PDA

View Full Version : Anyone debadged their VR4?

BraindG
24-04-2003, 12:51 AM
i have, just for more of the "wtf is that car" factor

Brind
24-04-2003, 12:56 AM
No but I'm sure some thieving little ****e will end up doing it for me.:io:

BraindG
24-04-2003, 01:00 AM
90% of the boy racers have no idea what the car is... the others played gran turismo 1 too much...

which, on a side note, is how i came about to buy it in the first place!

Brind
24-04-2003, 01:16 AM
The new shape with THE ARCHES ;) was in the second GT.

I haven't experianced it properly on the road yet, I can only drive it third party from another policy at the moment, but I can't wait to see how others react to it? such as the hated Vectra rep drivers :io: and BMW's etc that want to occupy the outside lane and try and sit on your bumper at whatever speed you're doing just to gain ONE car.

I bet it will be fun, as I was amazed by how many actually stop and stared at the car as if it had landed from a different planet!, mind you there isn't many normal Galants down here anyway letalone one that looks as good as these.:cool1:

Spirit
24-04-2003, 07:08 AM
It is nice that feeling isn't it ! People staring and not really knowing what they are looking at :cool1:

Pete

BraindG
24-04-2003, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Brind
I haven't experianced it properly on the road yet, I can only drive it third party from another policy at the moment, but I can't wait to see how others react to it? such as the hated Vectra rep drivers :io: and BMW's etc that want to occupy the outside lane and try and sit on your bumper at whatever speed you're doing just to gain ONE car.

I tend to not even bother letting anyone through anymore, unless the are going crazy speeds. The minute you let one of the bmw guys through for example, you find your self right back up behind them, and wishing you hadnt let them through..

im not the slowest driver in the world, and tend to get from A to B as fast as possible, yet safely. I never tailgate, under cut or bully other drivers. I wait for my time, pull up behind them when they are able to pull in and let me past etc..

but 10-1 im the one going flying down the outside lane :wiggle:

and roundabouts, well lol,thats the most fun you can get out of the vr4 in town/suburbua.

Roadrunner
24-04-2003, 09:33 AM
I ran a twin-turbo Subaru Legacy RS-B for several years before I traded it for the VR-4. I'm not an aggressive driver ;) - merely quite assertive :D - but I'm constantly amazed at how quickly people get out of my way on a motorway now. Never happened with the Legacy. I guess the VR-4 just looks more aggressive in the mirror :cool:

Brian

Ailsa
24-04-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by BraindG

lol! I love the WTF is that car factor! :cool1:

I love the looks you get from people when your out driving about, ranging from "waaahhhhh....." to "WTF is that" or "Eeeek...Scarey... Run....!":devil1:

Nick VR4
24-04-2003, 01:43 PM
Mine was debadged when I got it
I left them off for about 2 months and got a small scratch on the tailgate so superglued the VR4 badge on and put the front one on as well
I was getting a few dickheads thinking it was a normal Galant
and trying to beat me off roundabouts etc :rolleyes:

Yeap the look on peoples faces are classic
I overtook a Audi 6 last Friday on the M55 to Blackpool INSERT INTO post VALUES (gf lives near there) he just had to overtake me
His gf nearly broke her neck trying to look to see what the car was
I let him overtake me and then overtook him again at speed :nono:
I turned off the M55 at A585 he followed me
His gf was on her mobile I think she was phoneing a friend to see if anyone new wtf is a VR4;)

BraindG
24-04-2003, 01:54 PM
I drive along M55 everyday :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

watch out for a silver merc. E class, Y reg... hes a copper :io:

I might bump into you one of these days :D INSERT INTO post VALUES ( on the road)

Nick VR4
24-04-2003, 02:39 PM
Yeah saw your other post about a job nearer Manc

I'll have to keep an eye out for the Merc :eek:

Brind
24-04-2003, 09:45 PM
I drove and still have a Nissan S13 200SX although not a patch on the VR-4 for handling it is still pretty quick! but everyone would treat it as though it shouldn't be in front of them? stupid since it will still leave a lot of cars for dead.:cool1:

