woul stick on my car..... the Nurburgring sticker!!

ariddell
26-05-2006, 10:06 AM
Sorry, really don't want to be negative about your pride and joy, but to me with the stickers on it it looks more like something that would turn up on http://www.barryboys.co.uk

One of the best things about the Legnum is its sleeper status, and sticking bits of plastic on it i've never thought improves things.

But then it's your car and there's nothing to say one persons taste is any less valid than the next persons - so if you like em then keep them!

WildCards
26-05-2006, 10:18 AM
It's your car Soapy, you want to put stickers on, then put stickers on. They don't look as pink in real life as they do in these pics though.

Your car is heavily modified compared to most Legnums, and by putting the stickers on you are highlighing that fact. All food for thought I guess.

Nick Mann
26-05-2006, 01:27 PM
The stickers have been done well, but any stickers are not my taste. I also like the sleeper status. I like people pulling up next to me at the second set of lights, looking across and saying 'WTF is that?'!!

One of the great things about life is that we are all different. People will notice your car with stickers on. I guess that's your intention, so I would say you have it cock on!! :2thumbsup

pezza
26-05-2006, 01:39 PM
Yup Same as whats already been said... if all our cars looked the same then it would detract from whole idea of the club and the individuality... You just need to go to the car shows to see the cars in the club stands....etc

Whilst certain mods on different cars on here may not be to my taste... I like the idea that people are doing their own/different things with their car..

michaeli
11-06-2006, 04:02 PM
It's all personal preferece... However...

The vent is situated just behind the radiator, this will allow maximum heat loss and through put of air through the intercooler and radiator, then out of the engine bay.. I wrote an artical on it I think... :scholar:

I did it for performance not to make it look pretty and it showed on the rolling road day I believe...

There are more aesthetically pleasing bonnets, however, non more pratical for performance...

The choice is yours!!!:2thumbsup Make it personal....:2thumbsup

ANTHONY
11-06-2006, 04:47 PM
you seen the car the sticker are not pink are they

and you not like the sticker etheryup the stickers are red ......there ok but not my choice but if you like them keep them but i would change the bonnet

soapy1978
03-11-2006, 03:52 AM
old thread but just taken new pic with new bonnent on so thought i show what she looks like at the minute

it the second pic really just playing on paint with the first pic

BraindG
03-11-2006, 01:05 PM
Looking Schweet again! :pimp2: :2thumbsup

White Lightning
03-11-2006, 09:31 PM
Personally, I think it looks much better without the vent and the stickers :2thumbsup

Polabear
05-11-2006, 09:49 AM
The ugliest mod ever performed on an otherwise very clean and well looked after legnum.....and the pink stickers.......don't even get me started on those....there is style and then there is.....well enough said./Grrr BTW....sorry mate I know why the vent was done by Mike, but there are better ways to do it, if you have another bonnet fitted mate you will also need to have it Lifeshined from Autoglym otherwise you will never match that permanent wet look finish over the rest of the body, not even using the best two pack laquers, just out of interest do you have the R/R figures from mike...?

bradc
05-11-2006, 11:06 AM
I still don't like the stickers, but the bonnet was ok...

If you look at my bonnet you will see the vents do the same job, they look a lot better though.

soapy1978
05-11-2006, 07:10 PM
The ugliest mod ever performed on an otherwise very clean and well looked after legnum.....and the pink stickers.......don't even get me started on those....there is style and then there is.....well enough said./Grrr BTW....sorry mate I know why the vent was done by Mike, but there are better ways to do it, if you have another bonnet fitted mate you will also need to have it Lifeshined from Autoglym otherwise you will never match that permanent wet look finish over the rest of the body, not even using the best two pack laquers, just out of interest do you have the R/R figures from mike...?

h matey i know what you saying about the bnnet lifeshined but lucky enough mike used a different for the cut and i got the first bonnet that was on it back on the car so already lifeshined up thans for the reminder anyways.

and there not f*&king pink there red lol

darren

ANTHONY
05-11-2006, 08:14 PM
h matey i know what you saying about the bnnet lifeshined but lucky enough mike used a different for the cut and i got the first bonnet that was on it back on the car so already lifeshined up thans for the reminder anyways.

and there not f*&king pink there red lol

darren darren the car you have WAS polabears car i thinks thats why he made to coment and just in case any body is wondering what lifeshine is http://www.clean-image.co.uk/paintsealant/autoglym_lifeshine.htm

d i c k i e s
05-11-2006, 09:35 PM
just get an evo bonnet.. as some have suggested.