PDA

View Full Version : Question - On behalf of a new registered user

VR4 MAD
26-06-2006, 04:28 AM
A quick question regarding what a newly registered user should and shouldn't be able to see in the forums.

A friend has finally registered on Friday last week and was expecting to be able to see most areas of the forums apart from those in our members area.

For some reason he isn't able to see and access areas I would have expected him to be able too. Why would he only see the following forum sections - 'General', 'Other Galant Models' and the 'CVR4 Website' areas./pan

I regularly see registered users posting in areas such as UK and NZ areas, VR-4 Technical etc so I would have expected him to be able to as well. Why would this be? Any ideas guys./help

We've checked the security and cookies settings in his Internet Explorer and they appear to be OK.

What gives?:speechles

Cheers for your help.

The Vee
26-06-2006, 05:01 AM
That sounds like only the forums available if you're not logged in....................

VR4 MAD
26-06-2006, 05:51 AM
That sounds like only the forums available if you're not logged in....................

Thanks for the quick reply.

He sent me a couple of screen shots which clearly show that the CVR4 site had him logged in as his user name shows in the "Forum Activity - Currently Active Users" at the bottom of the forum list. Also the "Last Post" column isn't showing any enters other than the word "Private". Hope that helps a bit.

Still not sure what's going on yet.

Cheers.

Nick Mann
26-06-2006, 10:08 AM
Has his acount been okayed? Please can you tell us his username?