PDA

View Full Version : JAE Food

Vicky Mann
27-06-2006, 08:03 PM
It’s not long til JAE and in Lorraine’s words the CVR4 Widows pretty much had Japshow licked with our organisation of food etc, and that was with not even really talking to each other about it before hand. So…………………. to try and make life easier for everyone we thought it’d be nice to eat together and have come up with a cunning menu:

-Fri Dinner (depending on when people are arriving), BBQ (Chicken?)
-Sat Breakfast, cereal and toast (will have two grills this time, honest a new gas bottle is on my shopping list!)
-Sat Lunch, BBQ (Burgers?)
-Sat Dinner, BBQ (Sausages?)
-Sun Breakfast, fry-up (bacon, sausages, eggs, beans, mushrooms, toast)
-Sun Lunch, ? maybe say fend for ourselves and get something there so it’s easier when it comes to packing away, or leftovers

As you all know how much you and your families will get through we thought everyone could take their own food and then put it in to the pot. We’ll also be taking salads and other bits and pieces.

Shout out if you want to join us or have any other ideas.

richy rich
27-06-2006, 08:18 PM
3 course meal pls /haz oh and choc/brown's

g6acb
27-06-2006, 08:53 PM
I was intending to bring a camping gaz 2 burner and grill - just need to 'liberate' it from my mums cellar.....:thinking:

We'll be there Friday night, Saturday night but may need to chip early on Sunday....

ANTHONY
27-06-2006, 10:00 PM
i'll bring some food with me saturday morning i'll be there just in time for breakfeast

Kieran
27-06-2006, 10:52 PM
Hey Vicky! /Wyhy I'll leave the Guv'nor to respond to this one - I'm not known for my skills in the organisation department!!

BraindG
27-06-2006, 10:54 PM
could i have some beer? :D

richy rich
27-06-2006, 10:54 PM
could i have some beer? :D
no you can't (tents)

Alex
27-06-2006, 11:07 PM
Hi Vicky, as you know I think this is a great idea! :2thumbsup

We will be bringing washing up stuff (bowl, liquid, cloths, tea towels), so people don't need to bother with that. We also have a few extra plates etc that we can bring, but if people do have suitable plates then it's probably best to bring those.

Can't think of anything else right now - but will keep an eye on this thread. :happy:

WildCards
28-06-2006, 12:26 PM
We'll fend for ourselves if that's ok. Partly because I have such a small appetite :p, and partly because we're not sure whether we'll be attending.

Although if your BBQ skills are an extension of your cooking skills, i'll be green with envy.

Nick Mann
28-06-2006, 01:49 PM
We'll fend for ourselves if that's ok. Partly because I have such a small appetite :p, and partly because we're not sure whether we'll be attending.

Although if your BBQ skills are an extension of your cooking skills, i'll be green with envy.

Err.... Steve? Have you missed the point? The idea is to bring your own food but we all cook it and eat it as a group. So you won't necessarily eat your own sausages, but we all eat them as they become available. Otherwise it ends up with each group of people cooking their food and eating it in turn. So I watch you and Kate eat, then Kieran and Alex, then Vicky and I have a go, then Barry etc... The idea is we all eat at the same time.

So, if we all bring sausages for saturday then we can cook a bucket load of sausages and people can eat them as they are cooked. It makes it easy and sociable, plus it keeps it fair - you bring the right amount for your appetite so it doesn't matter if you turn up or not!

WildCards
28-06-2006, 02:39 PM
Err.... Steve? Have you missed the point?

Me? miss the point... never!

Yep, sorry mate, thanks for clearing that all up :iloveyou: I read it as a bunch of you supplying the grubbins and the rest of us chipping in some dosh. I got the eating together part though. Just trying to tee you up for another rendition of 'you ate all the pies' directed towards me.

Lillywotsername
28-06-2006, 02:44 PM
Pleased you got what we are trying to say now Steve....

Vicky has just posted the grub ideas so that we are all eating the same sort of stuff rather than some eating steak and others eating bangers ( no Not the scoobie type either)

I think a free for all policy is a fantastic idea as it really built on the club spirit at the last meet and gives us all a chance to really get to know those peeps that we don't always have chance to chat to for one reason or another.

