PDA

View Full Version : FS - Complete 97 Legnum - Wrecking

Muppsy
23-05-2006, 08:59 AM
Ah, thanks for the reply to the other thread Gly, I've been trying to get into the forums for a while to no avail.

Going great. Mary-Kate is nude now save her panels, suspension and loom.

Ashley is coming along nicely and have pretty much got the interior all sorted.

Found out that the Auto on Ashley is stuffed, not the torque converter. So I've either got to have the auto reco'd, or lift the engine out and do the conversion. This means none of the mechanical parts are for sale until I decide. If anyone knows of an auto to manual conversion write-up, let me know.

So, so far for sale:

1 x full interior minus carpet.
(this includes the woodgrain dash panels) Some of the air vents broke on inpact, and the airbags have bee deployed, so I'm pretty sure the dash itself is a write off.
1 x complete standard exhaust.
Set of standard shocks and springs.
Full set of hubs, arms, discs and calipers.
Drivers Door. (first dibs to Kenneth - Glass is OK - no buckles)
Both Rear Doors.
Tailgate including spoiler.
Bonnet (small curl on drivers corner).
All panels standard pearl white.
Rear Quarter Glass.
Large electric sunroof.
Sunroof model hood lining.

Coming soon:
1 x complete engine with turbos
1 x rear diff
1 x trasfer case
1 x ECU (maybe the auto ecu too)
1 x AYC computer
either 1 poked auto, or one mean manual tranny.
1 x bell housing (first dibs to bradc)

Basically I havn't had time to price all this up. If you're interested, make an honest offer and we'll go from there. Assum that all parts are in good condtion unless I've noted otherwise. I'll add prices as I get hold of them. You guys have first pickings before trademe punters.

All parts are in Keri Keri, but I can arrange them to get to Auckland. If you decide to take something, you may have to wait a couple of weeks to either I go up, or my bro comes down.

Swaps might be an option. I need the following:
1 x sump
1 x alloy casing above sump
1 x air con pump
1 x Crank Pulley

Let me know. Gly, hows the wagon going after the mishap? Sort the insurance out?

Muppsy
23-05-2006, 09:06 AM
Forgot to mention, interior is black with the normal multi-colored inserts on the dor panels. Carpet is dark grey. And the seats are all there too. As is the boot tray and carpets.

Sorry, no parcel tray.

Gly
23-05-2006, 09:33 AM
DIBS on hubs...

missed out on some on TM,

hub, brakes, disks, carriers, went for $151, only coz i bid up that high (150),

res was $100, would you take a hundy for them??
no one else really wants that stuff :P keep it in the club :D

also dibs on the center console wood grain stuff if its non-tv,
(need all the wood stuff top to bottom from the middle)

also how much for any of the factory tinted glass, dont need the drivers side passenger door glass, but i need the rest

BTW You must sell the bits i want to me extremly cheap or donate it to me,
as im broke once i have to pay my cars insurance excess in a week

My cars in the body shop atm, have it back by the end of next week hopefully

Muppsy
23-05-2006, 10:10 AM
When do you need the hubs and glass by Gly? Right now the hubs are used to roll the body around but It shouldn't be too far off going to the crusher.

Re the glass. Mary-Kate's is VERY dark and I'm thinking about swapping out Ashley's lighter tint. What were you keen for?

Gly
23-05-2006, 10:14 AM
im keen for which ever is the factory stuff, that way i can get screwed over when i get my WOFs

im in no hurry for either, as im broke anyway, when ever its ready,

so $100 for the Full set of hubs, arms, discs and calipers. ok??
if so consider them sold when there ready to come off.

also how much for the glass?? and dash??

OSiRiS
23-05-2006, 10:16 AM
If you have the passenger side headlight then I got first dibs.

bradc
23-05-2006, 10:34 AM
is there any chance you could get the back windows of marykate measured? if they are 5% tints, I'll take them

Gly
23-05-2006, 10:36 AM
is there any chance you could get the back windows of marykate measured? if they are 5% tints, I'll take them

mine so bugger off! :)

bradc
23-05-2006, 10:46 AM
I'll swap you with my 20's :)

Gly
23-05-2006, 10:48 AM
well what ever matches the one bit of factory glass thats in my car is fine,

if its factory tint then sweet, but i didnt know they came with 5s at all.

bradc
23-05-2006, 11:22 AM
If it marykate has 20's than I'm not fussed at all, but if it has 5% glass then I'll definately go for it. Remember my back window is completely differant, but the others will swap without a problem.

