PDA

View Full Version : Smashed drunk driver

SHOWVR
09-06-2006, 02:08 PM
Last queens birhday weekend was all planned out for me!!! Was gonna spend so QT with my 2 little ones but that all changed Friday night! Driving along swanson rd out west around 11pm after some youth work. As I entered Universal rd i could hear some dude screeching around the corner. He enters Universal and man, this guy was nuts!!! he was all up in my ass with his brights on, all over the rd. I wasnt gonna let him get infront as I was already pissed off at his stupid antics. So im driving at about 60km and hes getting closer & closer, still all over the rd - then all of sudden , Bang!!! instead of trying to overtake me he UNDERCUTS me. In the process he takes a bit of the front right guard with him and pushes me onto the island of grass. So I chase him up universal and when he sees me catching up he slows down and lets me pass. Im slowing down getting ready to stop and then BOOM!! HES DRIVEN UP MY ASS!!! Im thinking " Im gonna kill this guy!" So i stop right in the middle of the rd. Hes stopped too, he sees me approach & hes outa his car now. " What the f### are you doing!!!" and with out one word he takes a swing at me! Im thinking yes! You took the first swing so its all on. I hooked him right on the kisser and he flops on to the other side of the rd, at this point a car is coming down so I quickly save his ass from getting run over! he gets up and attempts to swing again so I evade his free style swings and punch him again. This time Ive got his blood and spew all over my shirt and hands. I pulll his shirt over his head and pull him to the ground. I ask him where hes from, what is he,im thinking I can get him to calm down br relating to him some how. That dont work, he comes up to me and grabs my shirt, whilst trying to push him away he scratches me along my chest and arms. I knee him in the nuts and give him a good uppercut! hes lying on the rd now so I go to get my phone to call the cops, then all of sudden I hear him kicking the rear panels of my car!!! I chase him around the car and say to him "I gona call the cops" and hes taken off down the rd or so I thought he had!! At this point Im standing inside my drivers side door trying to reach for the phone and then i hear this guys car rev up, Im thinking is this guy gonna do what I think hes gonna do?? And yes he does, he comes straight at me!! trys to run me over!!!! he drives along the the right side, hits the rear right panel and comes straight for me, I dive in the car and i swear he misses me by an inch!!! he takes the door with him and part of the guard!! F### this guys crazy!! and hes taken off!!! They catch him on Lincoln, hes driving on his rims!! hes 3 x over the legal limit and hes got no shirt on, missing teeth and a broken draw. He was driving an old school toyota corrolla hatch back, dark coloured, Rego: PN4532 ( I think ) All morning im giving a statement at Hnderson station. Hes charged with assault with a deadly weapon and a whole lot of other things!! So now im left with a bunged up VR and a few scrathes.Trying to remain positive about it soive decided to take this oppurtunity to do some exterior mods now, and hes gonna pay for it all!! Pretty pissed but glad im still alive and not injured. The scariest thing, I almost took my kids with me that night, If that happened when they were there, then i would have......... yeah, dont wanna go there.

GroundControl
09-06-2006, 03:35 PM
:speechles

wow :o

Funkstar
09-06-2006, 06:15 PM
Wow. What a f***ing fool. Glad your ok man.

richy rich
09-06-2006, 06:30 PM
for f*ck sake, glad you are OK, and also glad you gave him some thing to remind him of you.

Nick VR4
09-06-2006, 06:39 PM
Shiiiiit thats bad glad your ok the car can be repaired

Hope they lock him up

When I was going to Las Vegas a lot there was rumors that Drunk Drivers would have a mark on there Number Plate to tell you and police that a convited drunk drive was in the car dunno if it happened or not

Spirit
09-06-2006, 06:40 PM
Jesus what a scarey tale, glad you're ok mate and hope he gets banged up for a very long time !

Paul Beazer
09-06-2006, 09:12 PM
'kin hell!

bradc
09-06-2006, 09:18 PM
Wow what a story. Hope your car gets all sorted out and he pays for the lot. Hopefully you'll recover fairly quickly too.

