PDA

View Full Version : my 2.5l v6 has now been serviced

KEENY
11-05-2006, 09:19 PM
ok so i got charged £150 for parts and labour plus £44 for an mot. which didnt need doing cos the ld mot has 7 months left. plus vat £33.

came to a total of £227

when i called them and told them about the mot they said they was sorry and that the next time i get my car serviced with them they will pay for the mot.

as for the service it self i was not overly happy at all. i know you guys love your mitsi's as much as i love mine.
so for that reason stay away from this company>>> http://www.nationalvehicleservicing.com/servicing.htm

so what did they not do....

fluid levels where not topped up

i told them my altanator belt needed tighting up (i couldnt do it cos the last guy had managed to round off the nut) so anyway they tld me they would tighten it up and put a new nut on there. they have tightened up the belt and then they put the same nut back on.

they was supposed to do an electrics system reset. my srs light is still on my dash.

they also said they would tighten seat belts. well the drivers collection point needs to be tightend. and guess whos going to have to do that??? muggens.

so what did they do?

the air filter has been changed and some screen wash has been added. thats about it from what i can see.

i did tell them that i was only getting 200 miles to a tank instead of 300. so im waiting to see what my full tank does. i'll be sure to let you know.

ANTHONY
11-05-2006, 09:27 PM
if they come to you .........how did they do the MOT?,and if thats all thsy did i'd wand my money back or at least done properly

richy rich
11-05-2006, 09:41 PM
if they come to you .........how did they do the MOT?,and if thats all thsy did i'd wand my money back or at least done properly
or did they take it away

should have gone to wrd

AncientOfMu
11-05-2006, 11:06 PM
Im sorry it turned sour.

There are a lot of knowledgable people on this forum perhaps you should consider servicing it yourself?

richy rich
11-05-2006, 11:09 PM
There are a lot of knowledgable people on this forum perhaps you should consider servicing it yourself?
yes by the sounds of it anyone can do better than them

BraindG
11-05-2006, 11:19 PM
Awww.. sorry to hear this :(
You were so excited aswell :( - give it the once over yourself next?

glover
11-05-2006, 11:20 PM
Got mine booked in to vincents mitsi, yeovil in a couple of weeks for the full cambelt service. Had a good chat with thier servicing manager who was very helpful and wasnt worried at all that I was supplying my own parts. I was seriously considering asking my small local garage to do it but to be honest with the money im saving supplying my own bits it doesnt work out that much more expensive and at least I will have the peace of mind that they will hopefully spot anything else that needs doing. As for this company if they said theyd do things that they blatantly havent id be wondering what else they have forgotten.

strapping young lad
12-05-2006, 06:52 AM
i dont trust these mobile companies, well except the valeting ones!

in work we have a 5yr old focus (pool car) and we use it to go to our other sites in runcorn and moss side :)

we had a look around the car as we were in a caring mood and spotted 3 tyres were a bit on the balding side (we arent the only ones who use the car but it seems the only ones who fill it up, get it booked for service etc)

we went for a quote with national, fair price for 3 new branded tyres (we werent paying.. ;) )

our bosses said no and to use the preferred servicing company (mobile one)

3 tyres... 75 quid fitted! !!!!

erm ok, they were dunlops but we went to moss side the next day and bugger me did it wobble! they didnt track it

and they were over inflated...

but if it was my car i wouldnt touch them with yours ;)

i used national as i bargained down a price for conti's...

richy rich
12-05-2006, 07:26 AM
erm ok, they were dunlops but we went to moss side the next day and bugger me did it wobble! they didnt track it
don't you mean ballance

KEENY
14-05-2006, 08:18 AM
i got my money back for the m.o.t. but that was it. and they took it away for an m.o.t.

my bumpers are getting re-sprayed on thursday i ony hope that goes a lil better.