Muppsy
23-05-2006, 11:47 AM
Guys, I've yet to decide what glass I'm keeping. I'm not sure of the measurements, and probably won't get the chance to check, but Mary-Kate's is so dark you can barely see though it, and the guy at tintacar said it was factory when I was looking to get my front's tinted.

Ashley's is alot lighter. The best I can do is get some shots when I'm next up there. Proably next weekend.

Which glass I decide to use depends on if I plan to keep, or sell Ashley when I'm done. The price will be dependant on that too. Worth noting that Ashley's rear screen is not tinted at all, only the 4 rear windows. Mary-Kate was a nightmare to reverse. I'm getting it priced right now.

Gly, I'll get back to you about the price on the hubs, just checking it out now. I understand you need a good deal, but I tore the ring peice of a BMW so I could do with the dosh. But they won't go anywhere without talking to you first, so don't panic. As for the dash, I assume you mean all the wood grain stuff, if so I was thinking $50-70. Let me also double check the condition when I go up, I know alot of stuff popped out. What I'll do is bring as much of it back down as I can and you can come have a looksee. Note that the sunglass holder is broke.

Osiris, Sorry dude, I tried to nudge a BMW out of my way with the passenger light. Held up alot better than our German friend, but no good for you me thinks.

bradc
23-05-2006, 11:54 AM
ok cool. I'm keen for the 5%'s because I carry lots of computer stuff in my car all the time and the 20% just isn't dark enough.

OSiRiS
23-05-2006, 09:05 PM
Osiris, Sorry dude, I tried to nudge a BMW out of my way with the passenger light. Held up alot better than our German friend, but no good for you me thinks.

No problems ;)

Every wrecked Galant or Legnum seems to have damage on this side, even Gly's! :inquisiti /pan

Kenneth
23-05-2006, 10:41 PM
Yeah, I am still keen for a drivers door... if it is white? :inquisiti cant remember back that far :P

Muppsy
24-05-2006, 02:31 AM
OK got some quotes from around town for some of this.

Glass: Average for the two parcel windows is 150bucks each. That's factory tinted too.

Brad, I was liking your idea of a straight swap for the rear glass plus the difference for the two parcel windows. But you say your rear is different. Is it facelift? This would have been perfect for me as the rear glass would've matched Ashley's, and I would still have glass to sell with Mary-Kate's tailgate./Grrr. If anyone want's ultra dark factory tints and is in a position to do this let me know. I'll try to get the glass out next weekend so it can be viewed and maybe measured. Will take a few closeup photos too.

Gly, sit down and look at the prices I got back for the hubs and stuff:

Front and rear Wheelbearing Hubs $195-00 each Used
Front and rear Wheelbearing Hubs $300-00 each New
Front And Rear Discs $ 95-00 each Used
Front And Rear Carriers Bare $125-00 each Used

That was only one of the quotes but they were all enough to make you soil yourself. $1660 bucks for a full set without callipers is insane.

I agree that getting rid of these parts will be hard, but $100 is way too cheap sorry. I'll send you a PM later and we can try to work something out. I won't expect anything near what these wreckers are asking.

At the moment, I'm emailing wreckers again to see if they'll take everything off my hands. But I'll let you all know before I do that.

bradc
24-05-2006, 02:41 AM
there are 2 windows on each of the rear doors and a window on the side in the boot, ie 3 windows in total per side, those are the ones I would want, I don't really mind about the back part being 5%.

Do you have all 6 of those ultra dark windows intact?

Muppsy
24-05-2006, 02:58 AM
Yep, all windows are there except for front passenger.

Kenneth, Drivers door is OK it seems, and standard pearl white in color. Do you need the glass/electrics/door panel too?

bradc
24-05-2006, 03:46 AM
ok, so do you want to do a swap? can you just confirm as well that they are 5%? If you go to a wof or vtnz place they have a little toy that will tell you the %age

Muppsy
24-05-2006, 04:32 AM
I thought you said the rear screen is different? If so, no thanks mate.

Swapping just the side glass is no good to me because I'm left with glass I can't use and is probably harder to sell. Would rather put the lot into Ashley.

