PDA

View Full Version : If you had to choose...

g6acb
31-05-2006, 01:05 AM
OK, at the risk of adding to the growing numbers of CVR4 widows /grouphug I think I have the green light with the g/f to get to one of the events this summer:2thumbsup

After enjoying myself and the company at Donnington track day and Silverstone Rolling Road and seeing the pics from Japfest I thinks I have managed to convince Yvonne that you dont all wear matching Tank Tops and refer to each other by Chassis numbers.... :speechles (although she does 'do' cars and most years can be found at Silverstone for the Grand Prix/Steeringw )

Anyhooow - Japfest 'duex' is out as we are on our jollies, tracking the car I have to go to work in on a monday morning has met with a string of un-ladylike expletives so that brings me to the reason for this post...

Those of you with experience of both Japshow (Santa Pod) and JAE (Peterborough) .... if you had to choose one, which one would you go for???

Given the fact that my car looks faster than it goes I have little interest in 1/4 mile times other than idle curiosity which I must admit is outweighed by tales of 3 hr queues

Is there enough going on at JAE to fill a weekend???

The Vee
31-05-2006, 01:15 AM
JAE promises more entertainment this year than last. There will of course be plenty of cars on display to oggle. The nice thing about this one is that it is probably one of the more social events with camping and BBQ(think it's allowed) if you so wish.

bradc
31-05-2006, 02:58 AM
right, so are you EA1A or EA2A?

Wouter
31-05-2006, 07:33 AM
right, so are you EA1A or EA2A?

There is always one!! /pan

bradc
31-05-2006, 09:16 AM
Well, I'm EC5W-02 :)

Kieran
31-05-2006, 07:04 PM
Widows? What's your take on these car events? Do you enjoy them? Would you say the two day ones are enough to keep entertained?

Can't really comment on JAE - It's our 1st trip there this year, but we're looking forward to it!

Alex
31-05-2006, 07:04 PM
The more the merrier at all events - as a group of VR4 widows we are quite personable, and welcome all equally - whether they do do, or don't do, cars :2thumbsup

Paul Beazer
31-05-2006, 08:24 PM
Aaah how sweet, husband and wife replying at the same time....../Wyhy

Lillywotsername
31-05-2006, 08:40 PM
Done Santa Pod last year which was good...but really looking forward to JAE as it should be a cracking weekend. So long as there is plenty of BEER WINE and SCOFF I think all bases are covered:5shots: :5shots: :5shots: ....oooppps there are plenty of cars as well for you men

g6acb
31-05-2006, 08:45 PM
oooh BEER :5shots: ..> Sold!

Lillywotsername
31-05-2006, 08:46 PM
See you there then....Just keep the beer away from Barry:evilgrin:

WildCards
31-05-2006, 11:02 PM
Beer and plenty of scran is enough to peak my interest... cars aswell - billy bonus! Although I don't have a very big appetite :curtain:

Kieran
31-05-2006, 11:05 PM
....Although I don't have a very big appetite :curtain:

My fingers are scorched - I was holding my Bullsh!t-a-tron when I read that and it exploded!/pan