PDA

View Full Version : Club VR4 widows pre-christmas meet

Alex
25-06-2006, 06:19 PM
We CVR4 widows who attended Jap Show this weekend thought it was about time we organised our own meet. Thoughts at this stage are Christmas shopping at the Bull Ring, Birmingham. Followed by meal and drinks either out, or back at Vicky's (our resident catering expert). Nick will be banished for the weekend (sorry Nick), and we can stay over at Vicky's (yet again many thanks).

These are suggestions open to debate, but we thought November might be a good time. My calendar for November is currently clear, so if people can say when they would be available we can come up with some possible dates.

PLEASE TELL YOUR PARTNERS ABOUT THIS EVENT IF THEY DON'T ACCESS THE FORUMS. ALL VR4 WIDOWS WOULD BE MORE THAN WELCOME!

Should be a blast, hope all you girls can come :party3: /Poms :chugchug: :beerchug: /grouphug :party: :2thumbsup /thankyou

WildCards
25-06-2006, 08:25 PM
ooh, crikey. i'd better start saving. i'll let 'er know.

Kieran
25-06-2006, 09:09 PM
:speechles

/Cue frantic sounds of funds being transferred, credit/debit cards being hidden, online banking passwords being changed and chequebooks being burned...

Cleaning Lady
25-06-2006, 09:10 PM
Sounds good to me, I have actually just been to Birmingahm Bull Ring today with some friends. Great time had and we went to Hard Rock Cafe which was nice, never been before. If still in current job will be free every other weekend although could easily book day off if need be...

Lillywotsername
26-06-2006, 08:31 AM
I am there!!!!! just give us the word and we will be down. At this moment in time I am free all month so will go with the flow as to dates.

Physician
26-06-2006, 11:20 AM
I think this is a great idea for you ladies ......... who have to put up with our 'hobby' non-stop.

Having said that ....... those of you whom I've met are very supportive of our addiction. :2thumbsup

Alex
26-06-2006, 07:25 PM
Interested list so far:

1. Alex
2. Vicky
3. Lorraine
4. Kate

C'mon girls - all welcome!!

richy rich
26-06-2006, 07:26 PM
thats 90% of you isn't it/haz

Spirit
26-06-2006, 08:36 PM
I don't think Shaz will travel all that way tbh.

WildCards
26-06-2006, 09:07 PM

Y'mean you won't lend her the car Pete? /lol /lol

Spirit
26-06-2006, 09:08 PM
Y'mean you won't lend her the car Pete? /lol /lol

It's me who has to ask to use the VR4 mate - she has it on a daily basis !

Lillywotsername
26-06-2006, 09:09 PM
thats 90% of you isn't it/haz

Shut up hubby!!!!!
Besides whilst we are still very much a small number we have less clout. Wait till there is more of us and can really make your life HELL!!!!!!:evilgrin:

Alex
26-06-2006, 09:29 PM

I quite understand that. It's just a suggestion for a first CVR4 widows meet - open to suggestions for future meets if other CVR4 widows are interested. :)

Little Miss Road Rage
27-06-2006, 09:41 AM
Sounds good but I wouldn't be able to make it that far and he'd be without the Leggie and car less if I went lol

Vicky Mann
27-06-2006, 09:48 AM
:2thumbsup :chugchug: :5shots:

Free all month at the moment, may have something on the 18th & 19th but not definite yet.

Lillywotsername
27-06-2006, 09:52 AM
Thats a shame, but totally understandable. Hopefully we can all get together somewhere more central next year. :2thumbsup

RED
27-06-2006, 10:18 AM
I might be ready for a bit of adult companionship by then:baby: :2thumbsup I've got my mum's 60th to sort out in November but I'm sure I can get away for some shopping - I'd better get Marcus to think about putting up my house keeping money:thinking:

Lillywotsername
27-06-2006, 10:20 AM
I might be ready for a bit of adult companionship by then:baby: :2thumbsup I've got my mum's 60th to sort out in November but I'm sure I can get away for some shopping - I'd better get Marcus to think about putting up my house keeping money:thinking:
Fantastic....hope to see you there:2thumbsup

WildCards
27-06-2006, 01:31 PM
So what are we fellas going to do whilst they're shopping? If we're in the house by then you're all welcome to stay at mine, curry and a few beers if you please?