My uncle's mate runs a WOF shop. I'll try drop by in a couple of weeks and get them measured. But I'll bet they're 5%, I've never seen darker anyway.

bradc
24-05-2006, 04:46 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't be after the rear glass at all, only the 6 side bits of glass. Let me know what percentage it is :)

Gly
24-05-2006, 05:38 AM
if you take his glass brad, ill take yours,

and hubs, yeh i no the cost **** loads, but who really wants them??

the last set sold by a member here went for $250 for the lot,

and they ended up here....

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Mitsubishi/Other/auction-56919203.htm

i bid up to $150, which was still more than i wanted to pay.

these havent sold yet and there only $20.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Mitsubishi/Other/auction-54756788.htm

if you can sell them for more than go for it,

max im gonna pay is $120..

bradc
24-05-2006, 05:44 AM
sweet as Gly :D

SNWMAD
24-05-2006, 06:40 AM
Got the front bumper?, can't seem to get my hands on an unbroken one and don't like the aftermarket jobies.

Muppsy
24-05-2006, 07:07 AM
if you can sell them for more than go for it,

max im gonna pay is $120..

Sweet. Good luck dude.

SNWMAD. Fortunately I had the bumper off it when I crashed.

Un-Fortunately the reason it was off was because some of the plastic mounts around the top were torn and I was planning to fix it.

So I guess it's no good to you. Let me know otherwise and I'll post some photos of it, or look at the top one in my thread "Project Olsen Underway" in the chat section.

Cheers

Gly
24-05-2006, 07:41 AM
how much for bare hubs, no carriers or brakes or arms,

maybe rear disks, depending on size, can you measure the diameter please.

PM me and we can sort out a deal,

Kenneth
24-05-2006, 09:45 AM
Yep, all windows are there except for front passenger.

Kenneth, Drivers door is OK it seems, and standard pearl white in color. Do you need the glass/electrics/door panel too?

I only really need the door shell... but of course the less work I have to do for the swap the better ;)

I would like to take a look to see how well the colour matches first.. though I should be ok (never know though....)

andja
24-05-2006, 10:34 PM
I am very keen to get a rear diff, mine made an expensive noise! let me know when it's available.

Muppsy
24-05-2006, 11:49 PM
Kenneth, Will pull the door off and bring it back down next weekend so you can have a look when it suits you. PM me your number. The Skin is already off it, as is the mirror.

Glass is still in it, I didn't want to pull the plastic off to pull it out.

How does $150 including glass sound? If it is actually what you're after that is.

Andja, I will let you know once Ashley is going. If we do a conversion I just need to make sure all that gear will hold out. It could be a couple of months yet for the mechanical gear but you have first offer on the rear diff.

tahuna breaks
25-05-2006, 05:28 AM
Heya cuz, would you happen to have a right rear tail light and if so how much? I wouldnt have the faintest?

Tim

OSiRiS
25-05-2006, 05:29 AM
Sorry for the OT, are you that band Tahuna Breaks?

tahuna breaks
25-05-2006, 05:32 AM
hahaha yeah bro, how could you tell??? hehe

OSiRiS
25-05-2006, 05:46 AM
Because of the name duh lol. Good on ya.

Kenneth
25-05-2006, 05:47 AM
/Hijack

please keep to topic.

Ta :2thumbsup

Muppsy
25-05-2006, 09:10 AM
Tahuna, can do mate. Would you be after just the light on the corner or the light that sits on the TG itself? Or both?

Gly
25-05-2006, 09:36 AM
how much for the front hubs only.

tahuna breaks
25-05-2006, 11:31 PM
Tahuna, can do mate. Would you be after just the light on the corner or the light that sits on the TG itself? Or both?

Not too sure dude, a part of the glass has been smashed about the size of a golf ball and need to get it replaced so not sure eh? Reckon i need the whole light... Sorry if im confusin u, just have no bloody idea!

Tim

Muppsy
25-05-2006, 11:44 PM
Sweet bro. What I'll do is get som pics for you with the lights off so you can see how each part works and you can decide. The light is in two peices off memory. One peice attaches to the main body and has the indicator/stop light in it. The other sits on the tailgate and has the reverse/stop light in it.

I'll bring them back to AKL with me next week anyway so you can have a look if you're still keen.

Gly, not too sure I want to seperate just the hubs. Will let you know when I get them off next week.

tahuna breaks
25-05-2006, 11:56 PM
Sweet bro. What I'll do is get som pics for you with the lights off so you can see how each part works and you can decide. The light is in two peices off memory. One peice attaches to the main body and has the indicator/stop light in it. The other sits on the tailgate and has the reverse/stop light in it.

