PDA

View Full Version : Dealers advertising on the website

Brunty
27-06-2006, 10:47 AM
There have been a few posts in the for sale section recently from people selling cars which aren't even Mitsubushi's let alone Galants. As the profile of CVR4 grows I think we'll start to see more spammers using the For Sale section and more dealers abusing it:

This one for example (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17366)

May I suggest that the terms and conditions are amended to include a statement that traders and dealers using the site to advertise will be charged for the privilige?

Additionally it would be handy to sticky the actually Galant adverts up until they are sold - or would this require too much 'management'?

Cheers

Brunty

WildCards
27-06-2006, 12:59 PM
It's all in hand Steve, the boss has something uber good up his sleeve to sort this all out, don't be worrying matey!

BraindG
27-06-2006, 01:24 PM
yeah, ive said this ages ago, and ive been really slack actually. But the classifieds will cater for this.

Paul Beazer
27-06-2006, 01:56 PM
I totally agree with Steve regarding the Legacy posting!
I realise the dealer is an importer, so would be useful to keep him on side, but i just feel its abusing the site to try and sell a Sabaru here!/pan
Hopefully the solution will be effective in sorting this sort of abuse, i realise thats its not a major thing, but spamming is really starting to bug me!

MPBVr4
27-06-2006, 02:11 PM
All been said :thumbsup:

WildCards
27-06-2006, 03:39 PM
Hopefully the solution will be effective in sorting this sort of abuse

The committee have discussed this, we've bought a baseball bat and a monthly rover ticket on national public transport and wondered if you fancied 'educating' people as to the Club's feelings :p

Paul Beazer
27-06-2006, 09:18 PM
Yep! Im in :smash: :evil2: :rifle: /GJ

BraindG
27-06-2006, 10:29 PM
The committee have discussed this, we've bought a baseball bat and a monthly rover ticket on national public transport and wondered if you fancied 'educating' people as to the Club's feelings :p
Please refrain for discussing private committe threads in public.

WildCards
28-06-2006, 11:47 AM

:oops: /YMaster /haz

Wodjno
28-06-2006, 11:49 AM
There have been a few posts in the for sale section recently from people selling cars which aren't even Mitsubushi's let alone Galants. As the profile of CVR4 grows I think we'll start to see more spammers using the For Sale section and more dealers abusing it:

This one for example (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17366)

May I suggest that the terms and conditions are amended to include a statement that traders and dealers using the site to advertise will be charged for the privilige?

Additionally it would be handy to sticky the actually Galant adverts up until they are sold - or would this require too much 'management'?

Cheers

Brunty

I haven't got a problem with people advertising there "PERSONAL cars on here. :inquisiti

But dealers is a "NO NO"/Grrr Unless they pay a Fee :D

Paul Beazer
28-06-2006, 12:02 PM
You are joking right?!

Brunty
28-06-2006, 12:26 PM
You are joking right?!

I think he might be /haz

The committee have discussed this, we've bought a baseball bat and a monthly rover ticket on national public transport and wondered if you fancied 'educating' people as to the Club's feelings

Kieran
28-06-2006, 12:56 PM
I haven't got a problem with people advertising there "PERSONAL cars on here. :inquisiti

Me neither, provided they contribute back. I think that there have been some in the past that haven't. I don't see why people expect, and should get a free add when they put nothing in.

Though the twit trying to sell that broken 3000GT in the USA was hilarious /lol

Paul Beazer
28-06-2006, 02:00 PM
Oh yeah that was a goodie. He :iloveyou: Kieran!

bernmc
29-06-2006, 08:07 AM
and my six eggs... apart from agreeing with the above, part of the appeal of this forum is that we're generally civil to each other, or at least abusive in a good natured way. When we get occasional sellers who start posting
...what is your problem anyway either you want to buy the car or you dont why start cryin an moanin coz im selling it?????

seriously though some people are just plain nosy,busybody f**ckers

[...]replys in a SAE to 10 idontcare road amibothered UK it's just not acceptable. I know Kieran posted a warning, but personally, I would have like to have seen the bloke warned, told to tidy up the post and/or the thread closed.

:|:|:| The sooner I take over the world, the better it'll be for everyone :|:|:|

Kieran
29-06-2006, 09:53 AM
:|:|:| The sooner I take over the world, the better it'll be for everyone :|:|:|

And there'll be no wars, no fighting and no crime..... The Ubermind will guide us all!:evilgrin:

bernmc
29-06-2006, 11:50 AM
And there'll be no wars, no fighting and no crime..... The Ubermind will guide us all!:evilgrin:

There bloody well will be wars - for my entertainment only though. Nothing like popping a cruise missile down someone's chimney to brighten up your day.

And in addition to earlier ranting, any f**cker calling anyone else a f**cker on this forum should be instantly f**cking banned!

Now where did I put those pills uploaded/1552/1151578154.gif

WildCards
29-06-2006, 12:50 PM
Lets not Alienate traders in general though. Before too long we may well be benefiting from added revenure they create. Granted this chap was out of order saying what he did, but the situtaion could have been handled differently IMO.

Paul Beazer
29-06-2006, 05:25 PM
I think Kierans posting put things back on track, but i does seem like certain parties are abusing our normally placid and tolerant nature.... Im with Bern all the way on this one.
At least have the decency to show some respect on a forum you're only using to sell your wares!

WildCards
29-06-2006, 07:33 PM
At least have the decency to show some respect on a forum you're only using to sell your wares!

/yes

Kieran
29-06-2006, 08:11 PM
I think Kierans posting put things back on track, but i does seem like certain parties are abusing our normally placid and tolerant nature.... Im with Bern all the way on this one.

Can't argue with that!:happy:

Brunty
30-06-2006, 12:27 AM
Can't argue with that!:happy:

Can.

Load of bollocks/pan

:2thumbsup

SKOL