Kieran
27-06-2006, 03:11 PM
I was wondering that, but it's too far in the future for me to have any idea what I'll be on with... I'm not that organised!!

WildCards
27-06-2006, 03:23 PM
I was wondering that, but it's too far in the future for me to have any idea what I'll be on with... I'm not that organised!!

Theres no guarantee i'll have anywhere for people to stop mate, I was just throwing it up for discussion really. As you say we'll see nearer the time.

richy rich
27-06-2006, 06:21 PM
you may be able to twist my arm

Alex
27-06-2006, 11:25 PM
Oi!!/Hijack

Get your own thread! Humph /Grrr

No seriously - arrange something by all means, but give us a chance to sort a date first :thinking: :)

richy rich
27-06-2006, 11:28 PM
:curtain: sorry alex

Alex
27-06-2006, 11:29 PM
Apology accepted Richie :)

WildCards
29-06-2006, 04:13 PM
Oi!!/Hijack

Get your own thread! Humph /Grrr

No seriously - arrange something by all means, but give us a chance to sort a date first :thinking: :)

Keep your wig on! /Grrr :iloveyou:

You know us blokes are completely dependant on you lovely ladies for your organisational skills. When you've got a date, we'll have a date, capiche

Alex
30-06-2006, 10:38 PM
Ok, before Wildcards busts something....../pan

How's about the 11th and 12th of November?

Kate, do you know which weekends you are working in November? As the only dates ruled out so far are the 18th and 19th, we could do either 4th and 5th or 25th and 26th if you are working on the 11th and 12th.

Nick Mann
30-06-2006, 10:39 PM
We have just received an invitation - 11th/12th is no good!!

WildCards
30-06-2006, 10:52 PM
Ok, before Wildcards busts something....../pan

What, like a button on my trousers?... nice to know you care Alex :iloveyou:

Kates gassing at the minute, i'll get her to respond when she's finished.

Probably next week /pan

WildCards
30-06-2006, 11:16 PM
Kate, do you know which weekends you are working in November? As the only dates ruled out so far are the 18th and 19th, we could do either 4th and 5th or 25th and 26th if you are working on the 11th and 12th.

Kate is free 11th/12th or 25th/26th November.

At the moment, she might be changing shift though /pan
Best thing to do, set a date and Kate can always arrange holiday or swap a shift for that weekend if need be.

Alex
30-06-2006, 11:29 PM
So, by a process of elimination....

24th and 25th November???

WildCards
30-06-2006, 11:37 PM
So, by a process of elimination....

If poss, but given the amount of time to pass i'm sure Kate can sort something out to make any weekend you choose. Don't be ruled by one person, go with the flow and we'll fit around it. It's cool.

Lillywotsername
01-07-2006, 08:35 AM

Sounds good to me Guys.............

mind you any time is good time when it comes to crimbo shopping:evilgrin: :evilgrin:

I usually start mine in August so will have to be good and save my pennies for our spree.

Also as it will be the end of the month, I will be able to give you all your crimbo cards and not feel too bad at giving them too early ( again normally have them wrote by october) :iloveyou: :iloveyou:

Vicky Mann
01-07-2006, 09:40 AM

Fine by me!!

Wahey lets spend!!!!/yes

Mrs BDA
01-07-2006, 07:58 PM
Having finally worked out how to get my own profile, can I put my name down for this one please?

Subject obviously to baby sitting, childhood illnesses and broken bones (although the rate we're going there won't be much left by November :baby: !!)

richy rich
01-07-2006, 08:36 PM
glad to see you are going Mrs BDA:2thumbsup

Lillywotsername
01-07-2006, 11:12 PM
Having finally worked out how to get my own profile, can I put my name down for this one please?

Subject obviously to baby sitting, childhood illnesses and broken bones (although the rate we're going there won't be much left by November :baby: !!)
Will be lovely to have you there Helen...

hope all goes well with the arrangements:2thumbsup

Alex
16-07-2006, 05:13 PM
So, to sum up....

