PDA

View Full Version : HKS DLI or DLI II???

valmes
31-05-2006, 06:27 PM
I can't find out if HKS DLI will work with our cars ignition (we have 3 coils for six cylinders EC5A/EC5W-6A13TT). Quite frankly I can't find what the difference is between HKS DLI and HKS DLI II...

Does anybody know the answer to this?

HKS Dealers in USA are of no help since they don't even know our cars exist... and I don't see any UK dealers listed on HKS site... so hope NZ members can help me out with this.

Can somebody in NZ contact those guys and ask if HKS DLI will work on our car and what are the differences between HKS DLI and HKS DLI II?

Here is one in NZ:

19 Industry Road
Penrose
Auckland
New Zealand.

Phone: (09) 526 5021
Fax: (09) 526 5029

Thanx in advance!

bradc
31-05-2006, 08:35 PM
Is that Redline performance Valmes? I highly doubt they will know, the first time I went there I was looking at air filters and stuff for my car, and the sales person there said "oooh, I've never seen the inside of one of these before"

Someone else might be better, but I dunno. Isn't the 3000GT similar, and wouldn't someone in the states know?

Spirit
31-05-2006, 10:54 PM
This is another instance where closer links with our Japanese friends would really help.

Maybe you could PM triggermauve Valmes to see if he can help out ? He kindly posted us some incredible info earlier :2thumbsup

Edit: I have now emailed him too, but as he registered in 2003 I'm not sure if it's still valid

bradc
31-05-2006, 11:32 PM
calling redline now

bradc
31-05-2006, 11:35 PM
ok, according to redline, hks don't list a vr-4 or 6a13, or even an fto and 6a12 combo, they list evo's and 3000gt's.

Apparently they need to be custom for each sort of car and the guy couldn't confirm if they would work on ours, even though they work with another 6 cylinder mitsi.

valmes
01-06-2006, 01:27 AM
Alright, if HKS doesn’t have answers... who does?

Will see what I can find out.

Thanx.

valmes
06-06-2006, 12:42 PM
Alright HKS DLI is no go.
We have igniters integrated into coils... same as with EVO5-9 guys, so obviously we will need HKS DLI II, but HKS says there is no plug and play harness for our cars... but that's ok, we can figure it out when we get our hands on it. ;)

bradc
06-06-2006, 08:33 PM
At least it should be easy to wire up, you'll only need to connect 3 wires, right?

BTW, what exactly is this going to help with, I've read the spec sheet on them, but I can't really imagine a huge increase in power with one of these.

valmes
07-06-2006, 02:31 AM
At least it should be easy to wire up, you'll only need to connect 3 wires, right?

BTW, what exactly is this going to help with, I've read the spec sheet on them, but I can't really imagine a huge increase in power with one of these.

Yoo will know when you need it.

If you are having problems with so called "spark blowout" (and you will probably have'em past some point when upping the boost on a stock ignition system), that thing will help you!

On stock gap 0,8 mm (platinums) I had blow out issues as early as 1 bar of boost. Now changed my plugs (to two steps colder) and regapped them at 0,7 mm, will see if this helps.

I think it’s best described in the link below – “This is the kind of modification that is like a fuel pump or pressure regulator, you really aren't aware you needed it, until you needed it..”

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=148375&page=1&pp=15

http://www.3si.org/forum/showthread.php?t=319914