Out of curiosity, do you have any pics?

Lillywotsername
10-06-2006, 08:28 AM
Really pleased you are ok mate.... Like it has been said already " the car can be fixed" but a human life is precious. Good on you for giving the other guy a good pasteing just a shame he was too p!ssed to feel it at the time, but be rest assured when the alcahol wore off it would have hurt BIG STYLE!!!!! HAHA

Xeroid
10-06-2006, 10:40 PM
Geez, glad to hear you're all right but that has to be one of the scariest scenarios I've heard of for a while. I was beginning to think he was racked on 'P' the way the story was going.
Don't want to give bad vibes on this but his insurance probably won't want to know if he was in that state. Hopefully that will fall upon your insuarnce to sort out and they will see you right first.
But as has been said, you're alive, you're ok, you can always get the car fixed. Take care ...

bradc
11-06-2006, 02:11 AM
I would say that if he was on drugs or booze then his insurance company won't want to know at all either, you might be best to contact a lawyer if the guy turns out to be a dick when he is sober

maori_by_nature
11-06-2006, 04:31 AM
**** bro that's messed up... 1 thing 2 remember is dont hold your breath on him pay'n 4 all the damage up front even when the court's order him to he might say he cant afford 2 pay and might end up pay'n u $20 a week.... cause thats wat my old flat mate is doing 2 me he's got baycorp chase'n him 4 alot of thing's and there getting 40 a week off him

detonate
11-06-2006, 06:57 AM
**** bro that's messed up... 1 thing 2 remember is dont hold your breath on him pay'n 4 all the damage up front even when the court's order him to he might say he cant afford 2 pay and might end up pay'n u $20 a week.... cause thats wat my old flat mate is doing 2 me he's got baycorp chase'n him 4 alot of thing's and there getting 40 a week off him

In that case your insurance would usually pay you out in full and then he'd be paying the insurance company $40/week

That is if you had full insurance.

maori_by_nature
11-06-2006, 09:03 AM
In that case your insurance would usually pay you out in full and then he'd be paying the insurance company $40/week

That is if you had full insurance.
2 witch you loose your no claim's bouns..

Xeroid
11-06-2006, 11:03 AM
Better than losing ya life as that loser has done .....

SHOWVR
11-06-2006, 09:11 PM
Better than losing ya life as that loser has done .....
Thanks for the support guys!! Still awaiting a decision from the courts. Apparently he went in on Tuesday last week and gave a no plea!!!! Whats up with that??? Cops have all the evidence and their was a witness too. There gonna issue his laywer with all of it and make plead guilty!! As for insurance its looking a little glum at the mo. Their are alot of factors that come into play and the insurance company are also awaiting the police report.

Alex
11-06-2006, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the support guys!! Still awaiting a decision from the courts. Apparently he went in on Tuesday last week and gave a no plea!!!! Whats up with that??? Cops have all the evidence and their was a witness too. There gonna issue his laywer with all of it and make plead guilty!! As for insurance its looking a little glum at the mo. Their are alot of factors that come into play and the insurance company are also awaiting the police report.

Not sure about New Zealand law, but if that was in a British court that would indicate that there might be a basis of plea (i.e agrees to plead guilty to a lesser charge), or he wants it to be heard in a higher court where it would be viewed less seriously against other cases heard there. It stinks for the victim, but the law allows it because it prevents the expense of trials. Hope it gets sorted satisfactorily for you though, and soon /grouphug

OSiRiS
12-06-2006, 12:49 AM
Hey on the upside that's a pretty kool story to tell your grandchildren!

Kenneth
12-06-2006, 09:01 AM
Hey on the upside that's a pretty kool story to tell your grandchildren!

You high too? :inquisiti

Muppsy
12-06-2006, 09:31 AM
What a complete idiot. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was more than alcohol. That sounds like a P sprint to me./Grrr

As for insurance, your company has to wait for the conviction outcome no matter what. Sounds like a formality to me, but you should find yourself getting paid out by your company and their legal team handles the battle with this nutter. That's what they're there for and you shouldn't lose your no claims either.

