PDA

View Full Version : Mini meet / work day in Scotland?

ritch_w
17-05-2006, 12:12 PM
Anyone interested in a mini meet / work day (similar to the NZ workshop day) in Scotland?

The thinking behind this is to gather a group of Galant / VR4 owners who maybe require some jobs done and either have the knowledge to teach others or dont and will learn from those that do!
e.g.
i want to do a full gearbox service with amsoil, but have never done one before - but strangebat has
strangebat wants to do the diffs / transfer box fluids - we use the how to
etc etc

So far myself, Starngebat and Axeboy are interested in this. Anyone else please add to the thread and what you woud like to do or knowledge to offer.

The next obstacle is where to do it, unless someone has access to a large garage or workshop, we are probably looking at meeting at someones house, Axboy has offered his drive (up to 3 cars) and presumably street parking / working, I have out side my house (not driveway - freshly monoblocked so spilling oil on it is not an option, order of the wife!) probably 6 or so cars in the street. Any other suggestions of location - add to the thread.

Time - probably June, that gives the individuals time to order any parts etc.
Add any dates that are good / bad.

:2thumbsup

conaboy
17-05-2006, 05:18 PM
Im up for it. Don't have much to offer in the way of mechanical expertise but willing to help out with any jobs that need doing.

Axeboys suits me as im only a couple of miles away

strangebat
01-06-2006, 10:25 PM
I'm pretty well up to date with every thing on mine, but would be more than happpy to help on the day, unfortunately I dont have the space but Scotts place sound a good idea

Rikki
02-06-2006, 07:26 PM
something that might be of interest to you all, but maybe not :thinking:

i noticed a few of you are from Ayr and the surrounding area. there is an Ayrshire Cruise on saturday 24th of june, taking place at homebase, kilmarnock, @ 8pm

i was thinking of making the trip - anyone fancy it?

//Edit: FastCar Magazine will be there so no doubt this will mean a good turn out. Might be good publicity for the club?

DUNLY
03-06-2006, 06:51 PM
def mate. im from maybole 10 mile from ayr. was at the homebase meet last time, seen some awfy nice motors, i shall be there!

Rikki
05-06-2006, 04:22 PM
cool. am considering taking both my galants over, depending on whether it is sold by then. shoould be a good day if the weather holds up

ritch_w
05-06-2006, 05:00 PM
excuse my ignorance, but will it be full of wee boys with 1.0 corsas with snow plow front bumpers (as per the local "cruisers") or will there be decent performance metal?

strangebat
05-06-2006, 09:27 PM
soz cant do saturday nights at the mo, gonna be at Knokhill for hot hatch spectacular on 2nd of July though.

There might be spare places on our club stand if anyones interested:happy:

ritch_w
05-06-2006, 09:34 PM
soz cant do saturday nights at the mo, gonna be at Knokhill for hot hatch spectacular on 2nd of July though.

There might be spare places on our club stand if anyones interested:happy:

ooh bugger - i'm away on hols on the 3rd so that would make me as popular as fart in a spacesuit..../pan /pan

Rikki
06-06-2006, 08:30 AM
excuse my ignorance, but will it be full of wee boys with 1.0 corsas with snow plow front bumpers (as per the local "cruisers") or will there be decent performance metal?

no idea to be honest. the local cruises i attend are not normally that bad. ill be attending anyway i suspect, could do with the day trip

Rikki
19-06-2006, 08:22 AM
something that might be of interest to you all, but maybe not :thinking:

i noticed a few of you are from Ayr and the surrounding area. there is an Ayrshire Cruise on saturday 24th of june, taking place at homebase, kilmarnock, @ 8pm

i was thinking of making the trip - anyone fancy it?

//Edit: FastCar Magazine will be there so no doubt this will mean a good turn out. Might be good publicity for the club?

so who's all up for this on Saturday? Just so i know who am loooking out for :2thumbsup

ritch_w
19-06-2006, 10:00 AM
so who's all up for this on Saturday? Just so i know who am loooking out for :2thumbsup

sorry - looks like i'm boozin on Sat, part 2 of my mates stag......:5shots:

MJR
19-06-2006, 12:56 PM
Wont be there Saturday sadly, been to Ayrshire Cruise before and they were crap tbh, like Ritch said full of neds with beasty 1.0l's.

MJR

DUNLY
19-06-2006, 11:56 PM
i'll be there rikki, see u there?

