PDA

View Full Version : 7g Twin Turbo for Sale

Axeboy
21-05-2006, 08:19 PM
Hi All

Im posting this for someone else who i have been in contact with.

I spotted it on the legacy turbo forums and here is what that post said:

"Just got this car in as part exchange deal thought it might interest a cpl of speed demons on here
Its a 1995 MITSUBISHI GALANT 2ltr V6 TURBO I know id never heard of one of these myself.It is a recent import and as such would need MOT ing before registration as its over ten years old it does not need SVA test.
It is pretty clean inside and out but needs a bit of attention to engine, but does start and runs but would advise a trailer to pick up.
It would be registered as N reg and would make a cheap performance car for someone to tinker with.
I will take the first reasonable offer over £550 for this car as i need the space.
if interested email me at spannerzzjapimports@googlemail.com for more info ,pics etc
i have all the documents needed to register this car apart from a MOT needs a little attention to engine to pass.
email or PM for details"

Seems reasonable, and id take it if i were closer. He based near Liverpool and isnt asking too much for it. Seems in good condition bar the engine issue. he says it runs but stall if the revs arnt kept up. Hes been told that it'll require new plugs/leads etc but best view before purchase.

http://img311.imageshack.us/img311/9617/dscf07565ca.jpg

http://img311.imageshack.us/img311/1157/dscf07631mo.jpg

Just thought it would be worth passing on. Id go get it if it were a saloon.

ritch_w
22-05-2006, 12:48 PM
It could be the ICV idle control valve if it runs with some throttle then stalls off throttle

spannerzzLFC
22-05-2006, 02:05 PM
IF someone is after this car off this site i will let it go for £500
contact for details
spannerzzjapimports@googlemail.com or 07913 704 711

need the money to go the world cup
regards
mick

BraindG
22-05-2006, 02:07 PM
IF someone is after this car off this site i will let it go for £500
contact for details
spannerzzjapimports@googlemail.com or 07913 704 711

need the money to go the world cup
regards
mick
Can't go wrong for 500 quid!

WildCards
22-05-2006, 02:14 PM
Hmmm, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car, track day car

...Wonder what i'd use it for?

WildCards
22-05-2006, 02:16 PM
Just remembered, i'm only 25!

Wouldn't stand a chance insuring this as a third car, doh!

SGHOM
22-05-2006, 02:28 PM
sold !! :evilgrin: :scholar: :scholar:

WildCards
22-05-2006, 02:33 PM
Nice one D.

ritch_w
22-05-2006, 02:39 PM

what u got planned SGHOM???:inquisiti

ghanda
22-05-2006, 02:40 PM
Mlr 500....?

BraindG
22-05-2006, 03:04 PM
Mlr 500....?
Derek, your bloody van! lol :thinking:

Axeboy
22-05-2006, 03:12 PM
What do i get for being the middle man? :baby:

SGHOM
22-05-2006, 03:14 PM

pick it up on wednesday ! :evilgrin: :2thumbsup

zentac
22-05-2006, 04:47 PM
hmmmm wasnt quick enough on that one... I could have done with that engine.

spannerzzLFC
22-05-2006, 05:54 PM
:afro: nice one axeboy
chris coming to pick the car up on wednesday
i owe you a favour if you ever need any parts for jap vehicles including VR4s let me know ive got a mate who works in a import/SVA centre and as access to cheap parts well cost price anyway

again nice one m8
chris ill see you wednesday and you now have a new member to the site:thinking:

Axeboy
22-05-2006, 06:24 PM
Nice one m8

Glad the car is going to be put to good use

:2thumbsup
:happy:

barnard
22-05-2006, 07:48 PM
:afro: nice one axeboy
chris coming to pick the car up on wednesday
i owe you a favour if you ever need any parts for jap vehicles including VR4s let me know ive got a mate who works in a import/SVA centre and as access to cheap parts well cost price anyway

again nice one m8
chris ill see you wednesday and you now have a new member to the site:thinking:
Should be there by midday, Mick, will phone you as i set off.

SJC PERFORMANCE
26-05-2006, 12:10 AM
MLR 500. I see, don't you think thats a tad unfair!!!!.

Might have to compare noes on the day!!!/Devil5

SGHOM
26-05-2006, 03:21 PM
This car is now sat happily in Chris's garage, but as yet a non runner ? :thinking: AFAIK, a new coil pack will be fitted soon to see if that will cure the 'non runner' problem.
The car is basically sound, although the previous [ japanese ] owner liked to hang things in it !! :speechles :speechles there are so many plastic clips/hooks in it, It's unbelievable !! /help
It may be next weekend before we get a chance to try it out, as Chris is going on his 6th holiday of this year so far !!!! /Grrr /Grrr /pan

gdelargy
26-05-2006, 03:27 PM
Is this really going to the MLR500? Poor thing...

Still, if you can get it going you'll have a great chance ~ near VR-4 speed and good ground clearance sounds useful for an event like this. Although not 'arf as useful as the front bull bar, eh?
;)

Regards,
G

SGHOM
26-05-2006, 03:57 PM
Is this really going to the MLR500? Poor thing...

G

nope...... It will be either a track day car, or an everyday car for Chris.

barnard
07-06-2006, 11:00 PM
My recent acquisition, the slower car on the right!!!!, is now running "sweet as", but needs a clutch. Anybody got one at a good price for a poor car dealer, please?

SGHOM
07-06-2006, 11:44 PM
Anybody got one at a good price for a poor car dealer, please?

Never met a poor car dealer yet !! eh.. Chris ?? [ mr 10 holidays a year !! ] /pan /pan :2thumbsup

zentac
08-06-2006, 07:01 AM
Ive never met a poor car dealer.

