PDA

View Full Version : Any Kiwi's tried these Zorsts?

Muppsy
25-06-2006, 09:52 AM
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=60716354

Kinda interested in these for the silencer. Basically the muffler I have sounds good, but pretty drony at the 2200-2500 range and I hate it for long trips which I will be doing fairly often now the snow is falling.

Not too concerned about legal. I know that most warrent places want the silencers welded in.

Basically I want to know if these silencers are worth a pinch, and if anyone has tried one of these mufflers, does it sound alright?

Chur

Lucas
29-06-2006, 06:55 AM
That looks a damn sight like mine! I actually have that one on my car (too tight to buy a more expensive zorst!) I got it put on less than a week ago and it's pretty loud on my N?A but better with the silencer in. Silencer makes a big difference. I have the 4.5 with 2.5 inlet so if you wanted to try before you buy you're more than welcome to come and try my one. I live near Glenfield so I assume that's close to you???

PM me if you're interested

Muppsy
01-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Cheers mate, thanks for the PM too.

Yeah I'm in Albany. My Leggie(s) is off the road at the moment in Keri Keri awaiting a transplant. My zorst is 3 inch all the way too. But thanks.

I really just wanted to know about droning. I know it can be fixed with another cat in, but I don't want it. My exhaust sounds perfect for short drives. Not teribly load but sounds the part.

It's just that I drive to Ohakune and KeriKeri alot and the droning just really sux when your sitting on 100 most of the way.

I might see if you're keen to take me for a drive in your N/A if that's cool. No major, and I'm pretty busy at the moment but I like the idea of these silencers.

Lucas
06-07-2006, 06:22 AM
For anyone else that is interested the above mentioned zorsts don't really do much to stop droning without the silencer, in fact I found it unbearable. However the silencer makes a HUGE difference in the sense that at the usual 2500rpm drone zone it sounds quite nice without much droning. The droning seems to be only when the engine is under mild load ie accelerating for A to B type driving. Accelerate hard and it goes kinda quiet but retain a constant speed and it sounds pretty good. This is of course with an N/A type car /Steeringw

When I first got the exhaust I kinda hated the automatic droning sound but I'm starting to like it alot now. I swear the sound is changing (maybe from carbon build up?) either that or I'm just getting used to it. Just wish I had got the guys to cut the bumper out some more. A 4.5" can hanging below the bumper looks a bit stupid /dunce