PDA

View Full Version : recall on galants

KEENY
23-06-2006, 04:59 AM
if you have a 97 to 2003 galant (second hand or brought from new) call your nearest mitsubishi dealer and ask if there are any recalls for your car.

i called my mitsi dealer (thanks to richy rich) gave them my number plate and they told me that the car has 3 recalls outstanding on it.

to be honest i was pretty sure that there wasnt going to be any recalls outstanding on my car due to the fact that im the 4th owner. my galant is going in to mitsubishi on monday and they will be making the corrections for free.

i know onw of the recalls was somwthing obout the swing arm. cant remember what the others was but i will post along details when the work is complete.

so all you galant owners call mitsubishi and see if your car has any recalls outstanding. its almost like getting a free upgrade. lol:2thumbsup :2thumbsup

Kieran
23-06-2006, 07:30 AM
It's worth adding that calling your dealer will only work if you have a UK-Specification Galant. The VR-4 (Including the 200-odd 'Official' VR-4s) don't appear on the UK dealer network's database, so you'll have to call the Colt Car Company (Mitsubishi HQ).

strapping young lad
23-06-2006, 09:03 AM
as related to my post bout the ball joint i called my local dealer who was also the original seller of my galant and gave my reg plate and their records stated that the recall had already been done

Wodjno
23-06-2006, 11:49 AM
Just a thought ! But there has been many threads on recalls but i can't see a Sticky for 1.. Shouldn't this definitely be a Sticky... Quite Important i think.. :thinking: Obviously the main threads are not being picked up by new members, so sticky would be good:2thumbsup

richy rich
23-06-2006, 07:46 PM
Just a thought ! But there has been many threads on recalls but i can't see a Sticky for 1.. Shouldn't this definitely be a Sticky... Quite Important i think.. :thinking: Obviously the main threads are not being picked up by new members, so sticky would be good:2thumbsup
very good point glenn:2thumbsup