PDA

View Full Version : De-badge

ciderisgr8
23-06-2006, 03:56 PM
Hi all /Wave
I am thinking of debadging and wondered how easy it was to do ??
I havent tried yet incase theyre stuck on like sh~t to a blanket.
Any ideas on how to go ahead without damaging the paintwork ?? /Hmmm/Hmmm

/thankyou in advance

adam_shaw
23-06-2006, 04:34 PM
Kettle, dental-floss (as a cutter) and perhaps some WD40 for the remaining nasty bits....

Just remember to re-wax any areas de-waxed by the evil WD.

I'm sure many just pour hot water over to soften the glue and then peel off...

A

Nick Mann
23-06-2006, 04:42 PM
Your car only just fits on that drive!!

A bit of warmth to help the glue soften, but they should come off easily enough. You already have a gap where 'Legnum' should be? (Or Galant of it is a UK car - doesn't look UK though, the foglight is wrong.)

Nick VR4
23-06-2006, 04:58 PM
I have heard a hair dryer works with fishing line

It depends too I put mine back on with superglue so I wouldn't try to remove now

Check if the glue is soft if its hard I would avoid you might take paint with it

Rikki
23-06-2006, 05:25 PM
yup as above. i took mine off with boiling water, dental floss and a bit of a polish afterwards :scholar:

ciderisgr8
23-06-2006, 08:39 PM
(Or Galant of it is a UK car - doesn't look UK though, the foglight is wrong.)

Wrong foglight ??
The log book shows a Mits garage as the first owner.
I have seen various positions for the fog light though. Is there a definate position for ralliart models ?
I am looking to move mine and add another in the future to even up the rear.
Thanks for the tips. I ended up using nail polish remover ( mainly acetone ) to get rid of the very sticky glue and finish with a wash and t-cut polish.
Cheers for the tips :thumbsup::thumbsup:

richy rich
23-06-2006, 08:44 PM
I have heard a hair dryer works
last time i did this i just used a hair dryer worked well

then a clean

Nick VR4
23-06-2006, 09:23 PM
Wrong foglight ??
The log book shows a Mits garage as the first owner.
I have seen various positions for the fog light though. Is there a definate position for ralliart models ?
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Its built into the rear bumper

Nick Mann
23-06-2006, 10:43 PM
Most, but not all, UK cars have exactly the same rear fog light cut into the bumper. Mine has a very similar one, although mine was not imported by Mitsubishi UK. Check the foglight on quadals car for an estate, or bruntys for a saloon.

If you have a service booklet with a pre-delivery dealer stamp in it, then stop worrying!!

bradc
24-06-2006, 12:05 AM
The reason his car doesn't have Legnum written across the back is because his car was a very early 99 one. From the release of the facelift legnums to about mid-99 they had a dark grey strip of plastic across the rear lights with Legnum written there, most owners pulled them off because they were really ugly. Both of my facelifts came with them and I pulled them both off.