PDA

View Full Version : Comparison ....

Xeroid
06-06-2006, 09:27 AM
Got a chance to do a real comparison with the Leggy and VR4 coming up ...

Liz has organised a day with BMW Driver Training for her customers out at Pukekohe on June 19th, all paid up and ready to go with 14 drivers and 7 cars when the Marketing manager at BMW offered another car free for her and myself to have go. ( I'm going out to do pix anyway ).

So ... get a whole day with instructor ( and free lunch and stuff as well ) with handling and braking etc then chasing round the track with a possible chance to take one of the VR4's round during lunchtime.

BMW 330i to drive and a hotlap in an 'M' series ( model not specified ).:2thumbsup

Haven't told them I've driven rally cars, you think I should ...?? nah !!!
they'll find out when we hit the corners ....
Hope their brakes are up to it ...:evilgrin:

You See
06-06-2006, 09:32 AM
Should tell them you've never driven a manual before...but you're willing to give it a go! ...then let it rip around the track! ;)
Sounds like it'll be an awesome day, hope all goes well....make the most of them free tyres! :D

Haven't told them I've driven rally cars, you think I should ...?? nah !!!
they'll find out when we hit the corners ....
Hope their brakes are up to it ...:evilgrin:

bradc
06-06-2006, 09:50 AM
Sounds like you're going to have some fun, remember to take the camera

Xeroid
07-06-2006, 10:03 AM
Camera is going cos I'm doing the publicity shots for the company and might get a hook up with BMW, their marketing manager will be there. I'll get liz to shoot me as I rip past the pits into Castrol. Lets see if their traction control really does work. It's that hairpin at the end of the straight I want to investigate a bit, pray for rain.:evilgrin:

Xeroid
15-06-2006, 09:44 AM
Geez, life is tough ..!!

BMW rang today, ... yeah ,... would we mind doing them a favour ..

What's that .... ?

Could we pick up an extra BMW pace car on Sunday and take it out to Puke on Monday, would we mind .... ??
Drop it back Tuesday is OK ...

Ok, so I can get in a little practice driving out there, Liz is still taking the VR4 cos we might get it out onto the track at lunchtime ...

What a bumma eh ...? :2thumbsup /Steeringw :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

HAHAHAHAHAHAA /Steeringw :leer:

This is gonna be one hell long weekend ... :evil2: :evil2: :evil2:

You See
15-06-2006, 10:05 AM
Xeroid: It seems like there's just too much for an old bloke like yourself, here let me take some weight off your shoulders...How about you sit down, drink ya tea, and LET ME DO THE DRIVING!!!! :P

dickytim
15-06-2006, 10:06 AM
see if the BMW's will hold 80 on the hairpin, then nail it out, try the same thing in the VR4 and watch the grin grow :)

bradc
15-06-2006, 10:20 AM
sounds like you're going to have a lot of fun :D

Xeroid
17-06-2006, 04:54 AM
Xeroid: It seems like there's just too much for an old bloke like yourself, here let me take some weight off your shoulders...How about you sit down, drink ya tea, and LET ME DO THE DRIVING!!!! :P

Drink TEA !!! ya big wooser !! If it ain't got a smidgin of fermented grape, barley or hops in it keep it away from me.

Sunday BMW is off, one of their sales guys is taking it out now, he got a sniff that the drivers Liz is bringing along are all rich and potential customers so he's making the effort.
Nevermind, just have to throw the VR4 round the track instead ..... ( better tyres than the Leggy )
See if I can get over the 80 through the hairpin ... let ya know how it goes... :pimp2: