PDA

View Full Version : Intercooler pipes on ebay

ritch_w
12-06-2006, 10:14 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Universal-8-Pipe-64MM-Intercooler-Turbo-Piping-Kit_W0QQitemZ8073451003QQcategoryZ72205QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

are these any use to us?

Kieran
12-06-2006, 10:34 PM
Seen them before. Thing is, it doesn't look like there are any ridges on the ends of the pipes - so hoses are likely to blow off....

Wodjno
12-06-2006, 11:20 PM
Seen them before. Thing is, it doesn't look like there are any ridges on the ends of the pipes - so hoses are likely to blow off....

Those pipes aren't a problem with being blown off.

All you have to do is as i have and make a series of 3 or so grooves around the circumference of the end of the pipe. This is easily done with the help of a small angle grinder held steady in a vice or bench type vice. Then all you need to do is turn the pipes through 360 degrees while against the blade of the grinder to put groove into the pipes.. :2thumbsup
To do this, only takes around 2 mins a pipe if your doing it neatly.. :happy:

Kenneth
12-06-2006, 11:34 PM
Those pipes aren't a problem with being blown off.

All you have to do is as i have and make a series of 3 or so grooves around the circumference of the end of the pipe. This is easily done with the help of a small angle grinder held steady in a vice or bench type vice. Then all you need to do is turn the pipes through 360 degrees while against the blade of the grinder to put groove into the pipes.. :2thumbsup
To do this, only takes around 2 mins a pipe if your doing it neatly.. :happy:

Another way is how my step father did mine...

Get a scrap bit of metal bar, a hammer and something to clamp or firmly hold the pipe. put the metal bar on the lip of the inside edge of the pipe and smack firmly with the hammer. As a result you will get indentations on the outer lip, looks a bit like __/----\__/----\__ around the pipe. Each indentation was probably about 10mm long. doesn't have to be deep, just has to turn up part of the pipe.

Takes a couple of mins also and works well.

2 ways to do the same thing, take your pick really :)

Wodjno
12-06-2006, 11:46 PM
Another way is how my step father did mine...

Get a scrap bit of metal bar, a hammer and something to clamp or firmly hold the pipe. put the metal bar on the lip of the inside edge of the pipe and smack firmly with the hammer. As a result you will get indentations on the outer lip, looks a bit like __/----\__/----\__ around the pipe. Each indentation was probably about 10mm long. doesn't have to be deep, just has to turn up part of the pipe.

Takes a couple of mins also and works well.

2 ways to do the same thing, take your pick really :)

:2thumbsup

ritch_w
13-06-2006, 08:15 AM
so these pipes with a bit of fiddling would be worthwhile for the vr4?

does anyone know the dimensions / lengths of pipes needed for the VR4?