PDA

View Full Version : SUPPORT: Removal of [IMG] BBCode.

BraindG
15-05-2006, 08:36 PM
If you have any questions regarding uploading, resizing or using the new BBCode please use this thread.

Funkstar
15-05-2006, 08:44 PM
Just a quick one Barry. On the: 1. HOW TO: Upload Images Using CVR4 Uploader, link, I get this:

Funkstar, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

zentac
15-05-2006, 08:50 PM
why get rid of the img tag, this must be the only bbs that considers doing it. Theres nothing like uping your bandwidth. I wont be posting any more images as all photos I take remain (c) me not this site!

BraindG
15-05-2006, 08:54 PM
why get rid of the img tag, this must be the only bbs that considers doing it.

Not true, please see vbulletin.com

Theres nothing like uping your bandwidth.
Isnt an issue at CVR4

I wont be posting any more images as all photos I take remain (c) me not this site!
If you cant understand why thats fine, perhaps I didn.t explain my reasons why correctly.

Just a quick one Barry. On the: 1. HOW TO: Upload Images Using CVR4 Uploader, link, I get this:

Funkstar, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Funk, fixed link

Gly
17-05-2006, 06:40 AM
just wondering whats gonna be done about the articals in the members area that have been written using the img tag and have pictures linked??

BraindG
17-05-2006, 07:43 AM
Im going to to through a redo the pictures.. for the time being they have the IMG tags. My "big" plan is to rewrite everything in PDF format.. but that takes time.

zentac
17-05-2006, 10:21 AM
so what about the thousands of other threads that have now been ruined by removing the IMG tag, wouldnt a little bit of thought been better before removing it..... and leave it functional for existing messages but make is so quick reply and advanced posts wont post with image tags in?

zentac
17-05-2006, 10:23 AM
TEST

yep, that still works.

zentac
17-05-2006, 10:25 AM
hehee.... guess youve not blocked them all ;)

WildCards
17-05-2006, 10:27 AM
You do understand why the forum has made this moce regarding the IMG tags don't you Zentac. Don't mean to sound patronising, but I can't understand how it could be a bad thing.

BraindG
17-05-2006, 10:30 AM
hehee.... guess youve not blocked them all ;)
Nope i havnt... not sure if you have noticed, however there is a wee box at the bottom of each forum... "posting rules" tells you where you can, and where you can't use certain BBCode.

so what about the thousands of other threads that have now been ruined by removing the IMG tag, wouldnt a little bit of thought been better before removing it..... and leave it functional for existing messages but make is so quick reply and advanced posts wont post with image tags in?

Do not insult my intelligence please... This has been discussed for a long time, just because you cannot see the thread, doesn't mean that its not been discussed. Perhaps you should put some thought into why im doing it, rather than ranting about how it affects you.

I really thought you, as a website master could imagine why this was done.

zentac
17-05-2006, 10:31 AM
You do understand why the forum has made this moce regarding the IMG tags don't you Zentac. Don't mean to sound patronising, but I can't understand how it could be a bad thing.

I can understand it for articles in the forum which the club wants to keep, however my images remain (c) me, uploading them onto the club site would effectivly sign away my copyright which im not prepeared to do.

mpau009
17-05-2006, 11:41 AM
however my images remain (c) me, uploading them onto the club site would effectivly sign away my copyright which im not prepeared to do.

Not my business really, but couldn't you just add a copyright mark onto the images?:thinking: I know a lot of people who got fed up with people nicking their images on Trademe started doing that. I hope everyone still feels welcome to contribute to the club, itd be a shame to lose photos of interesting builds.

...but its a giant pain when i go to look at a thread only to find a white box with a red X in it...

zentac
03-06-2006, 11:31 PM
Ok so you got rid of the [IMG] tags but where did the attatched images in this thread dissapear?

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=381&highlight=paddle+shift

Kieran
04-06-2006, 12:41 AM
Ok so you got rid of the [IMG] tags but where did the attatched images in this thread dissapear?

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=381&highlight=paddle+shift

Look at the dates on the posts Richard - they were lost during the 'Great Server Crash' of 2004 - you remember the temporary forum and such - Well, some attachments were lost from the site.

phosty
09-05-2007, 10:25 PM
I have tried the uploader and it works fine - but how do I delete the test images I uploaded?

BraindG
09-05-2007, 10:26 PM
you can't unfortunately - however if you provide me the names in a PM, i can remove for you.