PDA

View Full Version : Iv had better Saturdays

mpau009
24-06-2006, 10:15 PM
No one to blame this time. Pics are pretty self explanatory/pan /pan /pan Low wall + car + stupid not looking properly = :speechles

Of course it would have to be my favourite part of the car that gets crushed:thinking:

So its off to the panel beaters to see if they can patch it up, but the fibreglass feels more like tissue paper, and since i drove off again, the whole lot came off.

Still could have been worse, theres no marks anywhere else, but man is it embarrassing hitting something in a flat complex - when all the residents come out to have a look...

Nick VR4
24-06-2006, 10:31 PM
Oh sorry to see this hope you get it sorted soon

Gly
24-06-2006, 10:32 PM
that sucks..

everything can be repaired for a price thou.

Funkstar
24-06-2006, 10:33 PM
Noooo. Sorry to see that mate. Is it an expensive job? Hopefully not.

mpau009
24-06-2006, 11:02 PM
Yeah thanks guys. i think they can fix it, at least i hope so - i'll see them on monday, i'm just trying to decide whether it would be better to claim insurance ($750 excess), and get the three other dented doors, and one in the roof fixed (got another good one at autosalon yesterday as well)
I'll have to talk to the broker about the effect it would have on my premium since it was hard enough to get insurance in the first place./pan

KiwiTT
24-06-2006, 11:12 PM
Ouch. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Insurance can be a two-edged sword. Make a claim and you lose your NCB, which may cost more in the long run.

bradc
24-06-2006, 11:22 PM
I guess it comes down to how much it will cost to get it replaced, I hope you get it sorted fairly quickly though.

Kenneth
25-06-2006, 12:37 AM
that sucks..

everything can be repaired for a price thou.

You mean that you would be willing to do some fiberglass work for a few $$?

Gly
25-06-2006, 06:19 AM
You mean that you would be willing to do some fiberglass work for a few $$?

i could have a look at it, but couldnt make any promises.

you would still have to sort your own painter

You See
25-06-2006, 09:37 AM
ouch dude, it's painful to even view the pics!:bigcry:

Xeroid
26-06-2006, 10:16 AM
I assume the multiple dents are caused by different incidents, if so you might find insurance will regard each one as a separate claim .....that could be expensive.

mpau009
26-06-2006, 10:35 AM
I assume the multiple dents are caused by different incidents, if so you might find insurance will regard each one as a separate claim .....that could be expensive.

hmmm.. Maybe not then. But the little dent i got on saturday is a pig, its a good 5mm deep right on the curve of the door, and chipped the paint off so you see it from every angle.

I pulled the rest of the bumper off yesterday, and the factory one underneath isn't too bad, except a bulge where the muffler hit when i bottomed out once, just needs some endcaps.

I think i might just wait and see if i can afford to do something about it after the uni break, but it makes me sooo sad:baby:

The Vee
26-06-2006, 05:03 PM
Sorry to see this mate. Know what you mean about the dents in the doors, I have one each side and I swear they get bigger everytime I look at them/Grrr

Paul Beazer
26-06-2006, 09:02 PM
What? Did Nick Mann lean on your doors too?? /pan

NAUSED
27-06-2006, 10:14 AM
yo man my cuz has a panel beaters in the west side avondale near fbi performance the driveway next to the tyre shop and you have fbi on the other side "kalabo motors" hes good at fibeglassing.

mpau009
27-06-2006, 10:21 AM
yo man my cuz has a panel beaters in the west side avondale near fbi performance the driveway next to the tyre shop and you have fbi on the other side "kalabo motors" hes good at fibeglassing.

Cheers, I'll keep that in mind. Iv got to focus on saving some cash for new tyres for a couple of weeks:pimp2: (went through Osiris' old set in 6 months.. ..and it was worth it:happy: ) But, then the bumper is a close second.

BraindG
27-06-2006, 11:51 AM
Grrrrr /Grrr

Looks easy enough to fix, nothing terminal.

MJR
27-06-2006, 11:59 AM
Ouch, thats nasty mate.

All the best in getting it sorted and back to normal.

MJR

mpau009
01-09-2006, 10:13 AM
Finally ready to show some progress.. Just finished round three with the fibreglassing (my first ever attempt at it).

It seems to be going back together all right, i just hope it still fits once the two main bits are joined again:party:.

After that i just need to take to the plastic bumper underneath with the heat gun, and it should be spiffy./Elmo

and still easier than paying $300 for someone else to do it..:-ished:

I also got around to re-fitting the tow hook cover, the way mitsi should have done it to start with;)

bradc
01-09-2006, 10:31 AM
looks like it is just about there, how much did it cost you in duct tape? :P