PDA

View Full Version : Alloy Refurb

Wodjno
21-06-2006, 10:49 PM
Anyone heard or know anything about this place. http://www.lap-tab.co.uk/alloywheels.php

Or know of any other reputable places..

The place in the link seem pretty decent, but then i don't know there prices yet /help

The Vee
22-06-2006, 04:29 AM
Does look good from their site, but I fear they may be quite expensive

stuartturbo
22-06-2006, 08:04 AM
lepsons (http://www.lepsons.com/)

these are local to me and have done good jobs for mates wheels before

WildCards
22-06-2006, 10:20 AM
I heard very good things about Lap Tab. The Ginger bloke I was talking to at the RR day had used them in the past and was very impressed, although he did say they were expensive.

Theres a bloke local to me i've spoken to about some work on mine, very knowledeable and very busy. I'm gonna use him as soon as my arms out of a cast he wants £50 per wheel for tyre removal, scuff repair, paint and tyre refit. Very reasonable I thought, you can have his number if you like. He's in Wigston, Leicester though.

Brunty
22-06-2006, 12:08 PM
Wodj,

My friend has just had all four wheels on his CLK320 done and Lap Tab have done a fantastic job of them (This was in Erdington, Birmingham) - I think it cost him £45 ea. wheel including removal and refitting.

He was really pleased with the service, he's even inspecting all his mates wheels and suggesting they go down there as they (don't know if this is just Birmingham or not) are offering a discount throughout June.

That's a second hand recommendation from me :2thumbsup

Brunty
22-06-2006, 12:38 PM
Here you go - this was the sh1tty state his wheels were in (how the hell do you end up with wheels like this on an S-reg Merc?)

WildCards
22-06-2006, 12:50 PM
Must be a Merc thing, my mums 03 plate SLK has similiar corrosion on the wheels.

Brunty
22-06-2006, 01:15 PM
The finished article....

Brunty
22-06-2006, 01:30 PM
Just wanted to add that I took him back there to pick up his car and there were loads of wheels on racks - all of which looked like new, I was very impressed.

Physician
22-06-2006, 02:10 PM
I was quoted £40 a corner to refurb my BBS 16 inch alloys at this Company. But this was a one off special as normally £45.

Wodjno
22-06-2006, 02:56 PM
Thank you for your enquiry concerning your Alloy Wheels.

The following quotation is for refurbishing your alloys delivered in off the tyres.

18 inch Colour:Machined edge £70.00 per wheel + vat (need to see)

If you wish to deliver your wheels with the tyres on a Strip/Refit/Balance service is available including stick on weights / new valves please add an extra cost £60 + vat per set of 4. Extra time will be required for this.

Also strip or rebuild only is £30.00 inc vat (set 4)

Drive in service available.
We can book your car in to one of our tyre bays for a complete same day service.
Monday-Thursday by appointment only .Car delivered 8am -collect 5pm that evening (standard colours)

£60.00 per car (set of 4) + vat .This includes strip/refit/new valves/balance.

All vehicles/alloys delivered with tyres on please provide all locking wheel nuts /spanners for cap removal etc.(please note we use a standard silver which may differ slightly from the original finish)

We look forward to refurbishing your alloys.

Regards

Neill Murphy
07713-146920
Director

Opening Times:

Monday 7AM- 4.50PM Thursday 7AM- 4.50PM
Friday 7AM-12.50PM

Saturday 9.30AM-11.30AM

PS:Please do not hesitate to contact 24 hours if you have any queries etc

Physician
22-06-2006, 06:24 PM
Ouch! Size matters ....... a lot more than my £40 :thinking:

Wodjno
22-06-2006, 06:31 PM
Ouch! Size matters ....... a lot more than my £40 :thinking:

It's not size that matters Richard.. :inquisiti

It's not just a straight respray.. Polished deep dish alloys with painted spokes puts the cost up.. :speechles