PDA

View Full Version : Possum Vs VR4

detonate
01-07-2006, 05:30 AM
Arse.

On the way to Ohakune on friday night, possum decided to have a chat with my front bumper /Grrr

So now I've lost the little middle bit that all VR's lose /pan and the front right quarter of the bumper is all smashed up and dangling.

(Will get pics later)

So the question is...

get it repaired?
Source a 2nd hand one (in meister blue or I have to get it painted)
or use it as an excuse to spend money and get a custom front, (will then also serve as an incentive to acquire a shiny front mount too :D

Kenneth, Brad, how much did your ones end up costing you all up? (I know Kenneth had to do some jigarypokery to make it match or some such?)

Kenneth
01-07-2006, 07:18 AM
mine was a cash job, cost $900 for fitting, modifying and painting. The bumper itsself was an additional $650

NAUSED
01-07-2006, 08:38 AM
yo man my cuz has a panel beaters in the west side avondale near fbi performance the driveway next to the tyre shop and you have fbi on the other side "kalabo motors" hes good at fibeglassing.

bradc
01-07-2006, 09:58 AM
That sucks dude, I smacked one in my old car at about 140kmh and the bumper was fine. Sounds like a good excuse to get a new one fitted :D

Robotnik123
02-07-2006, 01:14 AM
That sucks dude, I smacked one in my old car at about 140kmh and the bumper was fine. Sounds like a good excuse to get a new one fitted :D

Maybe our galant bumpers are brittler than other cars? Eg. I remember driving down Haast way on the West Coast of the South Island, last year in my BMW 540i. I probably ran over 5 large possums that night at well over 100km/h and there wasn't a mark on my bumper.

bradc
02-07-2006, 04:49 AM
That was in my old Legnum which had a facelift vr-4 front bumper

GroundControl
02-07-2006, 11:48 PM
Munched deto-bumper

maori_by_nature
03-07-2006, 07:56 AM
at auto salon i came accross a vendor who had 2 different body kits 1 was the full virsion of kenneth's and the other was the same as bluey's both 4 about $1200 i can get the name address etc from home if you intersted

Paul Beazer
03-07-2006, 08:34 PM
I hit a badger once in my old ford sierra at 60mph. Cracked the front bumper and bent / split the rad!
Still fell guilty about the badger.

MunkyWrench
28-08-2006, 05:44 AM
i did the same to mine, except with a small dirt pile instead of a possum. (gravel snakeys). How much would it cost to get this plastic welded? $100?

Gly
28-08-2006, 06:00 AM
depeends on who you take it to a what kind of job they do,

ie weld both front and back... and what kinda finish.

then theres paint, count on at least $200 for that only...

in the end its gonna cost you at least $400 for a good repair job

Xeroid
28-08-2006, 10:32 AM
I hit a badger once in my old ford sierra at 60mph. Cracked the front bumper and bent / split the rad!
Still fell guilty about the badger.

Possums over here are regarded as noxious pests so I used to aim for them in the Camry, got 5 on one trip to Gisborne through the gorge. Bloody Australian imports...../Steeringw
They have got hard damn heads though, hit one in a PA Vauxhall many years ago and it broke the exhaust off./JawDroppi Possum wasn't too happy either..

Don't think I'd want to hit one in the Legnum, that bumper is lightweight up front, it's an airdam, not a road scraper ( although sometimes I wonder )