Rikki
20-06-2006, 08:10 AM
i'll be there rikki, see u there?

yup, am sure we will easily be found :scholar:

MJR
20-06-2006, 11:54 AM
Well if u 2 are goin, I'll see if me and the missus can make it for a while cuz dunno if we are busy that nite??????
Show everyone up in my grandad mobile LoL
Plus I'll finally get to meet you Dunly unlike the last 2 occasions :D

Rikki
20-06-2006, 01:43 PM
Well if u 2 are goin, I'll see if me and the missus can make it for a while cuz dunno if we are busy that nite??????
Show everyone up in my grandad mobile LoL
Plus I'll finally get to meet you Dunly unlike the last 2 occasions :D

am sure we would be able to show all the 'babyneds' up :scholar:

MJR
20-06-2006, 02:15 PM
LoL aye in ma standard grandad mobile :D
MJR.

Rikki
20-06-2006, 02:20 PM
LoL aye in ma standard grandad mobile :D
MJR.

lol at least 3 grandad mobiles - amazing :evilgrin:

MJR
20-06-2006, 02:35 PM
LoL fair enuff :P

Well it'll be good to meet a few peeps from round here as I'm moving to Cornwall end of October, so gott a enjoy what time I have left up here :D

Rikki
20-06-2006, 02:41 PM
LoL fair enuff :P

Well it'll be good to meet a few peeps from round here as I'm moving to Cornwall end of October, so gott a enjoy what time I have left up here :D

well i haven't met anyone from this yet - oh wait i have (sorry Legnum Lad VR4 lol) so can only be a good thing

DUNLY
21-06-2006, 12:24 AM
nice 1. when yous for heading up? need to get the three of them parked up nxt to each other :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: . thinking maybe aout half 7ish as last time it was packed!???

Rikki
21-06-2006, 08:37 AM
nice 1. when yous for heading up? need to get the three of them parked up nxt to each other :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: . thinking maybe aout half 7ish as last time it was packed!???

yeah sounds about right, ill try make it through for then but it might be closer to 8 depending on traffic /pan

Big Ian
09-07-2006, 11:30 PM
have you guy's got a workshop style meet sorted? if you have and it's still to take place, can i come along? i may no longer have a G but :book: i'm alway's interested in knowing stuff that will help me out in the future :happy:

Rikki
10-07-2006, 09:42 AM
one hasnt been arranged yet. although am off work as of thursday so anyone wanna arrange a meet??

ritch_w
12-07-2006, 10:25 AM
I've just just ordered 5l of Amsoil engine oil and 10L if ATF this morning - so if anyone wants to help me - feel free!!!

I havent done an ATF change before (will be following Kierans guide) so anyone who has already done this will be most welcome - as will anyone who wants learn!!

I'm off at the moment, and could either do this during the week or the weekend depending on anyone wanting to meet up to help / when the oils arrive.

let me know!:2thumbsup

ritch_w
15-07-2006, 08:35 AM
Did the engine oil change yesterday with lovely Amsoil :2thumbsup (£17 for a mitsi oil filter WTF /Grrr ) but still need to do the gbox flush - but have to wait until monday for a AT filter (ordered)

so anyone wanting to meetup next week?????

Axeboy
15-07-2006, 12:25 PM
I only paid £8 for my oil filter from Pheonix Mitsu

MJR
16-07-2006, 02:13 AM
so anyone wanting to meetup next week?????

Am up for lending a hand and learning a bit more about the car.
Would need to be after 5pm though and am busy wednesday night,
so any other time is cool by me :2thumbsup

And thanks to ritch for getting the spoiler off the tailgate for me :scholar:

Marc.

ritch_w
16-07-2006, 09:12 PM
Am up for lending a hand and learning a bit more about the car.
Would need to be after 5pm though and am busy wednesday night,
so any other time is cool by me :2thumbsup

And thanks to ritch for getting the spoiler off the tailgate for me :scholar:

Marc.

monday night would be good - as long as my AT filter arrives tomorrow

ritch_w
17-07-2006, 09:16 PM
monday night would be good - as long as my AT filter arrives tomorrow

got the AT oilf filter - £25 /Grrr and its not even gold plated

never got it done tonight - had visitors so tuesday night it is if anyone wants a wee trip to saltcoats/Hmmm

MJR
19-07-2006, 09:47 PM
Soz I aint been able to pop round mate, been busy wae things here and there.

Have you actually done the oil change yet?

Marc.

ritch_w
19-07-2006, 09:52 PM
Soz I aint been able to pop round mate, been busy wae things here and there.

Have you actually done the oil change yet?

Marc.
Naw!!!

I've had blocked drains and clearing 40 bags of hedge trimmings to deal with/pan

hopefully will have some time tomorrow......