PDA

View Full Version : Breathing

Chandler
22-10-2003, 11:52 PM
Want to improve breathing in,ideas?still got UK warranty so must be esily removed for those important services!might be interested in breathing out better too-case of money availability

Spirit
23-10-2003, 01:37 AM
Personally I have a HKS Super Power Flow induction kit and HKS Super Drager exhaust - but there are others with different so hunt around.

Nick VR4
23-10-2003, 07:57 AM
You might want to talk to your Mits garage and find out was voids the warranty and what doesnt first
You dont want to start taking bits off and on when service comes along

They may say Air induction is OK :)

Roadrunner
23-10-2003, 08:42 AM
I'm still not convinced about induction kits :Ponder: . The standard setup brings air in at outside temperature, through a good filter, into the induction stream. It's generally accepted that the colder the air is, the better. IMHO, anything other than a good paper filter risks damage to the Air Flow Sensor with consequent performance problems till it's fixed. From looking at what others have done here, the base induction kit draws air in from insude the engine compartment, which is generally quite toasty ;) which, as I've said above, is probably not a good thing. So, a number of peeps have rigged up a cold feed to the new filter, which is a good thing but, at the end of the day, what has been improved? Again, IMHO, if a quality air filter is used in the induction kit, I'm struggling to work out where the gains are ... :confused: :)

Brian

Kieran
23-10-2003, 06:24 PM
Experience with previous cars makes me side with Brian on this one, for the reasons that he's stated. My personal perference is to keep the standard breathing system, but maybe swap the paper filter for something more free-flowing, giving the benefits of colder air from outside the engine bay, but with a less restrictive filter eliment.