PDA

View Full Version : Remap Feedback

Paul C
17-06-2006, 05:18 PM
After a 210 mile drive to bromsgrove,i have to say the outcome was good but also bad. Stuck the vr4 on the rollers and she only knocked out 227bhp:sad3:.There is acouple of faults that require fixing so the ecu seems to be in limp mode. On a plus note it is possible to upload the map via the diagnostic port give it a little tweak and down load it again.

After about 1hr 30mins on the rollers the car was running at 260bhp which is a bit disappointing,but there is a few problems that need resolving. There is a fault with abs and good old tcl and the sparkplugs and airfilter need a change.I am currently receiving information from chipped uk on solving the abs issue which will hopefully be rectified soon. In 3 weeks he is opening a rolling road in middlesbrough (which lookerly i live there)so if i can get everything fixed by then she's back on the rollers for a free run. Hopefully by then the car will stop being so restrictive and give out a good bit of power.

lo-fasty
17-06-2006, 06:20 PM
Wow he got you over 30bhp so still good. Were the figures at the wheels or fly wheel? How much it cost you? and a contact number would be good :2thumbsup

Paul C
17-06-2006, 06:27 PM
Cost £225 i'm sure he would do it cheaper for group by but still isnt much
Dyno results below,another point to note is that i have a decat pipe fitted and emissions stayed within the regulated amount.Well some of the time.

bradc
17-06-2006, 10:30 PM
the results are quite good! Get your sparkplugs changed, disable the traction control, and go back there. :)

lo-fasty
17-06-2006, 10:51 PM
Mine also passed the MOT with a decat fitted. Still think it's not a bad price and fairly close to me so may pay him a visit when I've got some cash sorted. Thanks

bernmc
17-06-2006, 11:15 PM
Paul, what ECU do you have - or is this a remap of the std ECU?

lo-fasty
17-06-2006, 11:21 PM
I hope it's the stock ECU :thinking:

Paul C
18-06-2006, 09:22 AM
Stock ecu

ritch_w
18-06-2006, 10:12 AM
260 at the fly aint bad, and if u'r changing the plugs & filter that may release a few more.

what exactly did the remap involve? di dhe change the boost / fuelling / timing etc?

Paul C
18-06-2006, 10:18 AM
To be honest i dont know how it was changed not my field of knowledge. He had a laptop that displayed the map in the form of a 3d graph which he could read and manipulate.

bernmc
18-06-2006, 07:04 PM
Top bananna. Can you post contact details?

Physician
18-06-2006, 07:38 PM
Top bananna. Can you post contact details?

http://www.chippeduk.com/

Wonder if we could get deal 'pour deux' Bern?

bernmc
19-06-2006, 08:44 AM
http://www.chippeduk.com/

Wonder if we could get deal 'pour deux' Bern?

Si Senior! I'd like to get the silcone hoses from the group-buy and fit them first - are you in a hurry?

Nick Mann
19-06-2006, 10:01 AM
I live 5 mins from Bromsgrove. If anyone goes, let me know!!

Paul C
19-06-2006, 10:06 AM
Nick if you live that close you should go down and have a look at the setup,get yourself on the rollers. Just a warning to anyone who travels down the m42 to get there. There must be about 15 speed camera's over about a 8 mile stretch the sneaky B******S. I will await my letter from the DVLA.

Nick Mann
19-06-2006, 10:28 AM
I will pop down and have a nosey at some point.

The M42 is a stretch between the M6 and the M40. They are speed limit enforcers and reportedly not in operation if the variable speed limit is not in use. I travel that stretch every couple of weeks at 75-80 and have never had anything (yet) through the post.

Paul C
19-06-2006, 11:50 AM
Changed the filter today for mitsi original part number XR529773 cost £15.18.Noticed big difference straight away old one must of been well clogged up.From picture from below can anyone tell roughly how long the old filter was in the car as the car was supposed to have been serviced before i got it.

Kieran
19-06-2006, 12:19 PM
That filter looks VERY old and Manky. No wonder you were having power issues!!:speechles :inquisiti

From the looks of it, I would say that it was last changed in Japan - Hell, the filter on Goldie wasn't that bad!!:inquisiti

Paul C
19-06-2006, 12:26 PM
Thats good too know because when i next speak to he garage were I got the car from i will mention that there service stamp means nothing obviously they will get both barrels after the plugs are changed and i see the condition of the back ones.

richy rich
19-06-2006, 12:55 PM
if they haven't bothered to change the air filter there is no way they would have changed the plugs.

and i agree with k's post

Paul C
19-06-2006, 01:20 PM
I dont know if this will help but it is the number on the front of the ecu.I dont think there is any limitations on what ecu can be remapped.

Physician
19-06-2006, 03:57 PM
Si Senior! I'd like to get the silcone hoses from the group-buy and fit them first - are you in a hurry?

Nope, no rush Bern .......... let me know when you have fitted the kit and then we can make some arrangements.

Yep, those speed cameras are not working ..... they were the subject of discussion on another forum recently ............. and I've also blasted through them but heard nothing (and my Snooper never went off either).

bernmc
19-06-2006, 04:45 PM
Yep, those speed cameras are not working ..... they were the subject of discussion on another forum recently ............. and I've also blasted through them but heard nothing (and my Snooper never went off either).

I'm not sure what cameras you boys are talking about specifically, but the ones on the M42 in the variable speed limit area are SPECs cameras - the ones that take a pic of your plate, then time you between cameras and calculate your average speed over the whole distance. They won't trigger radar detectors because they work on number plate recognition and time, not radar, and you won't be able to fool them by slowing down at camera sites as they calculate your average speed between two points.

Not sure how long they'll be kept inactive in non-variable speed limit times, but I never risk it. One day, plod is going to make millions in a matter of hours!

Be warned!

Paul C
19-06-2006, 07:23 PM
Having spent a day on the car in preperation for its next rolling road. i have managed to remove all faults except for spark plugs,which are on there way,and the good old fault code 71. Fixing the abs was a major relief as it was becoming a bit of a pain. All that was required was a trolley jack and a tin of halfrauds brake cleaner.Put wheels up in the air and sprayed all 4 sensors. Fingers crossed thats that problem out of the way.

Thel Tcl problem resets itself when switching engine on and off. If the car is driven carefully it stays off, but as soon as it gets a good boot and any need for tcl to kick in it is shortly followed by the engine management light.Ihave found that switching the tcl off doesn't have the same effect as under fault conditions.A tcl fault seems to alter performance where as switching it off doesnt. Well thats the impression i get wether there is any fact in it i dont know.

bernmc
19-06-2006, 09:41 PM
TCL and ABS problems may be linked as they both use the ABS sensors...