I raced one of the huge old Merc SEC's a year or so back, wasn't intentional but he made me you understand ;)
I would shoot off like a lunatic and slow down and wait for him to catch up and try and force me over and then I shot off again, it happened a few times and although no doubt he could cruise at high speeds he certainly couldn't get there as fast as me, at least he couldn't after we had finished or should I say he finished!:cool: the last time he tried to catch up he blew his engine and had to get off the motorway, there was masses of smoke.. :o

Oh and the 200 is very light at 140mph:nono: but alot of fun:cool1:

Spirit
25-04-2003, 12:40 AM
Your right about people moving over on the motorways - they just don't know what to make of it ! I had a burn with a scooby wrx a week or so after getting the VR-4. He tried to pull away on the slip road going onto the dual carriageway - so I let him have his fun. You can imagine him and his mate laughing thinking they had left me standing. After 20 seconds or so of keeping the same distance I just floored the VR-4 and blasted past them - you should have seen their faces !!!! I then let off the pace and let him go by again, this time he timidly drove past me and actually gave me the thumbs up - he knew he was beaten ! LOL

The only other car we had as much fun in was a Granada 2.8 Ghia about 8 years ago - it was black and people just thought it was an under cover cop car. Once we cottoned onto this we used to have fun by flashing our lights once or twice when coming up behind another car and the just moved right over there and then - and we would wave hello as we drove past....hahahahaha - great fun !

Roadrunner
25-04-2003, 10:58 AM
I used to have the same fun on motorways when I had a white Cavalier SRi which had a blueINSERT INTO post VALUES (!) sunroof wind deflector - imagine what that looked like in your mirror on a sunny day :D

sydkhan
19-09-2005, 03:25 PM
you bad bad ppl its fun to drive but certainly not fun to diss other ppl. just kidding im in it as well.

d3x
19-09-2005, 03:39 PM

hang on, don't you have massive vr4 graphics down the side of the car? all gone?

SGHOM
19-09-2005, 03:44 PM
hang on, don't you have massive vr4 graphics down the side of the car? all gone?
check the date of the posts !! /yes

ghanda
19-09-2005, 04:06 PM
Mine now has "1.8 GDI" on the back
:)

Kieran
19-09-2005, 05:42 PM
I've been tempted on more than one occasion to honour my first Galant and order a 'GLS' badge from the local dealership.... /Devil5

AllBeItMine
19-09-2005, 08:10 PM
i have had the badges off mine for about 2 years...

BraindG
19-09-2005, 08:16 PM
you dont see that when im heading off into the sun set /yes

kornstar
20-09-2005, 01:10 AM
are the just glued on or are they going to leave holes on the tailgate?

02Mitsu
20-09-2005, 03:19 AM
i will buy the badges if any one still has them

d3x
20-09-2005, 04:34 PM
you dont see that when im heading off into the sun set /yes

lol, do like the graphics though. Shame they didn't exist in grand turismo as an option...

ANTHONY
20-09-2005, 05:45 PM
i took mine off as well ....................looks much better and yes they are glued on

KiwiTT
20-09-2005, 10:13 PM
I will never take the VR-4 badge off. It like taking the M5 off a BMW 5 series. It just ain't your ordinary car.

Kieran
20-09-2005, 11:12 PM
I will never take the VR-4 badge off. It like taking the M5 off a BMW 5 series. It just ain't your ordinary car.

I like mine de-badged..... No one knows... Ariadne blends away - and only the foolish ever find out...... :evil2:

BraindG
21-09-2005, 08:30 AM
I like mine de-badged..... No one knows... Ariadne blends away - and only the foolish ever find out...... :evil2:
my thoughts also... <insert prolonged evil laugh here>

You See
21-09-2005, 09:10 AM
i have had the badges off mine for about 2 years...
Tho that front mount kinda gives it away... /Hmmm