PDA

View Full Version : ohh dear not good

KEENY
30-06-2006, 08:36 PM
i just had my car come back from mitsubishi for a couple of things that i wasnt happy with. and they gave me a list of other things that might need sorting.

1. brakes juddering (cant say i notice it)

2. lose wiring under stearing wheel (due to my new alarm fitting. i ran out of cable ties)

3. a new gear box has been fitted and needs to be checked over as it wasnt done by mitsubishi. (was done by previous owner)

4 (and this is the worst bit) every time the car goes over a speed hump something from under the car slides foward and makes a banging sound. (to be honest i always thought it was the car grounding)

anyone have any thoughts on number 4?

Nick VR4
30-06-2006, 08:44 PM
4 (and this is the worst bit) every time the car goes over a speed hump something from under the car slides foward and makes a banging sound. (to be honest i always thought it was the car grounding)

anyone have any thoughts on number 4?

Mmm check your spare tyre or jack or is not shifting about just a thought

KEENY
30-06-2006, 08:48 PM
have just checked the spare and its fine, there is nothing else thumping about as the car is always empty,

Funkstar
30-06-2006, 08:55 PM
That's an odd one Keeney. Not having much luck are you mate.

Can't even start to think what that would be. Is your exhaust loose or hangin low? Is you back seat properly secured? Rear suspension clunking?

Have you changed a rear wheel recently. Are the nuts tightened properly.

Kieran
30-06-2006, 09:20 PM
Well, it's got to be something loose - can't be anything terminal, surely. Is it only on the 'up' of the bump, the 'down' or both?

Whereabouts does the banging sound come from?

KEENY
30-06-2006, 10:08 PM
its when i come down from something like a speed bump. it comes from the underside of the car. somewhere between where i sit and the front of the car.

must be around there somewhere for me to think the car was grounding.

i wonder if it has anything to do with the new gear box being installed.

mpau009
30-06-2006, 10:22 PM
Does anything happen when you brake on level ground? Nothing loose under the dash with all those wires and bit?
If its only on a speed bump, then i would be inclined to think it would be suspension related. I guess they would have checked over most of the nuts and bolts / bushes when they serviced it, but maybe a loose sway bar link? I accidentally left one loose when i swapped supension on my first car, and it would clunk going over potholes and things. Other than that i cant really help. Good luck getting it sorted.

KEENY
01-07-2006, 07:58 AM
well i guess it will be going back to mitsubishi and letting them sort it out. more money i dont have. Doh!

strapping young lad
01-07-2006, 08:03 AM
nothing in your glove box or door pockets?

or a rogue screwdriver sitting on wing?

richy rich
01-07-2006, 08:05 AM
its when i come down from something like a speed bump. it comes from the underside of the car. somewhere between where i sit and the front of the car.

must be around there somewhere for me to think the car was grounding.

i wonder if it has anything to do with the new gear box being installed.
sounds like a loose/ broken xorst rubber

richy rich
01-07-2006, 08:07 AM
3. a new gear box has been fitted and needs to be checked over as it wasnt done by mitsubishi. (was done by previous owner)
y would they need to do that for just £'s for mitsi

KEENY
01-07-2006, 12:20 PM
i dont keep anything in the glove box or anywhere else. i hate clutter lol. what ever it is its a very lound scraping type of bang. loud and vibrating enough for me to think the car is grounding out. trust me chaps it cant be mistaken for a mars bar in the glove box. lol

wezg
01-07-2006, 04:04 PM
This may sound really stupid but is your car fitted with mitsi mud guards???
mine strike the ground going over bumps and that took me a while to figure out as it did not sound like you would imagine but it did sound like the car was grounding out ....

check it out ..worth a try!!!

stuey
01-07-2006, 06:55 PM
Loose gearbox mounts ??..

orionn2o
09-07-2006, 03:40 PM
engine loose?

SGHOM
09-07-2006, 03:44 PM
engine loose?

screw loose ?

colVR4
09-07-2006, 04:55 PM
Could be a loose heat shield on the underside of the exhaust. I had similar issues with my last car. Fixed it with a couple of big jubilee clips :)