PDA

View Full Version : Beep beep

enigma
21-10-2003, 07:33 AM
So I get up at 6:15, go through the ritual of checking my mail, get ready for work and step outside in to the freezing cold. The car has a thin layer of frost that is soon blown away with the remnants of last years deicer. Get her fired up and wait a minute or two for some heat to clear the windscreen INSERT INTO post VALUES (bet the neighbors love the sound of my exhaust at 6:30!). Once I can see enough to drive I set off down the road as every other day, this time though after about 2 miles I hear this faint beeping noise from inside the car, barely audible over Scott Mills ranting about his trainers. Panic sets in and I slow down INSERT INTO post VALUES (from 30!) and look all around......hmmm thats strange, my heater unit has switched to outside temperature, never done that before..............and my isn't it cold outside. Several seconds pass and then :idea: the penny dropped. I was being warned that it was cold outside to the point of the roads freezing. How cool! :cool1: Just thought I would share this story with you as it excited me! :nono:

BraindG
21-10-2003, 07:43 AM
yeah!.. i wondered for a long time what the hell that noise was.. then it clicked..
if you look at the wee heater/fan screen.. it swapes over to 0 degrees when it bleeps.. then goes back to what ever it was on before it bleeped..

and yes.. how cool :D INSERT INTO post VALUES (literally)

SGHOM
21-10-2003, 03:04 PM
makes mental note .................... get up earlier tomorrow !! :cool1: :cool1:

Roadrunner
21-10-2003, 03:39 PM
It's snowing here :)

BraindG
21-10-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by H.7
It's snowing here :)

:eek:

/runs to petrol station to get antifreeze

Spirit
21-10-2003, 08:05 PM
That sounds really cool - literally as you say:D

lisa
21-10-2003, 08:10 PM
I got so excited the first time I experienced that too !!!

Oh how sad are we !

Nick Mann
21-10-2003, 08:13 PM
Not had it happen in the VR4 yet, but it used to happen regularly in the V6-24. It tells you when the temp gets down to 3 deg, or as you start the car if it is colder. The thing gets annoying when the temp is hovering around 3 deg, 'cause it keeps beeping as the temp rises and falls!

Can't help feeling it would be more useful if it was wired to something else. The turbo's spinning too slowly perhaps? :D

Kieran
22-10-2003, 12:21 AM
Bah! The only indication I get from my GLS that it's about freezing is an icy windscreen and a slight tappet tick for about 5 seconds when it's started!

Beeps?! Pah!:D

Brind
22-10-2003, 12:34 AM
BEEP BEEP
VROOMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Nick Mann
22-10-2003, 07:02 PM
LOL!

:biglaugh:

Japmetal
24-10-2003, 12:10 AM
I already have the perfect early-warning system; My brother gets up 30 minutes earlier than usual & trundles outside to grit the drive [we live on quite a steep hill] only to watch me wander out to the car at my usual time, clamber in, then sail past him before he even starts :D

It's only actually happened once, but he reckoned even after 20 minutes' hard gritting he still had trouble gtting out the drive ! Who cares about little buzzers; it's the 4WD that really kicks ass !! :D

OK, I admit it, I feel left out now :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

*goess off to fit a buzzer he can press occasionally when the weather gets cold*