PDA

View Full Version : Thought I'd better introduce myself

Si.
22-06-2006, 09:09 AM
Been using the forum for a while now, reading up and researching the possibilty of buying a VR4 saloon.

I'm fairly set on getting one, just need to raise the finances, and import one seeing as there aren't many manuals for sale in this country.

Great forum by the way, I've found it really useful so far in finding out information on the car, things to look out for.

Hopefully i'll be sticking around and becoming a fully paid member soon! :2thumbsup

richy rich
22-06-2006, 09:15 AM
/Welcome /Welcome2

the best way to get to find out more about these cars is come to a meet you will be very welcome to come and look at and ride in a car to find out the highs and lows of owner ship...

Spirit
22-06-2006, 09:33 AM
Welcome Si......good luck in your hunt :2thumbsup

Brunty
22-06-2006, 12:12 PM
Hi Si :happy:

Make sure you get to drive tipitronic before you commit to importing a maual you may be pleasantly surprised!

Brunty

ritch_w
22-06-2006, 12:53 PM
welcome and as Brunty says - dont rule out the 'tip!

Andy Teg
22-06-2006, 02:22 PM
Make sure you get to drive tipitronic before you commit to importing a maual you may be pleasantly surprised!

I was more than pleasantly surprised, I was almost shocked! So much so that I bought one! :2thumbsup

Nick VR4
22-06-2006, 03:02 PM
/Welcome2 to the Forum good luck

Si.
22-06-2006, 03:11 PM
I'm sure the tiptronic box is good, but for me it's got to be a manual box.

I just can't bring myself to have an auto / semi auto just yet.

Alex
22-06-2006, 09:34 PM
A very big /Welcome2 and glad to hear to you say you've found the site useful so far. Look forward to meeting you at a club event at some point :)

Johnny1974
22-06-2006, 10:08 PM
I said those exact words 'it's got to be a manual' then I drove a tip and loved it so I bought one.:2thumbsup

Nick Mann
22-06-2006, 10:30 PM
/Wyhy

There are manual saloons on www.autotrader.co.uk but I have no idea how clean they are.

Good luck in your search. If you genuinely absolutely have to have a manual, then get what you want. There are a lot of tip converts here though. I have a tip, but I still wonder if I would rather be in a manual.

Kenneth
22-06-2006, 10:33 PM
I did the same, said I HAD to have a muanul. Then I drove a tip. I was then SOOO glad that I bought a manual.

If you want manual, get one.

Si.
24-06-2006, 04:34 PM
If you want manual, get one.

Oh i will! just need to clear up a few financial issues and it'll be on it's way! :afro:

Not the most typical car for a 23 year old! :evilgrin:

Nick VR4
24-06-2006, 04:45 PM
Not the most typical car for a 23 year old! :evilgrin:

Do a search for insurance you will be suprised what people pay good some some bad

bradc
24-06-2006, 11:23 PM
I got my VR-4 when I was 20, the insurance company wasn't so sure about that either! Just do some hunting around and you'll be able to find one that will insure you at a reasonable price.

Rossco Type-S
25-06-2006, 03:14 AM
I got my VR-4 when I was 20, the insurance company wasn't so sure about that either! Just do some hunting around and you'll be able to find one that will insure you at a reasonable price.

He is in the UK though...big difference.

Si.
25-06-2006, 11:35 AM
I wouldn't say i've had reasonable quote, Acceptable maybe. But it's not a problem as such from most of the insurance companies i have rung so far.

Rossco Type-S
26-06-2006, 06:38 AM
I wouldn't say i've had reasonable quote, Acceptable maybe. But it's not a problem as such from most of the insurance companies i have rung so far.

Bet it's a lot more than what we pay down here in NZ! :P Not that I would want to rub it in or anything /lol

Si.
25-07-2006, 11:35 AM
Well heres a quick update.

I've found a car, which I won in the Japanese auctions last week, just waiting for payment ot clear before its shipping out to here. Hopefully should get a few more photos by the end of the week to post up.

Importing the car through Steve at Avanti Motor Company in Scotland, and must say so far, Top bloke!!

I honestly can't wait! :2thumbsup

All that leaves now is to open up my wallet (which is still in full on Student mode!) and get paid up membership! /Banana

White Lightning
25-07-2006, 12:13 PM
Congratulations Si. I've only had my VR-4 5 days and I already love it. What's the spec on the one you are getting?

Si.
25-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Managed to find myself a late 96 Manual, in Black which is great! :2thumbsup

has only covered 68,000km and is auction grade 4, so should be fairly clean.

Looks like its got a few little extras on it too in terms of exhaust, suspension and couple of gauges (boost and oil temp). Not too many so the insurance man won't mind too much! :happy:

Kieran
25-07-2006, 01:45 PM
Managed to find myself a late 96 Manual, in Black which is great! :2thumbsup

has only covered 68,000km and is auction grade 4, so should be fairly clean.

Looks like its got a few little extras on it too in terms of exhaust, suspension and couple of gauges (boost and oil temp). Not too many so the insurance man won't mind too much! :happy:

Oooh - lucky man! late '96 (so SVA groovy) and a manual, AND a high grade car! Good Job!

The Vee
25-07-2006, 02:40 PM
Well done mate, sure you'll enjoy it. Look forward to some pics and reports when it gets here. And letting those moths out of that wallet will be one of the best things you can do for you and the car!!:2thumbsup

Spirit
25-07-2006, 02:54 PM
Great news Si, well done :2thumbsup

With regards to the "extras" it has, do those need to come off and put back to standard before the SVA ?

Si.
25-07-2006, 05:21 PM
Great news Si, well done :2thumbsup

With regards to the "extras" it has, do those need to come off and put back to standard before the SVA ?

The only extra that may cause me issues will be the exhaust, the rest should be ok (fingers crossed, along with toes, and every other body part thats flexible).

Thats what i've been told anyway, and he seems to know his stuff, so i'll take his word for it! :2thumbsup

amsoil
25-07-2006, 08:06 PM
Welcome to The club Si

Si.
27-07-2006, 04:33 PM
Got my pics through today and a bit more info about the car.

Turns out the car was first registered in september 96, so if i wait to register it after the 1st of October there will be no need for an SVA and therefore no concerns regarding the extras on the car.

Result! :afro:

I'll post some pics up in the picture section in a bit. :2thumbsup