PDA

View Full Version : FS: VR4 on Ebay damaged £3800

thehedgepig
25-06-2006, 08:41 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1999-MITSUBISHI-GALANT-VR4_W0QQitemZ190001165636QQihZ009QQcategoryZ18230Q QtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

bradc
25-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Wheel arches, recaros, facelift mags on a prefacelift car that was supposedly made in 1999? hmmmmm. It even has the facelift caps on the bumper on the sides. Very interesting.

stuartturbo
25-06-2006, 09:19 PM
pre rear end
Super VR4??

Nick Mann
25-06-2006, 09:23 PM
The super didn't come with facelift wheels.

Something very strange about that car. I bet Mo buys it for peanuts!!

Kieran
25-06-2006, 09:25 PM
I think this very car has been discussed on here before - Simon explained the reg number issue - as I recall, it's just down to the DVLA sometimes cocking the registration up and putting the date of *import* down, rather than the date of manufacture for registration purposes.

thecustomer
25-06-2006, 10:09 PM
pre rear end

... with a facelift spoiler?

And did any pre-facelift cars have Recaros?
This car looks like it's been assembled from two - a pre-faceift shell, with facelift cosmetics - spoliers, wheels & seats...

I'm sure the seller's straight - has good reputation -
Hard to imagine that ebay reputation was earned selling cars from listings lke this one: the photos don't really show any details - the scratch down the driver's side, the slight damage to the bonnet, the dashboard (did airbags deploy?)

Will

soapy1978
25-06-2006, 11:39 PM
if you get it mo let me know as think i would take the seats off you if you brake it

darren

bradc
25-06-2006, 11:39 PM
no prefacelift cars had recaro's apart from the super's, and they didn't have those mags or the wheel arches. Very strange indeed

zedy1
26-06-2006, 02:50 AM
this car has been rear ended before /pan

bradc
26-06-2006, 02:53 AM
Zedy, so it could be a facelift with a prefacelift arse on it?

The Vee
26-06-2006, 04:32 AM
this car has been rear ended before /pan

Yep my thoughts too, maybe just got parts off a damaged pre face. (or somebody ordered the wrong ones/pan )

zedy1
26-06-2006, 08:57 AM
Zedy, so it could be a facelift with a prefacelift arse on it?

Yes Brad, This car was bought with a rear end and they bought a uk version tailgate but it didnt fit :inquisiti

dogwagon
29-06-2006, 11:00 PM
i have just got back from a day out around Brum , so i pre arranged to go view this controversial car !
In a reply to some questions, I was told:

i am stuggling to get a camera for close up pics, i borrowed my friends camera for tjis car and he is in tialand for 2 weeks. i cannot see the car having any problems passing the mot besides the cosmetic damage. the company name is new street tyres. unit 3 net street smethwick. b66 2aj.
im not sure what the mileage when it was imported was. but im 100% the milage is genuine. the damage i have told you about is not recorded although it was on a cat d when i bought it. your more than welcome to come and have a look at the car and you will see for yourself the car is in very veru good condition. im hoping my other friend drops me a camera off tomorrow for other bidding who have asked me the same question of close ups of the damage

There must have been another Leggie that I didnt see!

Scuffs & scratches all round!
Bumper bar dented twice.
rad slightly dented.
Drivers window shattered & bits left inside ... hope it doesnt rain!
Recaros & matching door panels ... red MOMO wheel, chromed Autobox selector panel.Carbon Trim in place of the Woodie stuff!
Hole in the dash where Double Din should be.
Front bumper thrown inside between the seats.
Bonnet dented & rusting along front edge PLUS multiple scraped scratches on upper surface too!
Tax expired in Jan i think ... looks like it's been standing a while too!
Doesnt LOOK like a Low Mileage example at all! No History .
TBH it needs a part ( but most of it!) Respray.£800 + ??
A damned good Valet. @ £40-50
window.£ ??
Bumper.£300
Rad if you are being Picky ( How much is one of those??)
Stereo ??
Bonnet ??
Due to no History, a FULL going Over Service - wise.
Cambelt.
Dont know if Aircon , AYC & TC ( if it has these ... i asked the Q but they did not reply !)etc works
MOT.£45 + Retest fee @ £45 ??
According to what I have read here, Tailgate to correct shape.£??
The car was parked up un a yard with other damaged cars , positioned so that it was difficult to get to look around it thoroughly.
I never bothered to check out whether things worked as it is virtually a Spares job, I think !!
Nice Recaros ... That's about the best thing I can say about it!!

If I had to value it, I would look at the amount of money i could get for it a Spare Parts if major stuff was Non Functional ... £1500 ??? you guys know better than I ...£££???

PS Gr8 site, Gr8 source of info , Gr8 People that I met at WRC ... Just become a Paid-up member ... Worth every penny!!!

caishanvr4
29-06-2006, 11:09 PM
Hi Dogwagon /Wyhy

Get some pics up of your VR4 :2thumbsup

g6acb
29-06-2006, 11:22 PM
Ola ickle Mira dude.... you took the plunge with the VR4 then .... ???

Kieran
29-06-2006, 11:24 PM
So, what we're saying is that this car is a bit of a woofity-woof. I would not however be surprised to see it appear in custody of one of our members on here ;)

dogwagon
30-06-2006, 01:25 AM
So, what we're saying is that this car is a bit of a woofity-woof. I would not however be surprised to see it appear in custody of one of our members on here ;)

I have been a bit naughty ... I messaged the one & only bidder & recommended that they should VIEW the car if at all poss ... if not then ask serious Q's ... and come on this Forum to see what everyone is saying about it!!