Sat 24th Nov shopping at Bull ring, stop at chez Mann, and then home at some point on Sun 25th Nov.

1. Vicky
2. Alex
3. Lillywotsername (Lorraine)
4. Cleaning Lady (Kate)
5. Red (Jane)
6. Mrs BDA (Helen)

Have I missed anyone?

Lillywotsername
17-07-2006, 10:30 AM
Can I stick Jessica down as a definate, if no body objects to her coming. She has caught wind of a shopping spree and got dead excited.

Please speak out though if you would rather it be only grown ups, I will not be offended.

Alex
06-09-2006, 10:04 PM
Bump!

Any more interest?

tig202
07-09-2006, 05:23 PM
Missus Tig (Lisa) says she likes the idea so please count her in:2thumbsup

Alex
07-09-2006, 05:28 PM
Missus Tig (Lisa) says she likes the idea so please count her in:2thumbsup

Great news! The more the merrier :party3:

RED
15-09-2006, 12:26 PM
Sorry to pull out of this one girls especially as am very partial to a spot of shopping but I will still not be match fit by then reference the recent surgery etc and I've also got my mum's 60th birthday that weekend and Em's 3rd birthday too:rolleyes4 bu&&er! Hope you all have a great day though - will be thinking of you/yes

Lillywotsername
15-09-2006, 01:08 PM
Sorry to pull out of this one girls especially as am very partial to a spot of shopping but I will still not be match fit by then reference the recent surgery etc and I've also got my mum's 60th birthday that weekend and Em's 3rd birthday too:rolleyes4 bu&&er! Hope you all have a great day though - will be thinking of you/yes
Sorry you had to pull out mate but health and family commitments must take priority. Hope you get fit soon and we will have to all catch up again next year.

Alex
01-10-2006, 03:26 PM
Been talking to Vicky and Lilly about this so thought I'd give it another bump

As far as I am aware, this is where we've got to:

Sat 25th Nov shopping at Bull ring, stop at Vicky's, and then home at some point on Sun 26th Nov.

1. Vicky
2. Alex
4. Jessica (mini Lilly)
4. Cleaning Lady (Kate)
5. Lisa (Mrs Tig202)
6. Mrs BDA (Helen)?

Anyone else who's interested would be more than welcome. Also any other suggestions / thought?

Oh, and now might be a good time for you blokes to figure something out if you want to get together that weekend.

richy rich
01-10-2006, 05:35 PM
Been talking to Vicky and Lilly about this so thought I'd give it another bump

As far as I am aware, this is where we've got to:

Sat 24th Nov shopping at Bull ring, stop at Vicky's, and then home at some point on Sun 25th Nov.

1. Vicky
2. Alex
4. Jessica (mini Lilly)
4. Cleaning Lady (Kate)
5. Lisa (Mrs Tig202)
6. Mrs BDA (Helen)?

Anyone else who's interested would be more than welcome. Also any other suggestions / thought?

Oh, and now might be a good time for you blokes to figure something out if you want to get together that weekend.
Hopfully wrd should have a 2 post lift in by then so maybe a unseal of car weekend or something along those lines... or maybe just car tinkering

not a lot of space at mine but any anybody is welcome to crash at mine. mainly floor space. (IE nick as you are being evicted for the weekend)

Mrs BDA
01-10-2006, 08:00 PM
Having spent the day stopping my little one joining in the gearbox removal and attempted leg amputation (a couple of hours my a***), this will be my payback. Plus I've passed up a very tempting swimming competition - you can never have enough plastic trophies you know!!!!

Just let me know where and when............:givemebee

Helen

Lillywotsername
01-10-2006, 08:03 PM
Nice one helen.... :thumbsup:

Alex
01-10-2006, 08:58 PM
Excellent news! Really glad you can still come Helen.

I think the idea is that we either meet at Vicky's and head to the bull ring from there, or meet at the bull ring. As I don't drive I will probably be getting the train to Birmingham - I assume the station is not too far from the bull ring??

Might have to get someone to take pity on me though and let me store my bags in their car.....

