PDA

View Full Version : Rhys' car

Rossco Type-S
05-06-2006, 01:27 AM
I can't believe that this still won't sell now that the reserve has been lowered.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=58897806&key=105341

bradc
05-06-2006, 05:19 AM
Someone had better buy it soon, it is a fantastic car

i3ooyah
06-06-2006, 12:27 AM
people crazily overprice there cars, the starting bid is low but the reserve is prolly around 18k. no offence to rhys but look at some of the top show cars on sale lately, selling around the 20k mark with more then that spent on mods.

-LegnumVR4-
25-06-2006, 08:38 PM
Thanks Don. As for the price it's spot on. Legnum VR4 here sell for that price and are in **** condition compared to mine with higher km's. They don't have Brembos, 19" alloys, carbon fibre bonnet, leather/momo etc or as flash engine bay. So i say its a bargin.

And the car isn't a show car as people think it is, I never set out to make it a show car like the others. I did the 'project' to learn how to build and fabricate parts for a car but happen to be good enough to win some awards.

Xeroid
26-06-2006, 10:44 AM
Hate to say it but the price on our cars has just plummeted due to running costs and demand has dropped like a rock. Local car yard used to all performance has switched to hatchbacks and diseasels ( No, I spelt it that way on purpose, those things are a disease ).

Reckon I'd be lucky to get half what I paid for mine in Nov 05 but I don't care, still brings a BIG smile to my face when I drive it...

-LegnumVR4-
26-06-2006, 08:33 PM
I'll still hold the price at 20k, a stock standard super Legnum VR4 sells here for 16k, if u added my 19" alloys to it u would be at the same price as mine. Only some people can see the value that the car offers.

i3ooyah
27-06-2006, 01:14 AM
Keep It :p

marmel31
27-06-2006, 01:41 AM
"a stock standard super Legnum VR4 sells here for 16k"

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:thinking:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Mitsubishi/auction-59469020.htm $9800

http://www.autotrader.co.nz/DesktopDefault.aspx?UsedCarID=1327969&TabID=5755&Alias=autotradernz $13,999

I think you would have no problem picking up a Super Vr-4 for under $10K like the one above but good luck with your sale, you would almost certainly have the nicest VR-4 in NZ and deserve to have someone pay a higher price but unfortunately you see it time and time again where someone has spent big dollars on a vehicle, this doesn't necessarily mean someone else will pay big dollars to buy it.

-LegnumVR4-
27-06-2006, 06:05 AM
Yeah some cheaper ones out there, depends again on condition. Nice getting a VR4 for a good price but for what reason, hard to compare the cars when u don't see them in the metal. Even at $14000 for a super mine still is a good price, trying to get a shop to match what fabrication/mods work has been done on mine and do it for the 20k mark would be hard pressed. It's a pity none of the members on here that have commented have seen the car in the metal, wish i could have brought it north to the shows but with a limited budget i have it wasn't happening. Put it along side a stock standard car and u can see why u would pay the extra, save the hassel of getting a shop to do it for u.

It's hard work to sell a car like this, forums can help but not all the time. So far it looks like I'm trying to rip people off with my 'over the top price'. I'm not trying to get my money back what i spent, just trying to sell it to someone that can appreciate the work.:happy:

marmel31
27-06-2006, 06:35 AM
If I win Big Wednesday tommorrow night I'll buy it.:happy:

-LegnumVR4-
27-06-2006, 06:39 AM
Fingers crossed then.:happy: