PDA

View Full Version : Best online flights, car hire, hotel booking sites like lastminute.com ???

Brind
23-10-2003, 10:59 PM
I've been searching for flights and car hire sites, come across endless sites under the wing of Lastminute.com who actually appear to be the cheapest I've found.
Expedia are noticably dearer for flights.

Used Travel4Less and Carhire4Less last year.. and what a bunch of w**kers they were!! booked the flights but received no tickets, they wouldn't answer the phone, luckily the flight was booked and we simply picked up the tickets from the airport.
As for the car hire... DO NOT USE THE COMPANY ABOVE!!!!!!!!!! :nono: :nono: you are meant to receive a voucher which you present to the hire car company , phoned endless amounts of time, but 9 times out of 10 they wouldn't answer the phone, the 1 time, they were very polite and said they will send a voucher promtly! like hell they did! we ran out of time and had to see what the hire car company would say to no voucher... needless to say, no voucher no car, we weren't even booked, took our money though!! so no option but to re-hire there and then and it ended up costing a lot more than we already payed.
Trying to get our money back was like trying to get blood from a stone, set the credit card company on them and even they had a fight!! eventually got some money back even though we had concrete proof of what happend, didn't get all the money back though and took several months too.. bastards!

Erm.... went slight off track there. :D

Back to the above.. anyone know of a place that is reliable and can match or better still beat Lastminute.com????

Cheers.

Nick VR4
24-10-2003, 08:46 AM
Have you tried using Teletext ?

Chose your holiday phone them up get a price
Some do have web sites too
Then phone a few more up you can barter with them
Saying oh so and so quoted me xxx , can you do better

This was on Watchdog a while ago and this was the best way
:cool:

the_boy
24-10-2003, 10:40 AM
Use Easyjet site, you can book a flight through them and there is a link to Octopus from there where you can book your hotel. They give star ratings, distances, location of amenities etc

Went though them for my trip to Prague and it was very straightforward and easy to do.

If you don't want to use Easyjet you can just go straight to the Octopus site and book your hotel.

Easy as 1....2.....3 :cool:

Brind
24-10-2003, 08:59 PM
Thanks alot guys! :)

calum
25-10-2003, 09:41 PM
for uk, europe or us?

Calum

Brind
26-10-2003, 07:10 PM
Europe - Germany for this instance but looking for flights to Thailand in the not too distant future aswell.

calum
26-10-2003, 09:03 PM
Can be good for long haul flights:
http://www.bridgetheworld.com

For hotels in US INSERT INTO post VALUES (never tried it for other countries):
http://www.hotels.com

General:
http://www.uk.mytravel.com

And loads others that I can't remember just now.

Calum

Brind
27-10-2003, 01:52 AM
Thanks alot mate, I'll have a look at those tomorrow.:)