Getting really excited now. It's going to be great.

Kieran
01-10-2006, 09:04 PM
Hopfully wrd should have a 2 post lift in by then so maybe a unseal of car weekend or something along those lines... or maybe just car tinkering

not a lot of space at mine but any anybody is welcome to crash at mine. mainly floor space. (IE nick as you are being evicted for the weekend)

/Wave

Nick Mann
01-10-2006, 09:06 PM
I assume the station is not too far from the bull ring??

I think it might take as much as 3 minutes to walk from New Street Station to the Bull Ring.
Up to the station from the platform, then up the escalators to the shopping centre above, then turn right and walk to the Bull Ring!

richy rich
01-10-2006, 09:12 PM

or maybe fit nicks new box:beatnik2:

Kieran
01-10-2006, 09:13 PM
or maybe fit nicks new box:beatnik2:

New thread time, methinks! :deal2:

richy rich
01-10-2006, 09:15 PM
New thread time, methinks! :deal2:
oky doky do you want to do it

WildCards
01-10-2006, 09:20 PM
I was going to suggest beer and curry around our new house if we've moved by then, but a tinkering weekend in Stoke is just as good, and we can still do beer and curry :thumbsup:

I'm in, any chance of a bed/floor space to kip?

richy rich
01-10-2006, 09:21 PM
I was going to suggest beer and curry around our new house if we've moved by then, but a tinkering weekend in Stoke is just as good, and we can still do beer and curry :thumbsup:

no prob steve

Alex
01-10-2006, 09:46 PM
Excellent!

Have just spoken to Lilly on the phone, and have got it all arranged....

K, I'll get the train to Nottm on the Friday night after work. You meet me at the station, and we'll drive to Richy and Lorraine's. You spend the weekend with Richy and the other lads - me and Lilly will spend the weekend at Vicky's. Then on Sunday, Lilly and I'll drive back to Stoke, and you and I come home.

See simple.

(And before anyone asks, yes we do talk at home, but this way I've it down in writing!)

Kieran
01-10-2006, 09:51 PM
oky doky do you want to do it

For sure - All done! :)

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=190143#post190143

Alex
01-10-2006, 10:14 PM
Just to clarify....

I meant Sat 25th and Sun 26th November :oops:

Have edited my post above - hope I've not confused anybody

Lillywotsername
02-10-2006, 08:05 AM

With Jessica coming away with me and if Richard has Adam in with him, technically we have 2 single beds up for grabs and a double air bed in the front room if anyone wants it.

Will you be bringing the boys Steve? If so maybe you could have 1 of the kids rooms... you in the bed and we have spare mattresses that the boys could top and tail on if you want.

I will be leaving a curry for the men but as for when it will be eaten don't rightly know:2thumbsup

WildCards
02-10-2006, 02:53 PM
No, i'll get the boys shipped off to the parents for the weekend. Curry can be eaten morning, noon and night.

richy rich
02-10-2006, 09:40 PM
Curry can be eaten morning, noon and night.
yep hot or cold

Kieran
02-10-2006, 09:42 PM
Curry can be eaten morning, noon and night.

Ding! Correct Answer!!

Ooooh, I'm all lookin' forward to this now!

Oh, arse - Sorry ladies! /Hijack

Alex
02-10-2006, 10:15 PM
Oi you lot, get back to your own thread /pan /pan

Lillywotsername
03-11-2006, 09:24 AM
Just to bump this one back up......
Also is there any more widows wanting to join us on the 25th of this month?

Alex
04-11-2006, 12:06 AM
Hey Lilly, great minds think alike - I was going to bump this today.

Getting close now - I can feel Kieran's credit card raring to go :)

Kieran
04-11-2006, 01:07 AM
You've made a slight typo my dear - here, let me help you! /pan

Getting close now - I can feel Kieran's credit card being cut up!:)

Lillywotsername
04-11-2006, 03:32 PM
You've made a slight typo my dear - here, let me help you! /pan
PMSL.....

Kieran
04-11-2006, 05:57 PM
PMSL.....

