PDA

View Full Version : Boost controllers?

patdog
13-06-2006, 11:19 AM
I am looking into buying a boost controller for my legnum, I was wondering whats the best one to get? Ive been recomended to get an electronic one, Ive been looking at the Gizzmo (ibc) intelligent boost controller, is this any good?

bradc
13-06-2006, 12:43 PM
The electronic ones are better than the manual ones, they allow you to set the boost more accurately, and let you tune out boost peaks a bit better too.

I like the Apexi AVC-R myself, it lets you have differant boost in each gear, and multiple boost curves that you can flick between on the fly. The Gizzmo ones are good too.

patdog
14-06-2006, 10:27 AM
Would you recomend the Gizzmo ibc its probably the best priced one for me..(my finances are a bit tight). Is this model any good, are there any known problems with them?

mpau009
14-06-2006, 11:03 AM
:2thumbsup Iv got the Gizzmo IBC, they work fine, you can see my Dyno data from two runs in my CVR4cars thing, it certainly controls the boost levels very well, definately builds a bit quicker, with not much in the way of spiking.

The IBC is a bit better than some electronic ones, because it gives you 4 programable settings, not just high and low.

The main thing that the IBC doesnt have compared to the more expensive ones is the ability to adjust boost levels according to gears and/or revs. I know some will let you set a lower boost to get of the line quicker, and increase it as you go etc, so it depends if you think you'll need those options or not.

The only problem i had was the vaccum/boost line that they gave to run the controller into the cabin was too short, but $10 from repco and that was that.

Muppsy
14-06-2006, 12:13 PM
I've heard a few people say that the AVC-R is a bit prone to spiking on TT cars.

patdog
14-06-2006, 10:37 PM
My legnum is tiptronic so what boost controller would be best for that?

Springie
18-06-2006, 11:08 PM
The Gizzmo will be sweet, i got one and work perfectly. Be aware that a NEW IBC will be out soon, so you may a) get the current one for even cheaper or b) get the new one if you feel the need.

Oh and get some extra hose and wire if you get the Gizzmo cause they dont get you enough.