PDA

View Full Version : re

glover
29-05-2006, 05:54 PM
Searching the forum it would appear that the standard airbox on the vr4 is the same as the v6. The previous owner of my car decided to drill holes in the airbox to increase the airflow and I would like to replace it. Now as you vr4 boys like your aftermarket filters so much there must be hundreds of standard airboxes gathering dust in garages. Anyone fancy selling me one?.

(its the part that connects to the scoop i need .)

Also is there a trick for getting the air filter element out nothing wants to move particularly far when i try.

cheers

Paul Beazer
30-05-2006, 10:01 AM
To get the air filter out, unclip the two closing clip thingies at the tope (there are to locating lugs at the bottom, so nothing to uindo there), then gently but firmly lift straight up and back a little bit and it should come out. Mines a bit of a struggle, but you can do it!

Why would someone drill holes in an airbox? To keep their engine supplied with nice warm air in winter??/pan

Legnum Breaking
30-05-2006, 10:11 AM
Searching the forum it would appear that the standard airbox on the vr4 is the same as the v6. The previous owner of my car decided to drill holes in the airbox to increase the airflow and I would like to replace it. Now as you vr4 boys like your aftermarket filters so much there must be hundreds of standard airboxes gathering dust in garages. Anyone fancy selling me one?.

(its the part that connects to the scoop i need .)

Also is there a trick for getting the air filter element out nothing wants to move particularly far when i try.

cheers

PM me, I have what you need.

glover
06-06-2006, 07:14 PM
Dont want to spend too much. anyone got one gathering dust?.

The Vee
07-06-2006, 12:55 AM
Think you may find the vr4 one has a larger aperture where the intake pipe fits. I can check in the morning.