PDA

View Full Version : hELP BUYING A VR4

YATES
15-06-2006, 06:38 PM
Hi guys, im new to the site and i need some advise for what to look out for when buying a triptronic vr4. Am i being naive in thinking these cars are going to be reliable and reasonable to run? The reason being is that i am selling my gt4 st205 for something a little more worry free, practicle and slightly newer.
Any info would be appreciated. thanks :happy:

Kieran
15-06-2006, 06:44 PM
Welcome!

A good start is the buyer's guide - Click 'Resources' at the top and you'll see it.:book: :scholar:

Brunty
15-06-2006, 06:59 PM
/Welcome2

Am i being naive in thinking these cars are going to be reliable and reasonable to run?

Reliable - yup, there are known issues, but these are not as daunting as they used to be.

Reasonable - as a car no; as a performance car yup (IMHO).

Plenty of good stuff on the forum to trawl through - enjoy!

Nick Mann
15-06-2006, 07:29 PM
What they said!!

The unmodified cars have a couple of known issues, often now with the ability through this club of sorting them easily and cheaply. Heavily modified cars can be a little more awkward. Trust me, I know!!

MPBVr4
15-06-2006, 08:54 PM
/Welcome2

What you looking for Legnum or Saloon, age, etc. There are few around at the
moment on here and autotrader. The one's on here are "known" so a good place to start.:2thumbsup

YATES
16-06-2006, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. Im not sure whether to go for a saloon or the Legnum yet, they are both gorgeous!!! My only real worry is the gearbox problems a few/lot of them seem to suffer from. I imagine this is very expensive! I do promise to research alot more over the weekend. From looking round there are a few nice looking vr4s in the region of 4 to 5 grand! This seems abit good to be true! is it?

Thanks again.

adam_shaw
16-06-2006, 04:56 PM
As someone trying to sell one, no I don't think so...

The fact these cars are relatively unknown seems to make them hard to sell on. Definitely a buyers market.

Check out the For Sale section.

A