PDA

View Full Version : G'day

birdy
22-05-2006, 11:57 PM
Hi ya,

Newbie here, I've been lurking for a wee while now - just haven't really had the time to get a post or two under my belt.

Currently living in cold cold Dunedin, NZ. Having just shifted here from Auckland a couple of months ago. Never really been a fan of Mitzi's until I jumped into a fello workmate's (in Auckland) VR4 (I owned the Sub Legacy 2.0 GT T/T) and then when I got down here needed a new car so went looking for a Legnum.

I was specifically after either the VR4 if I could find a nice one locally, but eventually had to settle for an ST-R as the VR4's for sale down here are either high km's, overpriced, thrashed or just nasty.

Apart from lots of motorbikes, I have previously owned:

Torana LJ
Torana LJ GTR
Bedford Van
Mazda Familia
Old school Mitzi lancer
Kia Sportage
V3000 wagon
Toyota Hilux (2ltr - lift kit etc etc)
BMW 535i
Toyota Estima
Toyota Camry
Toyota Hilux Surf
Subbie Legacy GT 2.0 T/T

I'm pretty sure there were a few more in there - but obviously didn't leave an impression on me as to keeping it in the memory banks.

I am really enjoying the Legnum, although I find it quite revvy/noisy and it sucks the gas more than the Legacy (but no where near as much as the 535!)..

I'm also a little disappointed that I couldn't find a halfway decent VR4 down here, but on the bright side, I had to chuck a towbar on the ST-R and that would have ruined the look of the VR4 - plus with two little kiddies, they are bound to destroy the inside of the car anyway.... Might just have to save up some $$ and trade the old Surf in at a later date eh ;)

ta for the great resource,

birdy

bradc
23-05-2006, 12:14 AM
Hey, There are a few Dunedin members around, you guys should have a little meet up. :D

Is your STR a manual or an auto?

Spirit
23-05-2006, 12:24 AM
/Welcome /Welcome2 /Welcome /wave

soapy1978
23-05-2006, 12:44 AM
/Welcome /Welcome2 /Welcome :beerchug: /Steeringw

BraindG
23-05-2006, 06:53 AM
/Welcome /Wyhy - nice introduction :2thumbsup

You See
23-05-2006, 07:22 AM
/Welcome :bananadan :bananadan /Welcome

Gly
23-05-2006, 07:45 AM
/Welcome2

join us,

im sick of being the only paying member of CVR4 in NZ :bigcry: That dont have a VR4

Nick VR4
23-05-2006, 07:46 AM
Hi Birdy /Welcome2 to the forum :2thumbsup

birdy
24-05-2006, 02:00 AM
@bradc - auto ... I really had to sacrifice as I did want the manual. Problem is - I refuse to buy sight unseen so had to get whatever I could locally.

@Gly - I will, have paypal will travel ;) But yes - you should see me as a full non-VR4 NZ member soon /Banana

I suppose I should take some photies too eh ;)

thanks for the welcome!

birdy

Lillywotsername
24-05-2006, 09:13 AM
/Welcome2