PDA

View Full Version : Japfest 2006 - Track time.

Nick Mann
15-05-2006, 10:20 PM
Japfest this year looks to be the biggest and best so far, with more people on a dedicated club session than we have had before. This means that the track, whilst still quieter than a public session, will be nearly as full as we are allowed to make it.

IT'S NOT A RACE!!

Please read the following and digest before the weekend - we all want to be smiling after the sessions, so we all need to:

Watch for people around you. A collision is the worst possible event that could take place.
Overtake on the right. Same as a normal road. That's what we are all used to!
Keep left to allow others to overtake. If there are people who are faster than you, ease off on the straight and let them past. If you know someone is coming past, then indicate left so that they know you are aware of what is happening.
Don't tailgate! If someone is not letting you past, try flashing them. Likewise, if you are flashed, indicate and move left.
It's not a race - overtaking does not need to be dangerous. Don't overtake under heavy braking or force people off line. Wait until it is sensible to overtake.

We all want to enjoy the session - a bit of courtesy and sense and we all will! We are not all going to be quickest, but we are all going to have a fekking good time! Drive well and we'll all be friends in the bar at the end of the day.

Spirit
15-05-2006, 10:31 PM
Well said Nick. Nobody wants to be the one to cause an accident or damage a fellow members car, let alone their own.

One of the reasons many people take the opportunity to come out on track at Japfest is the fact that it is a closed session, and they can be a little more confident the idiocity seen in some of the public sessions is not replicated in ours.

Let's play safely people :2thumbsup

WildCards
16-05-2006, 09:34 AM
Well said guys :thumbsup:

strapping young lad
16-05-2006, 04:57 PM
do you ever see knobheads who ignore the rules and want go annoy everyone else?

what happens to them?

cos their actions could be fatal

HJM
16-05-2006, 06:18 PM
do you ever see knobheads who ignore the rules and want go annoy everyone else?

what happens to them?

cos their actions could be fatal

Luckily, they are few and far between, but they are about. The marshalls usually deal with complete idiots fairly quickly - if they haven't already crashed that is!

I think we have only ever seen one occasion in the UK where two cars have hit each other - two scooby's at Snetterton.

I guess taking out a mate has to be the worst thing that could happen on track!!

J :happy:

strapping young lad
16-05-2006, 08:38 PM
and if i must add not a cheap thrill either!

thing is for most, the car was their transport and not on a trailer so they are a bit miffed for mashing their car and even more so if they arent a member of a recovery service ;)

The Vee
17-05-2006, 03:04 AM
Yep common sense rules at these places. Good post. This event is something different for me as Mrs Vee actually wants to come out on track with me:2thumbsup. Much as she loves fast in a straight line, she's nervous of any screechy bits round corners, fearing the car may "let go" So I for one will be making sure she enjoys it and wants to go again, so much indicating to the left for me!! TBH, after all the time and money I've spent on this thing recently, I owe her this one:2thumbsup

Physician
17-05-2006, 04:29 AM
Excellent and timely post Nick :thumbsup:

Although I won't be there y'all know it makes sense. I would just point out that similar rules apply in the bar afterwards:

> Don't push past people

> If you feel yourself slipping - back off and have a rest

> Motion sickness - go to pits and operate dump valve

> Indicate when going to the bar (so others know your intention - to get 'a-round')

> Only flash when absolutely necessary (usually if behind and want to get in front)

:5shots: :5shots: :5shots: :5shots: :5shots: :5shots: :5shots: :5shots: :5shots: :5shots:

Kieran
17-05-2006, 07:53 AM
I hope to get some good photographs of some serious track action!:2thumbsup

I also hope to bagsie a suicide seat ride, with someone maybe?! ;):iloveyou:

Spirit
17-05-2006, 08:17 AM
Hey, great to see Debs wants to go out with you Andy :2thumbsup

Kieran, I would offer but my bro is coming out with me on both sessions, soz

WildCards
17-05-2006, 10:48 AM
More than welcome to sit in my cosseted passenger seat for a session Kieran.

MPBVr4
17-05-2006, 11:06 AM
This is the only reason I'm taking my pride joy on track because I know(?)
you lot are totally responsible, sane, careful and courteous drivers.....................
................. /pan :inquisiti /pan :zzz: :evilgrin: /pan.:thinking:

Wouter
17-05-2006, 03:25 PM
Malc..... you seem to have forgotten that I will be out as well! :2thumbsup

Spirit
17-05-2006, 04:13 PM
Malc..... you seem to have forgotten that I will be out as well! :2thumbsup

Don't forget to indicate when you move over to the left then mate :2thumbsup :iloveyou: