PDA

View Full Version : Suspension brace front Lower and Rear

Davezj
13-06-2006, 10:25 PM
Is this a good mod for the suspension.
The front lower brace goes between the lower wishbone mounting points under the engine and sump i think, and the rear goes between the top of the shock turret. rear is nice and easy to remove if you need to put loads of stuff in the boot.

let me know what you think.

The Vee
13-06-2006, 11:13 PM
Not sure about the front one. I can see the advantages of it in theory, but I got one for mine and found that the ground clearance would be far too low. (mine is lowered by about 35mm) Can't help but feel it could do some nasty distorting if caught on something solid.

Kieran
13-06-2006, 11:16 PM
Can't help but feel it could do some nasty distorting if caught on something solid.

Ariadne used to have one fitted when Nick had her. He removed it because it had caught on a speed hump and bent. It didn't appear to habe pulled the mountings around though.

One day I'll order another and refit it.

Davezj
13-06-2006, 11:19 PM
yeh i did consider that as mine sits 4.5 inches of the road at the moment, but i am going to put original springs back on for the wifes comfort factor. mine is very hard ride at the moment and servicing is difficult. we have massive speed bumps in manchester. i am sure they were design in cm and made in inches. what about the rear. they don't cost much so i might buy both just to play. about £40 each

jerryd_33
19-06-2006, 01:06 AM
Hi M8,
Could you PLEASE put up a link for these as I too am interested?

Many thanks.
Gerald.

Axeboy
19-06-2006, 01:20 PM
I got a JIC lower front bar from Takakaira

Davezj
13-07-2006, 11:55 PM
hi all sorry to take so long,
rear brace £45 and front lower brace £32
these get relisted all the time if they are not availabe when you check.
seach Ebay on "Galant Brace".
They get listed as 97 - 03 galants but the seller asured me it would fit.
I have ordered the rear one so i will let you all know if it is ok.
I have a Very late 96 legnum VR4.

dave

Davezj
17-09-2006, 11:37 PM
got it fitted it.
Things feel a bit tighter at the back end, but it's not exactly a thick bit of aluminum.
I did have a problem with the order, the wrong bar was sent with the turret mounts and was about 4 short. I got back to the guy and he could not have been more helpful and sent the correct one very quickly.
got mine from here. and very happy with it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mitsubishi-GALANT-REAR-Strut-Bar-L-K_W0QQitemZ200027949213QQihZ010QQcategoryZ40192QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers Dave

n13l pm
18-09-2006, 12:47 AM
Hi, how long did it take to receive your strut from this seller? did it come from within the UK or else where?

caishanvr4
18-09-2006, 01:02 AM
got it fitted it.
Things feel a bit tighter at the back end, but it's not exactly a thick bit of aluminum.
I did have a problem with the order, the wrong bar was sent with the turret mounts and was about 4 short. I got back to the guy and he could not have been more helpful and sent the correct one very quickly.
got mine from here. and very happy with it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mitsubishi-GALANT-REAR-Strut-Bar-L-K_W0QQitemZ200027949213QQihZ010QQcategoryZ40192QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers Dave

I wouldn't have thought you guys with your AYC type S would need any more help for handling, unlike myself with and a few others with a type V /Hmmm

Davezj
19-09-2006, 01:26 PM
the seller was UK based but it was shipped from far east somewhere.

Davezj
19-09-2006, 01:32 PM
I didn't think it would make any difference, i only bought it because it was cheap and i alway like to test my theory on stuff. this time i was wrong it does make it fell tighter at the rear.
a by product of fitting the brace was, I have a loud squeak/cherp from the back somewhere continously when going over any remotly rough tarmac, after brace was fitted the noise was greatly reduced. however i still want to get rid of the squeak any ideas.

ANTHONY
19-09-2006, 05:05 PM
however i still want to get rid of the squeak any ideas.get a cat

Kieran
19-09-2006, 10:34 PM
...a by product of fitting the brace was, I have a loud squeak/cherp from the back somewhere continously when going over any remotly rough tarmac, after brace was fitted the noise was greatly reduced. however i still want to get rid of the squeak any ideas.

Well, on the assumption that the rear brace has stopped something moving as much at the back, my suspicion would turn towards the strut top bushings or the bottom bushing where the shock attaches to the hub carrier. The strut top bushings do squeak as they wear out.

Davezj
20-09-2006, 01:27 PM
nice one, i will see if i can get someone to drive whilst i listen.
It has reduced to squeak not got rid.
cheers
dave

Paul Beazer
20-09-2006, 01:52 PM
Slight deviation from the main topic. But i've been under mine a few times now and it seems to be pretty low off the ground compared to other cars i've had / abused in the past. I presume this is one of the reasons why are cars handle pretty well, due to the lower C of G?