Kieran
08-06-2006, 08:15 AM
My recent acquisition, the slower car on the right!!!!, is now running "sweet as", but needs a clutch. Anybody got one at a good price for a poor car dealer, please?

Give Camskill a ring - their website is here:

www.camskill.co.uk

gdelargy
08-06-2006, 08:48 AM
Peculiar co-incidence... the clutch is slipping on mine as well. What's your mileage? I'm at 66,000 km (and the odometer isn't converted to miles yet), so if you're at a similar level, maybe that's the expected life of the component?

Regards,
(7)G

barnard
09-06-2006, 11:26 PM
Peculiar co-incidence... the clutch is slipping on mine as well. What's your mileage? I'm at 66,000 km (and the odometer isn't converted to miles yet), so if you're at a similar level, maybe that's the expected life of the component?

Regards,
(7)G
Mine has done 146000kms. More worrying is the slight misfire that occurs at full throttle and appears to get worse as the engine gets hot. In fact it holds back the power enough to fend off any clutch slip.

barnard
25-07-2006, 10:33 PM
VR4 has now been for an MOT. It only failed on an upper ball joint - cost of ball joint equivalent to 3 weeks of family shopping for 4 @ ALDI---£141 +VAT. But poor car dealer can have 20% discount thank goodness.

Big Ian
28-07-2006, 01:40 AM
out of interest??? does that car have a damaged alloy in the boot, 1 alloy different from the rest?? it look's very familiar to one that lay for a while in a garage near me ?

barnard
28-07-2006, 11:24 PM
From memory [ that fades rapidly at my age ] there is a space-saver steel wheel in the boot. Upper ball joint fitted in 20 minutes, and i work very slow in hot weather, just a shame about the cost of it.

SGHOM
28-07-2006, 11:37 PM
, and i work very slow in hot weather,.

Chris........ you work very slow whatever the weather !! :happy: :5shots:

Big Ian
29-07-2006, 05:57 PM
it remind's me very much of a 7G VR4 that lay in a garage called "Great Western Motor Company" just outside Glasgow, the one they had sat for at least a year (Strangebat saw it to) it had a space saver fitted and one wrecked alloy lying in the boot. .... the garage has closed down now also think it had an irish number fitted so they may be different car's

Tony 16vGTI
01-08-2006, 05:27 PM
it remind's me very much of a 7G VR4 that lay in a garage called "Great Western Motor Company" just outside Glasgow, the one they had sat for at least a year (Strangebat saw it to) it had a space saver fitted and one wrecked alloy lying in the boot. .... the garage has closed down now also think it had an irish number fitted so they may be different car's

Hi
I also saw this 7G at GWMC just before I bought Strangebat's and the guy there said it has had some work done on the engine by a mitsi dealer locally, I started it up and it soundrd rough. I remeber the alloy was damaged.
Tony

michaeli
02-08-2006, 06:49 PM
Mine has done 146000kms. More worrying is the slight misfire that occurs at full throttle and appears to get worse as the engine gets hot. In fact it holds back the power enough to fend off any clutch slip.

That sounds like coil pack or spark plug leads...

barnard
02-08-2006, 09:31 PM
That sounds like coil pack or spark plug leads...
Could well be the leads as we heard, thats SGHOM and myself, the sound of a lead arcing. But that was weeks ago, seems to be ok now, apart from the clutch. Anyway, been to register it with DVLA today, so when its plated and taxed and on the road proper i can give it some thrash and if problem returns fixit! jim. May even be at JP2 .

barnard
02-08-2006, 09:36 PM
Hi
I also saw this 7G at GWMC just before I bought Strangebat's and the guy there said it has had some work done on the engine by a mitsi dealer locally, I started it up and it soundrd rough. I remeber the alloy was damaged.
Tony
The engine looks totally untouched, except for cambelt change, but i had to take the cover off to see this. Must be a different car.

Tony 16vGTI
03-08-2006, 09:36 PM
The engine looks totally untouched, except for cambelt change, but i had to take the cover off to see this. Must be a different car.
Glad to hear the engine is ok, hope you have lots of thrash with it.
I know someone else up in Scotland who is very happy with his 7G.
Tony

barnard
03-08-2006, 11:14 PM
Glad to hear the engine is ok, hope you have lots of thrash with it.
I know someone else up in Scotland who is very happy with his 7G.
Tony
Thanks Tony, i"m sure i will.

barnard
10-08-2006, 09:50 PM
VR4 now registered, taxed, tested and on the road with a new clutch. And yes it is fast, -correction-EXTREMELY fast. Booked on Donington on 3/9/06, sessioned trackday.

SGHOM
10-08-2006, 09:53 PM
got my helmet ready Chris.................... and my DRIVING license !! :deal2:
cant let you have all the fun !! :kiss:

Kieran
10-08-2006, 11:37 PM
VR4 now registered, taxed, tested and on the road with a new clutch. And yes it is fast, -correction-EXTREMELY fast. Booked on Donington on 3/9/06, sessioned trackday.

Great news! Enjoy it!!

HJM
11-08-2006, 08:27 AM

Nice one Chris - so are you gonna bring it back to Donny on 30th September too???

SEE HERE (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17969) /Wyhy

J :)

barnard
13-08-2006, 10:48 PM
Nice one Chris - so are you gonna bring it back to Donny on 30th September too???

SEE HERE (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17969) /Wyhy

J :)
Very doubtful, Jane, as the vr4 fund is drying up. The car has resurrected a misfire, [putting new plug leads on], and sprung a coolant leak in the midst of the V of the engine- hopefully can fix this immediately.