i3ooyah
16-05-2006, 04:47 AM
Where is it?

thanks, will explain in abit

mpau009
16-05-2006, 04:51 AM
Where is it?

thanks, will explain in abit

:thinking: According to this, it might be part of the rear windows, i think iv heard that somewhere else as well.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12450&highlight=aerial

Kenneth
16-05-2006, 06:06 AM
In the galant, it is integrated into the rear window heater. Used to cause problems when I turned the de-mister on in my galant... pos

In the legnum, its part of one of the rear side windows. Near side one I think... colud be wrong, easy enough to check though!

You See
16-05-2006, 07:18 AM
Yup, mines located in the lower part of the rear windscreen.

i3ooyah
16-05-2006, 08:17 AM
so its intergrated into the window? or its a electric antenna.

got a new dvd/tv for the car and the radio is fuzzy, it has a auto atenna wire on it which isnt hooked up n didnt know where it was.

BraindG
16-05-2006, 08:31 AM

got a new dvd/tv for the car and the radio is fuzzy, it has a auto atenna wire on it which isnt hooked up n didnt know where it was.
Its actually in the window, it looks exactly like the heating element, just isnt joined to it :D

only problem with it is that the reception is crap, you'll prolly need a booster.

i3ooyah
17-05-2006, 07:41 AM
thanks for clearing that up team, its in the right hand rear window.

so whats that noise that sounds like a electric aerial coming out when u turn the car on? not knowing is gonna bug me for ages now

ritch_w
17-05-2006, 08:37 AM
thanks for clearing that up team, its in the right hand rear window.

so whats that noise that sounds like a electric aerial coming out when u turn the car on? not knowing is gonna bug me for ages now

de ja vu - posted this yesterday and it dissappeared!!

does the noise come from the rear passenger side, sound like an electric motor whirring for about 2 - 5 seconds just after strting up the engine???

Spirit
17-05-2006, 08:40 AM

Fuel pump ?

ritch_w
17-05-2006, 08:43 AM
Fuel pump ?

thats what i thought - but surely it should already be pumping fuel - when it does it in mine the car has been running at least 30 sec

BraindG
17-05-2006, 12:37 PM
I think its the AYC.

ritch_w
17-05-2006, 12:57 PM
I think its the AYC.

dont thinkso - it comes from rear passenger side (not rear drivers side) and did it when i had my AYC disconnected too.....

strangebat
21-05-2006, 10:34 PM
back to topic:thinking:

the aerial is is in the rear windows and has a preamp fitted which needs a 12v supply, so if the head unit has been changed chances are this wire has been disregarded by the installer(mine was)/Grrr

If you need to find this give us a shout, got pics somewhere /help

Now I drive all over the west coast of scotland and never lose reception:happy:

strangebat
21-05-2006, 10:55 PM
off topic/pan I've always wondered what that noise was:inquisiti

ritch_w
22-05-2006, 12:37 PM
back to topic:thinking:
If you need to find this give us a shout, got pics somewhere /help

Now I drive all over the west coast of scotland and never lose reception:happy:

post up the pic if you find it Yan, I can get Radio1 etc but all the other "localised" station up here are hit or miss

strangebat
23-05-2006, 10:45 PM
pic http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6100&highlight=aerial

sorry the pics not too clear, but iirc the power cable for the preamp was attached to the coax aerial cable and it was just a case of giving it 12v.

soapy1978
24-05-2006, 01:35 AM
pic http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6100&highlight=aerial

sorry the pics not too clear, but iirc the power cable for the preamp was attached to the coax aerial cable and it was just a case of giving it 12v.

so that why mine not working right i guess i got to pull all mine back out again and join that wire up again thanks for that

darren

Grinder
27-11-2006, 11:12 AM
off topic/pan I've always wondered what that noise was:inquisiti
I know this is an old thread, but I'm searching for info on the antenna booster (and found it - excellent!).

Anyway, surely the noise described in several posts is the CD stacker swapping disks?

Lucas
03-12-2006, 09:30 AM

It's just an idea but one of my workmates recently put a new JVC display in and his radio reception was cr@p too. He found in the menu somewhere an option called something like FM Bandwidth in which he had 2 options: Auto and Wide. He changed it to Wide and presto! Good reception!

Maybe your one has this option as well but obviously you will need reception first!

stuey
03-12-2006, 04:13 PM
I changed recently to a JVC head unit and recepation was Sh*t, local car audio shop found a break in tha cable to the preamp, might be worth checking, and yes arial is built into rear side windows on Legnums...