PDA

View Full Version : juddering box

matt mowbray
05-06-2006, 03:17 PM
Had the 40mph judder and a severe judder/banging when kicking down flat out.
The information i recieved from vr4 members was spot on ( wrong trans oil or contaminated oil).
The service I got from Don at performance oils was excellent, 36 hr delivery and a step by step guide on how to flush & change the oil ( piece of cake )
The car is now working perfectly, 1200 miles later.
Thanks to all who helped

I-S
05-06-2006, 03:44 PM
I think £20 has got to be worth it to join the club? You'd have got a discount on the oil too...

Wodjno
05-06-2006, 05:29 PM
I was having a discussion about the Judder on my car, earlier today. It's had id since i have had the car. Gearbox was rebuilt 2 and a half years ago. The gearbox has had Amsoil in it since Silverstone last year, but it still does it. Although the gearbox oil change left me with half a container of Amsoil let out of 2. This suggests that oil change was not complete and that it was not flushed out correctly. I have 2 and a half containers of Amsoil in my garage so may give it a go. If it don't work then i will try the approach to the problem from how I think the Juddering is happening.. :inquisiti

amsoil
06-06-2006, 12:53 AM
Thanks for the comments Matt, good to hear its solved your problems.
:2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

Had the 40mph judder and a severe judder/banging when kicking down flat out.
The information i recieved from vr4 members was spot on ( wrong trans oil or contaminated oil).
The service I got from Don at performance oils was excellent, 36 hr delivery and a step by step guide on how to flush & change the oil ( piece of cake )
The car is now working perfectly, 1200 miles later.
Thanks to all who helped