PDA

View Full Version : Intercooler advice

Muppsy
25-05-2006, 11:55 PM
Hiya,

Just wanting a bit of advice about intercoolers as I don't know anything about the different types.

Here are some shots from the ic off my wrecked Legnum. It wasn't overly damaged but a few of the fins are bent.

Someone told me that this is a fairly expensive unit and I should keep it for the new Legnum. It's 600x200x75.

I've heard all this talk about bar and plate type and another type but I don't even know what this one is.

There are some cheap units on Trademe at the moment so am wondering if I should be looking at replacing this or will this do just fine regardless of the minor damage. Obviously a new one will look better.

mpau009
26-05-2006, 12:23 AM
Theres some discussion here:pimp2:

Pages 2&3

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13181

bradc
26-05-2006, 01:11 AM
That ARC induction box looks very nice :D

You may as well keep the Intercooler, no point in changing it. Your one looks good.

Nick Mann
26-05-2006, 02:27 PM
ARC intercoolers are considered to be good. Why buy a new one if that one is still airtight?

I guess you could give it a good clean if you want it to look better. And straightening the fins shouldn't be too hard if it really bothers you.

richy rich
26-05-2006, 02:31 PM
as long as it don't leak it will be fine:2thumbsup

Wodjno
26-05-2006, 02:34 PM
The bent fins won't make any noticeble difference to cooling.. And 15mins with a medium and small flat screwdriver will soon make the fins look better. Once behind the grill or mesh front, they won't be noticeble anyway.. The size of the intercooler is about spot on for the standard opening ing the standard bumper.. :2thumbsup

pezza
26-05-2006, 02:35 PM
Nice aribox BTW ...bet that wasn't cheap :D

Intercooler looks good too... rare to find them that size too, I think? :thinking:

Muppsy
27-05-2006, 12:40 AM
Cheers fellas.

It's otherwise fine apart from the fins, so I guess I'll keep it. The mesh was cut out of the old Legnum, but is still intact on the new one, so I guess I can hide it. Does look better exposed, but I guess most of this minor damage is proof of why the mesh is there in the first place.

As for the airbox, I am yet to discover how I got that photo in the end of my post. :speechles . Sorry for the OT there.