You may laugh - Richy is probably doing the same right now! /Devil5

richy rich
05-11-2006, 05:31 PM
no credit cards so ive not got a prob/haz /haz

Alex
05-11-2006, 07:49 PM
Don't worry Lilly - K might have cut up the credit card, but there's always the joint account - we can have loads of fun with that /Devil5 :party: :5shots: :sunny:

Lillywotsername
06-11-2006, 06:38 PM
PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEE let me help..... I Love Crimbo Shopping

WildCards
06-11-2006, 09:44 PM
Jesus, i'm half hoping I don't get an insurance payout before you lot land on Birmingham. Either that, or I spend it all before hand. Fella's how do you feel helping me spend a wodge of cash on motorsport parts?

richy rich
07-11-2006, 11:28 AM
Jesus, i'm half hoping I don't get an insurance payout before you lot land on Birmingham. Either that, or I spend it all before hand. Fella's how do you feel helping me spend a wodge of cash on motorsport parts?
:2thumbsup

Alex
08-11-2006, 11:23 PM
Ok, the plan so far...

Lorraine, Jess and I are leaving Lorraine and Richy's on Friday night, leaving the blokes to do whatever they're planning.

Vicky has offered to pick people up from redditch train station on friday night, or saturday morning, or people can meet us at the bull ring whatever time suits on saturday.

Saturday night, back to Vicky's for a takeaway and a few bottles.

Sunday morning cooked breakfast, and home at some point.

That's as far as I've got. No times as of yet till I know more what people are planning.

All still welcome if any widows want to add their names.

Lillywotsername
15-11-2006, 09:18 PM
Just giving this thread a bump.....

Can we please have a final show of hands as to who is coming. Lisa, Helen..... Are you both still able to come?
It's next weekend Girls :bananadan /Banana /Poms :5shots: :5shots: and I think it would be nice if we could give Vicky some definite numbers as to who is coming.

Please post asap if you are coming...... Tig & BDA.... please give your wives the message about this. Thanks a lot.:2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

WildCards
15-11-2006, 09:29 PM
I'm still on for it, as is Kate. Alex, have you got room for one more, as kate will more than likely be coming with me to Richy & Lorrs on friday night?

Lillywotsername
15-11-2006, 09:34 PM
I'm still on for it, as is Kate. Alex, have you got room for one more, as kate will more than likely be coming with me to Richy & Lorrs on friday night?
Thats fine mate..... I am driving down so I am sure I can get Kate in with us. Its not going to be the cumfyist of rides as taking my spazcort but it will be great to have Kate join us.

Will be leaving mine at 8ish if thats ok as I am working Friday and don't get home till 7ish, but Richy will be here if you get here before me. Just kick him off the sofa to make you both a coffee and will see you when I get home.

I will be making you all a curry for Friday night so don't worry about eating before you leave:2thumbsup

Mrs BDA
15-11-2006, 10:14 PM
I'm still in!!! Although Toby currently has a lovely dose of gastroenteritis............. :sick: :baby:

Can't do Friday night though and a bit of a coward about driving into Birmingham on a Saturday close to Christmas so, if someone could give me some idea of what time you will be leaving Vicky's on Saturday morning, I would like to meet you there and scrounge a lift (or whatever the plan is). /grouphug

Lillywotsername
15-11-2006, 10:38 PM
I'm still in!!! Although Toby currently has a lovely dose of gastroenteritis............. :sick: :baby:

Can't do Friday night though and a bit of a coward about driving into Birmingham on a Saturday close to Christmas so, if someone could give me some idea of what time you will be leaving Vicky's on Saturday morning, I would like to meet you there and scrounge a lift (or whatever the plan is). /grouphug
Great news Helen:2thumbsup :2thumbsup If you send either myself or Alex your telephone number then we can give you a ring when we have a conclusive time. It will be no problem at all picking you up from a station or something.

Hope Toby gets well soon and will see you next weekend:2thumbsup

Alex
15-11-2006, 10:41 PM
Not sure what time we'll be leaving chez Mann, but I suspect if you get there by about 10am you could scrounge breakfast. If you PM me your mobile number, I'll let you know as things get sorted.

Hope Toby gets better soon.

