PDA

View Full Version : mmcs cd player problems

woodeye
01-07-2006, 06:28 AM
hello

I seem to have a problem with my cd stacker and mmcs unit after going in for its service when i push the cd button it comes up with a message as per pic and there is cds in the stacker in the boot and it use to work also the radio now is fuzzy and sounds like its going of stations all the time. has any body ever had this problem before.

Kieran
01-07-2006, 09:31 AM
That message appears on mine. It means CD player disconnected I think. The fact that you've also lost radio makes me wonder if you've a loose plug on the back of the MMCS unit. The CD and radio aerial leads are next to each other, on the back of the tape player bit.

bradc
01-07-2006, 09:56 AM
That would be my guess too, maybe there is a loose plug somewhere

woodeye
02-07-2006, 06:45 AM
great it works again

I pulled the mmcs unit apart there is two wires one red and one yellow both have a fuse in the line the yellow one was plug in but the other red one must of came off some hell. (as per pic) It looks to me like the wire was never soldered to the plug but just raped around a blue wire into the head unit.

I only thing thats still not working is the radio it is still fuzzy some stations (some times) are ok. But it goes onto station and they goes fuzzy again.

woodeye
03-07-2006, 10:08 AM
good news and bad news

now that i have my cd stacker working again I still cannot get the radio to work
there seems to be not lose wires at all. I remembed that i had a pioneer deh 1550 head unit from my last car (mitsubishi libero) and had the right wire loom adaptor on it. I pluged it in and the radio works fine the problem I have now is
the the aircon on the mmcs screen doesnt show up and the touch screen will not work it only shows the main screen and also were do I plug the cd stacker into as per picture.