PDA

View Full Version : VR4 concept designs

SEPTiMUS
18-05-2006, 12:42 AM
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.gee50/blushift-dash.jpg

Concept design for a 'dream mod' VR4 I've nicknamed BluShift. I used a pic of Kalle's beautiful machine as a base, I hope he doesn't mind!

I'm currently a highly frustrated Corsa driver (/help) but I really, really want my own VR4 and (being ran over by a bus permitting) I'll hopefully get my dream and spend enough time on it to do this kind of work on it. Cross my fingers you guys don't think it's sacrilege :P

Brimming with ideas for subtle-yet-sexy mods, I'll post more as I get them finished.

bradc
18-05-2006, 12:59 AM
That looks great, you should edit it to be a 300kmh speedo though :)

Physician
18-05-2006, 01:00 AM
Heh! Great stuff buddy.

Keep 'em coming as we love to entertain new ideas.

SEPTiMUS
We're too arrogant in the UK to know how far a kilometre is ;)

pezza
Hello Septimus...

So have you driven a VR4 yet? When do you think you will get a chance to own one?

The dash looks interesting... not sure how difficult it would be to implement something like that???

The fuel needle very rarely sits in that position BTW :D

SEPTiMUS
18-05-2006, 01:09 AM
I've not driven one, I've barely seen them except for online to be fair. I live in a town full of Scoobies and Evos, along with assorted Saxo/Clio/Punto/Corsa chav stupidity. Was going along the A66 one day a few months back and saw a GLS go past. You know those moments when something just catches your eye, and won't leave your field of view? The moments normally reserved for pretty girls on the side of the road - well that happened with this machine. I barely noticed the name 'Galant' - never heard of them.

The rest is history, I absolutely love them. My friend has a Skyline GTR V-Spec (R33) which obviously has the power, but not the looks imho.

I tend to work on the basis that I don't design things unless I have some idea of how to build them. I've got a few plans up my sleeve regarding the dash mod. It'll be fiddly but not impossible, nor overly expensive.

When? Oooh! Tough one. The kind of business I'm in gives inconsistent returns, so it's all a matter of when it picks up and if we get some big jobs really. It'll be at least a year before I can afford one with the insurance and running costs.

As far as what I've driven, not a lot. Only passed my test back in December and I'm on an automatic licence atm too! Let's just say there's been a latent car fanatic in me and it's suddenly sprang out :)

And yes, the way I manage to burn fuel in my Corsa, I dread to think what I'd do in a turbocharged beast :D

Kenneth
18-05-2006, 04:36 AM
I like! You could also make the mitsubishi symbol in the tacho a shift light... where it changes colour at around 5500RPM

BraindG
18-05-2006, 07:29 AM
I like! You could also make the mitsubishi symbol in the tacho a shift light... where it changes colour at around 5500RPM

Or each diamond is an AYC light :afro:

Spirit
18-05-2006, 07:38 AM
Welcome to the club mate and we always welcome fresh ideas, so as Richard says keep 'em coming :2thumbsup

Alscort
18-05-2006, 02:53 PM
That looks awesome!

g8legnum
19-05-2006, 09:58 AM
Interested to know which type of VR4 can do 91mph at 8,200rpm in Neutral (and with a full fuel tank)! :speechles

Wodjno
19-05-2006, 10:18 AM
Interested to know which type of VR4 can do 91mph at 8,200rpm in Neutral (and with a full fuel tank)! :speechles

And a Cold Engine /help

BraindG
19-05-2006, 10:20 AM
Would save loads of fuel though :scholar:

SEPTiMUS
19-05-2006, 01:55 PM
One that's rolling down a very steep, very long hill? ;)