Looking forward to seeing you.

Vicky Mann
16-11-2006, 10:54 AM
Thought it was most probably time I spoke up.

Really looking forward to seeing you all! /Poms

If we can confirm exactly how many of you will be coming I can work out where I'm going to put you all and if I need to ask for anyone to bring some extra bedding. As it stands everyone will have a bed (of some description, Lilly & Jess do you mind sharing?) and all you need to bring is yourselves and a credit card or two!

Will have meal ready for those arriving on Friday night (I have remembered Jess is a veggie, does anyone else have any weird eating habits?). Helen, I'm not sure what time we'll be leaving on Saturday morning. I have already explained to Alex I'm going to have to abandon you all for a couple of hours (for a memorial service thing starting at 11) so it may have to be a little earlier than 10, is 9:30 okay?

Anyone want directions? Let me know and I'll PM you some. Anyone wanting to get a train again let me know and I'll sort out meeting you. Can't think of anything else at the moment except see you next weekend /Banana /Banana :beerchug: /Banana /Banana

Lillywotsername
16-11-2006, 11:31 AM
Thought it was most probably time I spoke up.

Really looking forward to seeing you all! /Poms

If we can confirm exactly how many of you will be coming I can work out where I'm going to put you all and if I need to ask for anyone to bring some extra bedding. As it stands everyone will have a bed (of some description, Lilly & Jess do you mind sharing?) and all you need to bring is yourselves and a credit card or two!

Will have meal ready for those arriving on Friday night (I have remembered Jess is a veggie, does anyone else have any weird eating habits?). Helen, I'm not sure what time we'll be leaving on Saturday morning. I have already explained to Alex I'm going to have to abandon you all for a couple of hours (for a memorial service thing starting at 11) so it may have to be a little earlier than 10, is 9:30 okay?

Anyone want directions? Let me know and I'll PM you some. Anyone wanting to get a train again let me know and I'll sort out meeting you. Can't think of anything else at the moment except see you next weekend /Banana /Banana :beerchug: /Banana /Banana
Thanks for that Vicky.... Don't worry about Jessica for Friday night she will eat before she leaves as I am hoping that she will be going to bed not long after we arrive at yours. She will be tired as she plays net ball after school and PE in school on a friday:zzz:

Don't know what time we will get to yours but will give you a ring on the way or as we are leaving to give you some idea.

I will need destructions on how to get to yours or a post code so I can print them off.

See you next Friday.... Can't wait:2thumbsup /Poms /Poms /Poms /Poms /Poms

Lillywotsername
16-11-2006, 04:51 PM
Oh sorry forget to mention.....
As far as I know it will be Alex, Kate , Jessica and myself for Friday and at the mo Helen on Saturday....

Can any more ladies let us know asap if they are joining us.

WildCards
16-11-2006, 05:25 PM
Can any more ladies let us know asap if they are joining us.

Brunty?

Alex
17-11-2006, 12:10 AM
Brunty?

Miaow!

Brunty
17-11-2006, 10:30 AM
Brunty?

Technically not joining them as I'll be there in a professional capacity.

I've got my thong, baby oil and whipped cream all ready - I just need some darts and a few balloons for my finale and we're all set.

Wildcards> apparently you have some darts that you are almost completely useless with - can I have them?

Kieran
17-11-2006, 10:37 AM
Technically not joining them as I'll be there in a professional capacity.

I've got my thong, baby oil and whipped cream all ready - I just need some darts and a few balloons for my finale and we're all set.

You'd better take a bucket of cold water or two, Brunty - If Heath's 40th is anything to go by, the Widows have a voracious sexual appetite after a couple of glasses of wine and they'll go for anything roughly male with a pulse!/help

(So you're in there! ;))

WildCards
17-11-2006, 10:42 AM
I've got my thong, baby oil and whipped cream all ready

Mental Image:

uploaded/1747/1163756613.jpg

Wildcards> apparently you have some darts that you are almost completely useless with - can I have them?