WildCards
28-06-2006, 02:49 PM
Cheers Lorraine, tis a good idea, we're onboard.

ANTHONY
17-07-2006, 11:58 PM
so now that sadly vicky cannot attend is the plan still the same

BraindG
18-07-2006, 12:05 AM
Still sounds good too me!.. ill have to dig out my coolbox though...

Lillywotsername
18-07-2006, 08:34 AM
Now that we have lost Vicky and Alex, is there any chance that any one has another camping stove. We will be bringing ours but to be honest I don't relish trying to sort a cooked brekkie for us all on one stove. Also a gas BBQ would be fantastic. We are bringing 4 disposables but the more the merrier.

Could someone please volunteer to bring W/Up bowl and cloth ect. I would do it but to be honest we are going to be stacked to the brim as it is.

The cool box will be coming full with food and will also bring tea/coffee if any one has a camping kettle.
This is so hard now as Alex and Vicky had so much stuff it made for a very easy life. i am in awe of you both/notworthy

BraindG
18-07-2006, 01:47 PM
hmmm, perhaps we should put together a list of what we need? then who evers going can say, mememeem ill take that one!

Nick Mann
18-07-2006, 01:58 PM
Our equipment can be leant out, but someone needs to collect it by tomorrow evening. Is that useful?

Lillywotsername
18-07-2006, 02:52 PM
hmmm, perhaps we should put together a list of what we need? then who evers going can say, mememeem ill take that one!
I will sort out what i think we will need tonight.

BraindG
18-07-2006, 03:20 PM
I will sort out what i think we will need tonight.
mega, superdooper :2thumbsup

Lillywotsername
18-07-2006, 03:23 PM
OK I have 10mins so I thought I would sort out some of the list.

We need................

2 camping stoves min. We have 1.
Gas BBQ
Washing up bowl, tea towels. cloth, w/up liquid.
Table and chairs.... We have one table and 4 seats + 2 collapsible chairs.
Disposable BBQs
Cool Boxes with ice blocks.
Tea + Coffee
2 Kettles if poss.
camping pans.... we have a set of 3 small pans but more would be good if poss
Milk
Bread and Bread rolls
Water Bags or containers
Plates, knives and forks, mugs ect.

Thats it for now. If anyone can think of anything else please post it. I have a brain block at the mo.

WildCards
18-07-2006, 04:09 PM
I know i'm not eating with you guys but thought I could make a few suggestions to your list Lorraine, hope you don't mind:

Sugar
Cooking Utensils
Cordial (or juice of some variety)
Ketchup
Manly brown sauce
Habanero sauce (if your in the mood)
Bins bags

REMEMBER THE SUNCREAM!!

g6acb
18-07-2006, 05:49 PM
I'm taking a camping gaz 2 burner and grill..... at work at mo so gotta go/pan

AderC
18-07-2006, 07:38 PM
We've got a shiny new portable BBQ thingy (charcoal rather than gas) so that will be coming with us.

Oh and a bottle or two of the new Branston tomato and red pepper relish as well...

aDe

richy rich
18-07-2006, 07:56 PM
I'm taking a camping gaz 2 burner and grill..... at work at mo so gotta go/pan

Thanks that will be great

Yum sounds fantastic.... Thanks Adrian

psbarham
18-07-2006, 08:40 PM
i've got a gas barby we can bring over , we're not camping , but we can leave it with you all on saturday night if peeps want it

Lillywotsername
18-07-2006, 08:46 PM
i've got a gas barby we can bring over , we're not camping , but we can leave it with you all on saturday night if peeps want it
That would be great if you could.... Will make brekkie easier sunday morning:2thumbsup

psbarham
18-07-2006, 09:28 PM
That would be great if you could.... Will make brekkie easier sunday morning:2thumbsup
i'll dig it out and the gas cyl

ANTHONY
18-07-2006, 09:56 PM
dont forget loads of bottles of water i'm gonna bring loads (for own use) and beer

BraindG
18-07-2006, 10:04 PM
K, ill be in charge of the bread, water and Washing up bowl, tea towels, w/up liquid.

2 x loafs of bread.
36 x Rolls
20 x 1 ltrs of Water
1 x washing up bowl
2 x Tea towls
1 x washing up liquid.

Hows that sound?

And ill bring food for me (but will add to pot)
12 x sausages
2 x packs bacon
8 x Burgers

Lillywotsername
19-07-2006, 09:07 AM
K, ill be in charge of the bread, water and Washing up bowl, tea towels, w/up liquid.

2 x loafs of bread.
36 x Rolls
20 x 1 ltrs of Water
1 x washing up bowl
2 x Tea towls
1 x washing up liquid.

Hows that sound?

And ill bring food for me (but will add to pot)
12 x sausages
2 x packs bacon
8 x Burgers
Sounds great Barry. Thanks for the imput:iloveyou:

We will bring
2 x loaves of bread
2/3 Tins mushrooms
2/3 Tins Beans and tin toms
Bread rolls
Sausages
bacon
1doz eggs
Some salad stuff
Tom sauce/ brown sauce/curry tom sauce/salad dressing
Some bacon/sausages/burgers/chichen drummers ect.
Coffee/tea/suger/sweetners ect
And all things already mentioned.

richy rich
19-07-2006, 07:18 PM
ffs misses were taking the leggy not the transit

Lillywotsername
19-07-2006, 07:33 PM
Oh up your bottem sideways mate!!!!!!!

ANTHONY
19-07-2006, 08:11 PM
i'm gonna bring
food,
small gas cooker
12v/240v fridge box
water
beer
soft drinks
and some chuck away bbq's

ANTHONY
19-07-2006, 08:51 PM
has any body got 1 of these 12v power pack things? so i can keep my 12v fridge box going with out draining a car battery.....

g6acb
19-07-2006, 08:53 PM
has any body got 1 of those 12v power pack things? so i can keep my 12v fridge box going with out draining a car battery

How much beer space would a power pack thing get me???:5shots:

ANTHONY
19-07-2006, 08:55 PM
How much beer space would a power pack thing get me???:5shots: it aint that big but will keep the food cold

AderC
19-07-2006, 09:02 PM
The portable BBQ we just bought turned out to be broke when we came to assemble it and they hadn't got any more in stock. Will bring some throwaway ones.

There was a supermarket (can't remember which one though) reasonably near the site which we used last year - I think we'll be getting our supplies once we're down there and the tent is pitched. We'll hopefully be arriving mid-afternoon on Friday.

aDe

g6acb
19-07-2006, 09:18 PM
There is a big Tesco not to far away.....

g6acb
19-07-2006, 09:21 PM
it aint that big but will keep the food cold

Was only kidding... was bringing it anyway because i can't be arsed pumping air beds up...... not sure how long it will run a fridge for though but fill your boots

Kieran
19-07-2006, 10:00 PM
/haz /catfight /grr /pan

ANTHONY
19-07-2006, 10:13 PM
Was only kidding... was bringing it anyway because i can't be arsed pumping air beds up...... not sure how long it will run a fridge for though but fill your boots i may go out and get 1 anyway for that reason....(air beds and fridge) .....so if we have 2 one site we should be ok

BraindG
20-07-2006, 08:42 AM
im hoping to not need to leave site all weekend :D - so ill be purchasing all meh stuff friday morning ;)

oooh, i cannea wait now!.. so excited!. /Banana /Banana /Banana /Banana /Banana /Banana

WildCards
22-07-2006, 08:40 PM
Jesus, I can see why you guys take your own food! I've spent £30 today only on grubbins for me and the kids. Streuth!!!

Lillywotsername
23-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Jesus, I can see why you guys take your own food! I've spent £30 today only on grubbins for me and the kids. Streuth!!!

Steve there was more food than all of us could have eaten. So much was chucked away because it hadn't been used up...
In future, join in with us if you stay, but if just you and the kids again, I or someone could have rustled s up something for you all and it not cost you a penny.

Ps your kids were so sweet done up to look like vampires. ( steve put factor 5000 sun block on them and they were completely white)

WildCards
23-07-2006, 10:40 PM
Steve there was more food than all of us could have eaten. So much was chucked away because it hadn't been used up...
In future, join in with us if you stay, but if just you and the kids again, I or someone could have rustled s up something for you all and it not cost you a penny.

Ps your kids were so sweet done up to look like vampires. ( steve put factor 5000 sun block on them and they were completely white)

Cheers lorraine :2thumbsup