PDA

View Full Version : Possible remap

Paul C
09-06-2006, 11:39 AM
Just spoke to a guy from chippedukandhe tells me that he can remap the vr4 to +30bhp.I thought it wasn't possible. Only charging £225 as well.He remapped my bmw for £125 a couple of years ago and that was spot on.He gave ecu number md 184 827 and another on but cant remember what it was.

bradc
09-06-2006, 11:43 AM
Sounds tempting, I wonder how he is going to chip it though, you would almost be able to get an Apexi AFC for that price, and I think that removing all the extra fuel these cars run would nearly give you 30hp :)

Ask him what he is going to use, or how he is going to do it, I'm sure many would be interested to know.

Paul C
09-06-2006, 06:28 PM
Booked in 17th june for remap, also going on rolling road and also going to have alook at abs light situation that i have created (probably dodgy earth).So hopefully the day wont be a great loss if he cant remap it. The remap system that he is using is supposed to be the only one in this country where by he takes the ecu of the car hooks it up, does whatever then straight back on the car.I will post the results success or not.

Funkstar
09-06-2006, 06:37 PM
Sounds very interesting that Paul. Deffo let us know how you get on.

Just looking on http://www.chippeduk.com/ and seems to be a place in Chester too. Nice and local for me :2thumbsup

Paul C
09-06-2006, 06:48 PM
(above) thats the one

bradc
09-06-2006, 09:19 PM
Try and a get a dyno graph before and after, to show the actual gains you get, I would tend to be a little wary.