I'll send them with Kate mate :iloveyou:

Mrs BDA
17-11-2006, 05:48 PM
Change of plan - I've got a pass out for Friday night as well (didn't want to miss anything:5shots: )

Don't know what time I'll be there yet as we might combine it with a visit to my brother and sil (we can't go at the mo as the gastro is spreading:stop: I'll leave the details to your imaginations!)

Brunty
17-11-2006, 07:41 PM
Mental Image:

I'm not hairy and my towels are smaller than that!

/pan

WildCards
17-11-2006, 08:00 PM
I'm not hairy and my towels are smaller than that!

/pan

/lol

Lillywotsername
17-11-2006, 09:25 PM
Change of plan - I've got a pass out for Friday night as well (didn't want to miss anything:5shots: )

Don't know what time I'll be there yet as we might combine it with a visit to my brother and sil (we can't go at the mo as the gastro is spreading:stop: I'll leave the details to your imaginations!)
Woo hoo.... I am getting all giddy now:2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

Alex
19-11-2006, 08:18 PM
5 days to go! Woohoo, can't wait! :5shots: :party3: /Banana :runkest: /Poms /grouphug

Just can't seem to find the 'shop-till-you-drop' smile??:speechles

Kieran
19-11-2006, 09:19 PM
Just can't seem to find the 'shop-till-you-drop' smile??:speechles

Right next to the 'Burnt credit cards' smiley!! /Grrr /pan /help

Physician
19-11-2006, 11:53 PM
Right next to the 'Burnt credit cards' smiley!! /Grrr /pan /help

Lol! :2thumbsup

WildCards
20-11-2006, 11:56 AM
OK, now i'm off paintballing with the fellas, Kate is limited to £5.93 for her entire weekend. I trust you other widows to keep an eye on her spending for me.

Lillywotsername
20-11-2006, 05:02 PM
OK, now i'm off paintballing with the fellas, Kate is limited to £5.93 for her entire weekend. I trust you other widows to keep an eye on her spending for me.
You basket..... just for that I will encourage her to spend even more of your hard earned cash. If not I can always book one less place on the paintballing:scholar: :iloveyou:

Alex
20-11-2006, 11:16 PM

Ayeup! We put dibs on this weekend first. Just cos you boys have decided you can't cope on your own for the weekend shouldn't mean that you get to spend the cash instead of us! /Grrr

Besides, if you are anything like K, Kate will have to be spending money because she'll end up doing all your Christmas shopping for you /pan

Alex
22-11-2006, 12:32 AM
Not that I'm excited about this or anything, but......

3 days to go!

Nick Mann
22-11-2006, 11:58 AM
Following a bus into Brum this morning, we spotted an advert on it's rear end about Santas Grotto in the Pallesades. (One of the smaller shopping centres, just above New Street Station.) Guess when it opens? :evilgrin: Vicky was wondering if 5 full grown adults would be allowed in with Jess to sit on Santas knee!!! /help Do you think I should place an anonymous phone call? :thinking:

Lillywotsername
22-11-2006, 12:03 PM
Vicky was wondering if 5 full grown adults would be allowed in with Jess to sit on Santas knee!!! :thinking:
Problem with that is I think we would enjoy the whole experiance more than Jessica would..... She is just way too old for that sort of thing/haz ;)

Mrs BDA
23-11-2006, 01:41 PM
Right, I've done a route planner from my brother's to Vicky's and the good news is it shoud take just over an hour :2thumbsup

The bad news is that it sends me along the M6.................M6, Friday evening/wall

What is the ETA for everyone else?

Also, I'm off work tomorrow so do you want me to do/buy/bring anything, Vicky?

Vicky Mann
23-11-2006, 02:23 PM
Not sure what time the others are all arriving. I'll be home from work around 6ish so you're all welcome anytime after that. I'm cooking dinner for anyone who wants it; just let me know how many I'm catering for.

As for what to bring I think most things covered now. You just need to bring yourself, some booze and some spends!!!

See you all tomorrow!

WildCards
23-11-2006, 02:30 PM
Kates coming with Lily and Jess. Kate finished work at 5.30 so i'll pick her up and take a ginger drive over to stoke (barely any brakes!).

Lillywotsername
23-11-2006, 02:38 PM
I am hoping to get home from work at about 7 but maybe as late as 8, depending on how it goes. Will need to sort a few bits at home before I leave but shouldn't take more than 1/2 an hour or so.
Would appreciate some dinner when I get to yours Vicky but can't speak for anyone else... jess will eat before we leave.

For those turning up before I get home... Richy will be here.

Helen if you want to meet up on the M6 I will Pm you my mobile number and just give me a ring:2thumbsup

See you all TOMORROW... Yippee!!!!

WildCards
23-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Kate will be up for some grubbins Vicky if it's on offer. You know what her appetite is like /help

Lillywotsername
23-11-2006, 02:50 PM
Kate will be up for some grubbins Vicky if it's on offer. You know what her appetite is like /help
Not a big as yours Steve...hehehehe.
I am cooking for you lot today so all will have to do is some rice and nuke the curry.

WildCards
23-11-2006, 02:55 PM
phwaor I don't know, she has her moments.

Alex
23-11-2006, 10:12 PM
K and I are aiming to get to tchez 'Rich' for 7 at the latest, although this might depend on trains etc. With any luck we should all be at chez Mann and ready to eat by 9.

Is that what you estimate Lilly?

If that's not too late Vicky, grub would be great.

Sooooooooooooooooo excited!!!

One day to go, one day to go! Woohoo! :party3: :5shots: :party: /Elmo :sunny: /Banana /Poms :chugchug: :beerchug: :bananadan /grouphug

Lillywotsername
23-11-2006, 10:17 PM
K and I are aiming to get to tchez 'Rich' for 7 at the latest, although this might depend on trains etc. With any luck we should all be at chez Mann and ready to eat by 9.

Is that what you estimate Lilly?
Might be going some babes..... I only have a spazcort and I may not get home from work till 8, hoping for 7.30 but all depends on how I get on.

Was looking at nearer 10 but will call Vicky before we leave.

Alex
23-11-2006, 10:18 PM
Sorry - getting carrier away in my excitement :)

Alex
26-11-2006, 07:58 PM
Well what a fantastic weekend! :2thumbsup K and I just got home, and are both totally knackered.

massive thank you to all the widows, and the other halves. Especially to Nick and Vicky, Lorraine and Richy for the use of their houses.

Roll on Shop Fest II :party3:

Lillywotsername
26-11-2006, 08:36 PM
What a fantastic weekend...........
Started friday night with me getting home at 7 to find Alex and kieren already here, ( I came in very upset as hit a cat in the spazcort 50 yrds from home, and would like to say a big thankyou to Alex for making me a coffee and for her support and to Richy for letting me sob on his shoulder.....:iloveyou: both)

Wild cards and Kate ( cleaning lady) turned up around 7.30 and we were on our way to Chez Mann by 8, we arrived at 9.15/30.
Huge thankyou to Vicky for the wonderful lasangne, chilled wine and cider that awaited us.

Saturday was shopping day..... we shopped, ate, then shopped again, what more can you ask for ( other than Jessica whinging and the nightmare ride home, I knew there was a reason for not taking public transport) it was a great day. We had a really nice curry Saturday night, drunk more wine talked about real meaningful things ( unlike you men that talk sh1t) and really got to know each other. We finally hit the sack at around midnightish as I had to be back to pick Adam up from Rugby.

What more can I say............... Except.......... Steve will you hurry up and get a ring on your dear ladies finger, You have a real Star there:2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :iloveyou:

Alex
26-11-2006, 08:38 PM
What more can I say............... Except.......... Steve will you hurry up and get a ring on your dear ladies finger, You have a real Star there:2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :iloveyou:

Too right :2thumbsup

Cleaning Lady
27-11-2006, 02:41 PM
Too right :2thumbsup

Thanks Guys:iloveyou:

WildCards
27-11-2006, 03:36 PM
/sigh

Alex
27-11-2006, 07:45 PM
/sigh

Is that the sound of contentment Steve?

Kieran
28-11-2006, 01:07 AM
Is that the sound of contentment Steve?

It's the sound of a man under pressure.... Soon he'll start to squeak! /STP /Devil5 :evilgrin: :evilgrin: