PDA

View Full Version : Unknown Interior Wiper Switch ??

KiwiTT
23-10-2003, 12:10 AM
On the left of my traction control switch, I have a switch, which has a wiper blade image on it INSERT INTO post VALUES (glows red when activated). As I have a wiper blade on the rear controlled by the left hand stork as are other wiper functions, I wondered what it could be.

I thought it could be a for wipers on the front headlights. As I do not have them, I am now thinking, automatic wiper sensor for when rain is intermittant. I,ve heard about these in other cars.

Anybody got any ideas ?

BraindG
23-10-2003, 12:29 AM
wow.. your lucky.. if you press that with someone in the passenger seat.. its like james bond.. they get ejected!

use it wisely!

jtfleming
23-10-2003, 01:59 AM
Kiwi, this switch heats the bottom of the windscreen in cold weather so your wiper blades don't stick with the ice, trick eh...:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

KiwiTT
23-10-2003, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by jtfleming
Kiwi, this switch heats the bottom of the windscreen in cold weather so your wiper blades don't stick with the ice, trick eh...:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

This will be useful when I emigrate to the South Island, in my later years. My wife and I are considering Christchurch then. I hope to have my car, even then.

jalford
23-12-2004, 08:08 PM

Cool. :-b :thumbsup:

Just spent 20 minutes looking for the answer but I found it. I'm sure I'll get a chance to test this before too long.

ritch_w
23-12-2004, 10:44 PM
aahhhh so that what that seemingly useless button does!!!

should actually be useful in scotland - now i know what it does!!!!