At least they have come clean with some of the Cloudy Bits ... cat d, further damage etc ... but the other stuff still gr8s !!

CaishanVR4 ... my Beastie is not too photogenic at the Mo ... a Valet / MOP has helped, but she is waiting for a new Bib to arrive & be fitted and some attention from the Nice Man who does Plastic Surgery 4 Cars ... MK AUTO SPRAY ... to spruce her up B4 she has her pic taken!

And g6acb, the 'Icle MIRA Classic is fine thanx ... !! Pics loaded ... but I dont see how the spec / info should be done ... expected a grid & got text!!

bradc
30-06-2006, 03:22 AM
sounds totally ****ed to me, no point in anyone buying it, other than for parts

I-S
30-06-2006, 08:44 AM
I've seen a 67k 1996 VR4 in fully working (and nice cosmetic condition) on AT for £3800 asking price in the past.

Dream Weaver
30-06-2006, 07:30 PM
Two words, well three actually.

CUT AND SHUT

WildCards
30-06-2006, 11:34 PM
Welcome Dogwagon. Congrats on the purchase and thannks for having a butchers at the car for the clubs benefit.

How does your lad like the VR-4 then? he seemed quite taken with alot of the cars at WRC, but most of all that drift spec SX. Anyway, it'll be good to see you at some/a meet this year, come along in whatever car is roadworthy and you know we'll make you feel welcome.

dogwagon
01-07-2006, 01:38 AM
Hi
thanx 4 the 'welcome' message ... Yes he LOVES the car ... and cant wait til I collect him from school in it!!
A Drift SX might be more interesting as a School Taxi, but the Leggie should run a close 2nd!
Even the Missus has commented that as Estate cars go ( & she has an inbuilt HATRED of Estates!!!) it looks ok ..." better than any other i've seen " !

That's my pleasure ... I wanna learn as much as poss about the Leggies, and seeing this Bodge Job in Brum was an Eye Opener!!
it really peeves me when people dont give accurate descriptions of their stuff on Ebay ... and when you are spending THAT sort of Dosh, it is even MORE important, isnt it???!!!

I wanted to go to the Santa Pod meet, but i found myself otherwise engaged ... would have taken the Mira & given them a laff!!

isnt there another Jap Show later in the summer??? Maybe see y'all there!!

In the meanwhile, anyone know if there is any other Leggies / owners in the milton Keynes area ... i am in SOX Jap Car Forum, and they have a Local Meet here every month or two ... to my knowledge I am the 1st Legnum owner in SOX !!

Dave

pS cheers for my Distinguished Road Rep Point!!!

richy rich
01-07-2006, 07:46 AM
hi dogwaggon

as said by Steve welcome to vr4 ownership and thank you for looking at this car and giving such a good report on it...

Nick Mann
01-07-2006, 09:32 AM
isnt there another Jap Show later in the summer??? Maybe see y'all there!!

In the meanwhile, anyone know if there is any other Leggies / owners in the milton Keynes area ... i am in SOX Jap Car Forum, and they have a Local Meet here every month or two ... to my knowledge I am the 1st Legnum owner in SOX !! Next big Japanese car meet is JAE, near Peterborough. See the events section. As said, you will be more than welcome!

I live near Brum, with parents near Luton, so often pass MK. Post up the details of the MK meets you go to - Not promising, but there have been good reports of it in the past and I would like to see it if I can.

Nutter_John
03-07-2006, 09:25 AM
I live in Luton but travel to MK at least 2 time a week as I work in Bletchley .

Let me know if your having a meet .

Cheers John

Rally205
03-07-2006, 10:25 AM
I just contacted the guy to ask if he would accept an offer on it. He said yes so I made him a reasonable offer and he politely told me where to stick it/pan :evilgrin:

talbone0
03-07-2006, 11:56 AM
for £3700 you can buy my VR4 AND its in good con and runs like a dream

Rally205
03-07-2006, 12:16 PM
I just asked him if he would break it and he said " No. Someone will buy it."

jesterjack
07-09-2006, 09:51 AM
so what is the conclusion on this car? not worth to buy it? well, how much u recognise it worth?

so it's an import car and with no history at all. how much does it cost for all the damaged? anyone knows?

many thanks!

bradc
07-09-2006, 10:05 AM
Nahh don't buy it, there are better options out there, have a look through the last month or two of posts in the UK for sale section.

jesterjack
07-09-2006, 10:12 AM
cheers man. but how much does it worth for this type of car now? i want to change my gls as i need more space on it now. thanks a lot!

ritch_w
07-09-2006, 11:13 AM
why are u even interested in it, u can get a proper road worthy prefacelift vr4 for £3k-ish if you speak to Mo or a decent facelift for £6K+

its worth £1500 - £2K to buy as a repair job (but it sounds like the guy wont sell for that) and will cost alot more than £1K to repair the front end, full respray, full engine and trans service, replace glass and all other bits & bobs missing

any you have no chance of selling it on (probably for a loss) to anyone from here.....

save yourself a load of hassle and buy a decent one from some one from the club - there are always a few for sale - but you may need to go through a few pages in the forsale section as there is tons of snash in there too

jesterjack
07-09-2006, 01:00 PM
thanks for your advise.