PDA

View Full Version : plug and play ecu

Paul C
09-06-2006, 11:31 AM
Is it possible to get plug and play ecu/emu.I have been phoning around for prices of systems and no one can give a straight answer over the phone. Then they say they willring back and thats the last of that.Can anyone compile a list of compatble products with model numbers.I know this a bit much to ask but the people i've spoke too dont have a clue.Thanks Paul c

bradc
09-06-2006, 11:38 AM
There aren't any plug and play options for our cars. The simplest you can hope for is a Unichip, Emanage, or possibly an Apexi AVC-R + AFC combo, all of which have to be tuned by an expert.

SUPAFLEA GUY
09-06-2006, 03:33 PM
recently saw advert for haltech in jap performance i think. am tempted myself just not right now.

valmes
10-06-2006, 03:31 AM
There aren't any plug and play options for our cars. The simplest you can hope for is a Unichip, Emanage, or possibly an Apexi AVC-R + AFC combo, all of which have to be tuned by an expert.

Wrong...

There are KS-ROM, Bozzspeed, Mines, Oriental, PROSEng. all these companies make plug and play ECUs... or to be correct re-map stock ECUs. Changing fuel and ignition maps, removing fuel cuts (boost cut), rising revlimiter and taking out speed limiter.

The only problem with plug&play(as you call them) is they are not adjustable past what is already in them.

So if your plan is to get additional 30 hp, not mess with a car and never go higher (HP wise) get yourself some of those. In case your plans are to slowly mod your car getting more out of it - get piggyback.

bradc
10-06-2006, 06:19 AM
I have heard of those, but I thought they were all piggy back ecu's rather than plug and play - thanks for clearing that up, unfortunately we can't get any of those at all.

valmes
10-06-2006, 07:42 AM
I have heard of those, but I thought they were all piggy back ecu's rather than plug and play - thanks for clearing that up, unfortunately we can't get any of those at all.

You can get them directly from those companies or from yahoo auctions - Japan.