PDA

View Full Version : Do you remember this?

Simon
17-10-2003, 06:28 PM
SUPERCAR STOLEN BEFORE THE NEC AUTOSPORTS INTERNATIONAL SHOW.

The Autosports International Show at the NEC in Birmingham has already had its first visitors even before the doors open to the public today.

Car thieves visited the venue early and stole a £34,000 high performance 150 mph Mitsubishi Galant VR4 Saloon, one of six high performance Mitsubishi road and rally vehicles scheduled to go on display

The vehicle had just been unloaded from a vehicle transporter, parked and before the car could be moved into Exhibition Hall 6 the opportunist thieves struck.

The Mitsubishi Galant VR4 Saloon is silver in colour and has distinctive RALLIART show plates fitted. Mitsubishi Motors in the UK are appealing for anybody seeing this car or knowing where it is to contact their local Police or to telephone Mitsubishi Motors on 01285 655777 or 01285 647200.

Mitsubishi Motors spokesperson David Miles said; "I know our Ralliart products are ‘hot’, desirable and scarce but this is ridiculous - we need it back for the Show – can I appeal for its return please."

Simon
17-10-2003, 06:29 PM

Simon
17-10-2003, 06:31 PM
So it was Silver.........Who has a silver car and could have been cunning enough to "borrow" one...............:Ponder: :shrug:

Spirit
17-10-2003, 06:50 PM
I remember it as I posted the original thread mate:

http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=636

......and the car was recovered ! :D