Yeah cheers bro, its definately the one which attaches to the main body as its the indicator that has the small smash... Thanks dude...

Tim

jervis
29-05-2006, 04:06 AM
Yo! Got some spare rear door handles floating about?

Muppsy
29-05-2006, 10:35 AM
Na not me mate. Mine will have to go with the doors sorry. There is the front passenger one though.

Gly
29-05-2006, 11:42 AM
got a set of hubs sorted,

just need rear disks...

how much you want for yours??

tahuna breaks
30-05-2006, 10:54 PM

Hey bro, how much would you want for that rear light? Did you manage to get any pics yet dude?

Chur!

Muppsy
31-05-2006, 09:45 AM
No photos yet mate. I go up this weekend. Would be looking at $100. Or you could wait until I list them on Trademe if you would rather bid for it.

Gly, not worth me separating sorry.

detonate
31-05-2006, 12:07 PM
Yeah, I am still keen for a drivers door... if it is white? :inquisiti cant remember back that far :P

Do you need the electric window controllery panel thingee?

I broke mine :( /pan /pan

tahuna breaks
01-06-2006, 02:51 AM
No photos yet mate. I go up this weekend. Would be looking at $100. Or you could wait until I list them on Trademe if you would rather bid for it.

Hey dude, dont worry about the pics man, i managed to get one from a wreckers. Cheers for everything though...

jervis
01-06-2006, 05:34 AM
How much you want for the tail lights?

dickytim
01-06-2006, 09:44 AM
I could be keen on the axles how much would you be after ?

Greg M
01-06-2006, 10:08 PM
You wouldn't have a power steering pump?

OSiRiS
01-06-2006, 10:20 PM
You wouldn't have a power steering pump?

How'd you manage to kills yours? If you don't mind me asking :)

Greg M
01-06-2006, 10:57 PM
A mate was doing some doughnuts in his Coomodore in a paddock and I did one and drove out of the paddock to find I had no power steering. I got home and couldn't see anything wrong. I checked the fuild and its not moving at all and I was told if the fuild isn't moving them the pump has gone. The mechanic I spoke to said the shalf in the pump has likely snapped. Sounds like it would have gone regardless of the paddock activities, just bad timing:( I can't find any at the local wreakers.

How'd you manage to kills yours? If you don't mind me asking :)

OSiRiS
01-06-2006, 11:12 PM
A mate was doing some doughnuts in his Coomodore in a paddock and I did one and drove out of the paddock to find I had no power steering. I got home and couldn't see anything wrong. I checked the fuild and its not moving at all and I was told if the fuild isn't moving them the pump has gone. The mechanic I spoke to said the shalf in the pump has likely snapped. Sounds like it would have gone regardless of the paddock activities, just bad timing:( I can't find any at the local wreakers.

Yup I've killed two doing helis. One on a dirt carpark and one on tarmac :)

Got 10 spins out of them both ;)

Got video if you want it, I attached it to this post :)

Greg M
01-06-2006, 11:34 PM
How on earth does doing that kill a power steering pump?

I hear its a horrible job to change them as the air con needs to come out to get to it. Any tips for a swap would be appreciated. I've been quoted $165 from the local wreakers, but they don't have any. The Mitsubishi dealer said they could source one for $395+GST.

OSiRiS
01-06-2006, 11:35 PM
Yup very costly process.

I think it's just because of all the pressure put on the pump because of the weight and size.

Lesson learnt: No more helis in the VR4. Save it for the Lancer RS ;) LOL

Greg M
01-06-2006, 11:45 PM
How much did you pay for your replacement ones?

Greg M
01-06-2006, 11:53 PM
Just had Kempy's ring, $195+GST and $15 freight for Saturday delivery, so took it. Sounds like a wet weekend, so I will have a nice job on my hands:(

OSiRiS
02-06-2006, 12:12 AM
Just had Kempy's ring, $195+GST and $15 freight for Saturday delivery, so took it. Sounds like a wet weekend, so I will have a nice job on my hands:(

Good price. Sounds about right :)

Muppsy
02-06-2006, 11:35 PM
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=58798722&ed=true

Taillights here. Let know if anyone here wants to bypass Trademe, Can do a deal for paying members.

Muppsy
02-06-2006, 11:52 PM
Drivers Headlight

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=58800149&ed=true

OSiRiS
05-06-2006, 06:50 AM
I might be after a gearbox. What do you have and price? Thanks.

Gly
05-06-2006, 07:11 AM
hes got a ****ed auto, and a good manual

OSiRiS
05-06-2006, 08:52 AM
Willing to sell the manual box?

Muppsy
06-06-2006, 07:03 AM
Havn't sorted out the box yet. I have a blown Tippy but don't know the particulars yet.

Also have a pretty solid 5 speed, but I'm planning on putting that into the project if the Tiptronic is an expensive fix.

Will be a couple months before I decide on that one sorry dude.

Muppsy
06-06-2006, 07:05 AM
Gly, cool pics mate,

I've been looking for one of those grill surrounds. Where do you get them from?

Gly
06-06-2006, 07:30 AM
afaik only me and mpau009, in the club have them, (there are only a few in NZ)

and we both got them off trademe, we both got them cheap.

mpau009 knows the exact price if you keen to import one yourself,

oh and BTW it will be $2000, up to have the trippy rebuilt... i would do the conversion to manual in stead

Muppsy
06-06-2006, 11:45 AM
Cheers for the heads up bro. How you going with the hub conversion?

Gly
06-06-2006, 08:32 PM
got the parts now,

but everythings on hold now,
im getting my cambelt, tensoners, other belts and water pump done today...
my wallets gonna be $950 lighter.

Muppsy
07-06-2006, 08:33 AM
Good to hear you got the parts. Sorry I couldn't help. Will be keeping mine a while longer anyway until my conversion is done and I know everything is sweet on Ashley.

Muppsy
07-06-2006, 08:34 AM
Actually...

$950 is about $300 bucks cheaper than any quote I got for that. Where you getting it done?

Gly
07-06-2006, 09:03 AM
$933 in the end and one day turn around

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=160551

Kenneth
08-06-2006, 12:07 AM
What wolud be the price difference for a VR-4? I am guessing that the only real difference is that the cam belt is different?

OSiRiS
08-06-2006, 12:09 AM
What wolud be the price difference for a VR-4? I am guessing that the only real difference is that the cam belt is different?

Labour in pulling all the other bits and pieces out.

Mine was $1300 for belts, water pump, steering pump install, all bearings, all seals and all tensioners. Done in 1 day. Includes warrenty. Done at Mitsubishi Manurewa.

Munta
14-06-2006, 08:05 PM
have u got...
R/H inner steering rack and joint
both front lower suspension ball joints??

Kenneth
14-06-2006, 10:54 PM
have u got...
R/H inner steering rack and joint
both front lower suspension ball joints??

You would be better off getting the inner rack end new. not a mitsi one though. I think mine cost me about $30 brand new.

Munta
15-06-2006, 06:53 AM
where did u get yours from... and not a mitsi 1??

Kenneth
15-06-2006, 07:05 AM
where did u get yours from... and not a mitsi 1??

um... some place in hillside road... cant remember the name. maybe ill be able to find the recipt when I get home... or could drive past I suppose

Kenneth
15-06-2006, 07:45 AM
Here you go BNT (http://www.bntnz.co.nz/)

dickytim
15-06-2006, 08:15 AM
not trying to spam this or cost anyone a sale but for parts like ball joints I would stay right away from second hand they are so cheap as it is, I did both sides all 4 ball joints for $300, of coarse that was a special price but retail would be about $600 MAX for the parts

Muppsy
15-06-2006, 09:31 AM
Yeah I agree. I do still have them on the old car, but for things like that I would only bother with new parts. My ones have gone over 100k.

NewAgeChristine
19-06-2006, 10:23 PM
Hey muppsy, you still have this motor, and how many miles?? IS the motor the 6A13tt, and how much you want for it? PLus what would I have to do to have this motor shipped to the states?Thankzzzzz

lofud
25-06-2006, 09:12 AM
what do u want for the springs?

Muppsy
25-06-2006, 09:55 AM
lofud. No spings sorry.

Christine. Yes it is a 6A13tt. But I'm not selling anything mechanical until my project is finished and I know it's all solid.

As for sending to the states, I have no idea, but with NZ customs I can assume it would be a bloody nightmare so I don't think I would be interested sorry.

NewAgeChristine
25-06-2006, 04:27 PM
ok kool man

dickytim
25-06-2006, 07:42 PM
what do u want for the springs?

Again appologies for the spamming I have some standard springs at home if you are interested PM me.