PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions!!!

Nik77
16-10-2003, 05:07 PM
Hi all .... i need your huge intellect and intelligence on a couple of problems I face with the VR4.

Q1. Engine tray - My engine tray has disengrated, it decided to do it at 90mph on the M20... that was a laugh..!!!
Any ideas where i can pick up a new one? Also the bumper cover that covers the front tow pin?

Q2. Jap Radio - I have the original Jap radio in the car which only allows me to get Radio 2 INSERT INTO post VALUES (yes exactly!) and it has no CD etc. it appears to be a sealed unit with no noticable holes to poke to release the radio. Do i have to undo the side panels to the centre consol to get at the radio ??? Helppppp!!!!

Thanks all in advance...

Nick VR4
16-10-2003, 05:15 PM
For the body bits I would say a Mits garage or maybe a local breakers

Radio no Idea mate :Ponder:

Darren
16-10-2003, 05:20 PM
http://hm.aitai.ne.jp/~unjyaa/legtop.htm

check the 3rd link for help on freeing the center console.

Nik77
16-10-2003, 05:21 PM
Nick, Do you think the tray would be a standard Galant tray?

Nick VR4
16-10-2003, 05:29 PM
Mmm possibly yes
Looking at the new Galant 2.5 its very similar so my well have the same parts

Kieran
16-10-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Darren
http://hm.aitai.ne.jp/~unjyaa/legtop.htm

check the 3rd link for help on freeing the center console.

Hmmm! I Like it when I find info on taking my car to bits!! Especially when the instructions are in Japanese!! Mwahahaa!:D

BraindG
16-10-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Kieran
Hmmm! I Like it when I find info on taking my car to bits!! Especially when the instructions are in Japanese!! Mwahahaa!:D

i betcha simon looks at this tonight.. and when we see him at CC - his car is going to be bare!

Nik77
16-10-2003, 06:20 PM
That Jap take it apart site is great!!!

But look at this pic...

joystick in the dash!. is that a new way of steering your legnum round Scoobies? Bring em on!:cool1: :D

Darren
16-10-2003, 07:51 PM
lol I thought that too :)

Brind
16-10-2003, 08:05 PM
It looks as though it is 35 past 6 to me. Can't beat in car sun dials. :cool:

I think the center dash can be popped out, then you will probably be able to gain access or at least see how to get it out.

pickigar
16-10-2003, 09:16 PM
The gear lever surround can be popped out with a screwdriver, starting at the end furthest from the dashboard. The main front panel then comes off, from the bottom, although you will need to remove the wiring connectors to remove it completely. There are then two brakets that are screwed to the side of the radio and to the bulkhead. You can undo either but I recommend the bulkhead ones and then remove the radio with the brackets still attached. These brackets should attach to a new radio.

GAry