Like someone already said, don't hold your breath for him to give you anything. I've seen these sort of pricks do this all the time and they hardley ever pay out anything worth while. It's pretty obvious the type of respect for other people this guy has considering he's not remorsful enough to plead guilty to something so obvious when he's sober. I think you'll find that by the end of this he's going to dig himself a bigger hole than he's already in. Wasting court and police time usually results in heftier penalties and sometimes extra charges, but that's up to the cops. Did the cops ask if you wanted to press charges? You could get 500 bucks for assault if the cops agreed.

I hope everything goes sweet with the insurance mate. For now, I would be happy that you were the one to give the pratt exactly what he deserved.

How old was he anyway?

On ya mate:2thumbsup

You See
12-06-2006, 09:46 AM
/haz

SHOWVR
13-06-2006, 01:24 AM
What a complete idiot. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was more than alcohol. That sounds like a P sprint to me./Grrr

As for insurance, your company has to wait for the conviction outcome no matter what. Sounds like a formality to me, but you should find yourself getting paid out by your company and their legal team handles the battle with this nutter. That's what they're there for and you shouldn't lose your no claims either.

Like someone already said, don't hold your breath for him to give you anything. I've seen these sort of pricks do this all the time and they hardley ever pay out anything worth while. It's pretty obvious the type of respect for other people this guy has considering he's not remorsful enough to plead guilty to something so obvious when he's sober. I think you'll find that by the end of this he's going to dig himself a bigger hole than he's already in. Wasting court and police time usually results in heftier penalties and sometimes extra charges, but that's up to the cops. Did the cops ask if you wanted to press charges? You could get 500 bucks for assault if the cops agreed.

I hope everything goes sweet with the insurance mate. For now, I would be happy that you were the one to give the pratt exactly what he deserved.

How old was he anyway?

On ya mate:2thumbsup

Thanks bud! The support from everyone has been awesome!

he was in his late 20's or early 30's. Around 6" 1 or 2. Pretty solid as well, I was expecting alot more out of him because he looked like a that kind of guy.
He was all over the place , swinging like a mad man!! I brought the car home from my uncles last night ( his place was down the rd from the accident). Turns I have too flat tyres aswell! Car is going to Exclusive panel and paint or westside panel ( Dr bob.) Sourcing a new front bumper to go with the side skirts and rear I already have to put oo her. Some people give up after things like this occur, but if anything it has motivated me to go that extra step.

So..... im after a right side drivers door,right side frnt guard. Anyone out there selling??

Thanks again peeps!!!

Muppsy
13-06-2006, 03:37 AM
What color? I got the door, but Kenneth has got first dibs. He was going to come around last weekend to try it out to see if it matches, but I got smashed on Friday and slept though his call. Sorry Kenneth. :5shots:

Mine's a pearl white jobbie. Sorry no guards but got a few other bits if you find yourself in the need.

SHOWVR
13-06-2006, 04:20 AM
What color? I got the door, but Kenneth has got first dibs. He was going to come around last weekend to try it out to see if it matches, but I got smashed on Friday and slept though his call. Sorry Kenneth. :5shots:

Mine's a pearl white jobbie. Sorry no guards but got a few other bits if you find yourself in the need.

Will it fit a 99 face lift? Is there any difference. Dont mind the colour gonna do respray anyway. Will latter parts fir facelift models? How much is Kenny taking it for?

detonate
13-06-2006, 07:30 AM
2 witch you loose your no claim's bouns..

Wow, in that entire sentence you got 3 words correct.
4 if you include the "2".

And no you don't lose it on anything that isn't your fault.

Unless the insurance company is really lame, and/or trying to get away with as much as they can.

Muppsy
13-06-2006, 08:23 AM
Unless the insurance company is really lame, and/or trying to get away with as much as they can.

Er, that would be all of them wouldn't it? :rifle:

Na mines pre-facelift anyway mate. Sorry.