PDA

View Full Version : venomboy's saturday

venomboy
17-06-2006, 10:31 AM
Ok box boiled in Scarborough last weekend. Has anyone noticed that when you're stuck in traffic in 90 degree heat the air con stops working? Useful that. Anyway slips when going into 3rd and 5th so oil change time. Oil purchased (thanks Amsoil) and picked up from ANC depot 8:30 this morning straight into B&Q for pipes, (promise of imminent ice cream keeps 3 year old quiet. (wife still asleep at home!)) 8mm plastic ok but first problem 8mm copper only sold in 5m reels for £21.00! can't afford that so leave B&Q sans copper pipe. Perhaps biro tube would fit? Second problem, when checking box to make sure plastic hose correct size, come to sudden realisation that blythe assumption that all facelift models will have no filter on their trans is WRONG! BU*&ER will have to ring local mitzis to see if they have one if not, sod it, after all later boxes don't even have one.(if that last statement worries anyone unduly please do write and tell me before I Bu&^er up my gearbox) thanks.
Will update as day goes on. Better than the footy this, will he finish in time? is it going to go tits up again for the plucky Englishman? Stay tuned.
VB

Physician
17-06-2006, 10:54 AM
Better than the footy this, will he finish in time? is it going to go tits up again for the plucky Englishman? Stay tuned.
VB

Surely you're talking about Big Brother and not football :oops:

venomboy
17-06-2006, 02:40 PM
No luck with A/T filter so sod it will do without. ok have found suitable pipe in pet shop! (mouse water dispenser 85p) have dismantled tube from dispenser. Can't find any trans flush locally so will have to sluice some Dex3 down the dipstick hole and hope that gets the worst out.( always remember the 6p's; Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.)
Have located pipes and is ready to go! more soon.
VB

venomboy
17-06-2006, 05:11 PM
It's done! The job went well now to test the results. Did the the MAF as well so lets hope all well back soon.
VB

venomboy
17-06-2006, 06:21 PM
And the results are coming in, Is this the Plucky British Lad (TM) coming in Now Barry? And not a moment to soon as the officials are going home for their tea, yes it's another magnificent 54th for Britain!
Yep, exactly the same as before, there's a hundred quid and an afternoon I won't see again. Well lets hope the magic box sorts itself out because that's the last penny I'm spending on it, it can bloody die. Pissed off?me?
Thanks for listening.
VB

Kieran
18-06-2006, 12:43 PM
Oh dear.... Hope it sorts itself out VB!

When you say 'box boiled', what exactly happened?

venomboy
18-06-2006, 04:59 PM
oops

venomboy
18-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Thanks K, when I say box boiled nothing really happened on sunday, we were stuck in traffic, cars brewed up by the side of the road. Air con gave up the ghost because underbonnet heat too great to clear with no airflow. As I say nothing noticeable with gearbox then. but Tuesday left lights on due to torrential downpour, so flat battery, took battery out as car was on street , to charge overnight, when I put it back in ecu had reset and it was changing very strangely. That's when I noticed revs rising when changing into third and fith, unless you were very nuetral with the throttle. Hoped it was the ecu resetting itself but by saturday it was still doing it, so did oil change. For no bloody result whatsoever. So I'm going to ignore it now till the AA get the call to relay me back home.
As I said, pissed? Me?
VB

adam_shaw
18-06-2006, 05:08 PM
It can take a LOT of miles to re-learn.... (I always found after a re-set the box would change strange for at least a week of normal driving - that could be 200 miles)

I 'believe' you can speed up the process by doing some 'tip changes at very neutral points...

i.e

1 upto 10
2 upto 20
3 etc...

This comes from my Mitsi (Germany) dealer who did this for me many times...

Always felt better after this (though it could be a placebo effect, seeing the re-assuring red diamonds at a dealer)

Hope it sorts itself, and you get back to enjoying it :happy:

A

richy rich
18-06-2006, 05:23 PM
as said above the ecu reset will take about 200 miles to settle 100%

and the symptoms you describe are that of ecu reset just be patient with it.

ritch_w
18-06-2006, 07:30 PM
i had the same after reset last week - revving and slipping into 3rd, its taken nearly 300miles to sort its self out.

what did u do to the MAF?

andy43
18-06-2006, 09:29 PM
Mine went a bit funny after a powerdown as well - mostly on light throttle changes it'd slip slightly - fine within a few days, but who knows, if it wasn't for CVR4 knowledge, the gearbox could have been pulled to bits trying to find a problem that didn't exist :2thumbsup CVR4 :iloveyou: