PDA

View Full Version : Hello

AliA
27-06-2006, 07:13 PM
Hi guys,

I currently own a civic type-r (for 3 years) and a honda beat (small 2 seater import). I was browsing type-r.org a couple of days ago and noticed vampirej selling his legnum. Due to my other half being up the duff :) I am considering getting rid of my civic and getting something bigger and not as hard a ride, but still want to keep up some performance.

So I'm just weighing up all of my options and having a look around to see whats available and if I really want to get rid of my civic. I must say I am impressed by the specs of these cars.

I've got a while yet to decide what I want to do, but I'll be keeping my eyes peeled.

I'll be going to JAE again this year so hopefully I'll get chance to look up some of you guys and have a nose around some of your cars if you don't mind.

Nick VR4
27-06-2006, 07:35 PM
Hi ALiA /Welcome2 to the forum

Plenty of Info on the site

richy rich
27-06-2006, 07:50 PM
I'll be going to JAE again this year so hopefully I'll get chance to look up some of you guys and have a nose around some of your cars if you don't mind.
/Welcome /Welcome2 your welcome to come and have a look and chat at JAE
rich

AliA
27-06-2006, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. :)

Btw I live in Newcastle-Under-Lyme so not too far away from you richy rich.

Where do you get your car serviced? Holdcroft Mitsubishi? I use their Honda dealership up in Cobridge and after a pretty crap start a couple of years ago over the last 12 months they have been pretty decent.

*edited*

just read your sig lol :)

Lillywotsername
27-06-2006, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. :)

Btw I live in Newcastle-Under-Lyme so not too far away from you richy rich.

Where do you get your car serviced? Holdcroft Mitsubishi? I use their Honda dealership up in Cobridge and after a pretty crap start a couple of years ago over the last 12 months they have been pretty decent.

*edited*

just read your sig lol :)

Rich's workshop is just outside of cheadle so not far at all from you.
Jimbo lives in Wolstanton somewhere and he is a regular at WRD.

ps. I am richy's widow

Nick Mann
27-06-2006, 08:11 PM
Welcome to CVR4. You will be more than welcome to have a nose around our cars at JAE. Bring some food for the BBQ and you can join in with that too! However, any more quotes like this
...but still want to keep up some performance.will be taken as though you mean that a CTR is quicker than a VR4 and you will be poked in the eye good and proper!! :p

Seriously - if you are considering a sensible Legnum VR4 then you need to experience one. You will no longer worry about the level of performance.

richy rich
27-06-2006, 08:22 PM
as you are so close you are welcome to take the passanger seat in mine /Steeringw

AliA
27-06-2006, 08:26 PM
Wow nice to see some locals (I live 5 minutes from wolstanton)

@ Nick /pan I was just implying that I may need a bigger car, and would like to keep up some form of performance. Not neccesarily implying that a civic is anything other than a fast bread delivery van. :)

As I mention I'm just looking around and weighing up some options so I can make some sort of educated decision. But I must say I'm smitten with the legnum :)

Rich I'll send you a PM.

Nick Mann
27-06-2006, 08:31 PM
@ Nick /pan

Beaten around the head so quickly? LOL! Welcome to the club!! Enjoy your suicide seat with Rich.

bradc
27-06-2006, 08:42 PM
Welcome, and congrats on the upcoming new member of the family.

I'm sure you'll find the performance and ride of a Legnum are both a bit of a step up from the civic, hope you enjoy meeting some of the uk members when you see them.

vampirej
27-06-2006, 08:52 PM
Hey Ali... Good to see you here mate...
As you know, I had the EP3 before this as well.
Why are you selling it? Thought you had an eye set on that Mustang GT a while ago... LOL

AliA
27-06-2006, 09:01 PM
Nick sorry mate :p lol

brad - thanks we're both looking forward to impending parenthood.

Vampirej - You might have me mixed up with Ali the scottish vet who likes his Corvettes, but I do remember you from the forums :).

vampirej
27-06-2006, 09:14 PM
Sorry mate, all the forum names are sooo similar to one another and anything on the north of the M25 is another country to me... LOL

Jimbo
04-07-2006, 04:12 PM
Hi Ali, good to see another N.Staffs CVR4 registration - hope you get a Legnum/Galant matey, they're quicker on paper that the CTR, but there's not a great deal in it if my infrequent and brief "races" are anything to go by - it's just the "extras" that you get on the VR4 that make it so good - 4WD, active rear diff, etc. Any sensible car that can get round the Ring in less than 9m30 with me at the wheel is a damn fine car in my book :2thumbsup

BTW I'm not in Wolstanton Lors, I'm just the other side of the D-road in Tunstall.

I feel another mini-meet in the brewing stage :happy:

BraindG
04-07-2006, 05:05 PM
/Wyhy /Welcome

:afro: :pimp2:

AliA
08-07-2006, 06:39 PM
Hi jimbo, I work in Tunstall and think I must pass you going the opposite way quite often (yours is a dark blue/purple colour?) either on the Reg mitch way or think I've seen you on little chell lane before too. Next time I see you I'll give you a flash, mines silver BTW.

Rich took me out in his last weekend and I was very impressed.

Anyway I'm still looking around, keepeing my eyes open.

thanks for the welcome Brain :)

Jimbo
10-07-2006, 10:11 PM
There's two round my way Ali, not sure who the other chap is (I've waved at him a few times, but don't think he's ever been on here) - he's got a 51 plate trigger mauve (purple) saloon, and mine is the V-reg dark blue one with a ring sticker on the boot.

Reginald Mitchell way - my own private test track, esp the up-hill bit ;) I mean it's an homage isn't it? Not that my car sounds much like a spitfire when it's pulling 7K, but I try :D

Lillywotsername
13-07-2006, 06:25 PM
BTW I'm not in Wolstanton Lors, I'm just the other side of the D-road in Tunstall.

Sorry James I stand corrected. maybe it was all the talk of Asda that got me confused.:5shots: :5shots: :5shots: