PDA

View Full Version : ride height

Davezj
27-05-2006, 09:19 PM
what is the standard ride height of a Legnum VR-4?

I am looking to buy one and don't know too much about it.

The one i am looking at has only 4.5 inches from the bottom of the flexible part of the exhaust in front of the cat to the ground.

Does this mean it has been lowered. current owner only part ex it and knows nothing about them.

Please help.

Gly
27-05-2006, 11:02 PM
sounds like it....

http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/mitsubishi/legnum/1999_5/

Davezj
27-05-2006, 11:21 PM
cheers for the info, 150mm as standard. that is 6 inches, so 2.5 inches lower which is 6.35cm that sound a lot.

would this require exessive work or would it just mean spring changes. By exsessive i mean shock changes or suspension geomity reset up.

I am not to famillier withsuspension mods

thanks for any info.

Dave

Gly
27-05-2006, 11:45 PM
could be either superlow springs, (when i had just springs i had 100mm clearance)

but could also be coilovers (adjustable shocks) which is what i have now i can go even lower.

Davezj
28-05-2006, 12:05 AM
wouldn't like to go over a speed bump with that clearance.

but seriousley do you have any problems with grounding the car

Gly
28-05-2006, 12:10 AM
yes,

ive broken 2 sets of down pipes (the flexis get torn apart)
looking into getting some custom made withe flexi moved higher up and further back

and ive Cracked my front bumper kit a couple of times aswell.
this usually catches on driveways that are two steap,

i also try to avoid any speed bumps...

when i get it back this time (its at the body shop after a run in with a tree)
its gonna get wound up so i can at least get up the driveway

Davezj
28-05-2006, 01:09 AM
If i buy this car i might be in for some bills, as Sale must be the speed bump capital of manchester. no more bumping up the curb for me. I have a jeep grand cherokee at the moment and it is great for urban driving, with rubbish road surfaces we have. The only down side is the rock and roll, it's got more roll than "Subway" and it rocks like a squirrel in a peg bag.

BraindG
28-05-2006, 10:22 AM
I live close to Sale, Baguley.. I have mine lowered, and I have a hell of a time going down Wardle Road, for example :) - you get to learn though, no way can you go over those huge platform speed bumps straight on. Instead you have to take em at 45 degree angle, up, and off...

I tend to not drive to place via roads with speed bumps now though :) Im sure, once you have the car, youll find all sorts of roads you never knew existed.. i did :)

Davezj
28-05-2006, 10:27 AM
Cheers for the the info.

I will have to get a streetmap of britain with all the speed bumps marked for the modifiers round the country. Just like the one the AA did for speed cameras. Maybe they will do one for low riding britain.

BraindG
28-05-2006, 10:28 AM
Cheers for the the info.

I will have to get a streetmap of britain with all the speed bumps marked for the modifiers round the country. Just like the one the AA did for speed cameras. Maybe they will do one for low riding britain.

hmmmm, could be money in that :)